ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot

Go down 
+3
Luka
Bounce
Bryan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How many trip dubs will Dirk have this season?
Zero trip dubs
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_lcap40%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
1-2
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
3-4
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_lcap40%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
5 or more
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Bounce

Bounce

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:32 pm

2-0 in wins 4 B, and 1 lay down (Pistons last season, Spurs)
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Our game late in the season could be "meaningful" again. I have a ridiculous schedule in March/April. Thunder twice, Lakers twice, Blazers, etc.

#ffs
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:45 pm

I have to beat Denver tomorrow to put pressure on their backs for a change.
Jazz 8gms > .500
ffs
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 pm

You'll be fine. The good news for you is there's major separation happening in the West. There's only 10 teams who could finish in the top 8 right now. Everyone else is a long ways back. I still think EDC and Houston could make a push but that's literally it.

The west is a conference of the haves and the have nots.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Nah, I'm doing all right now, if I had started like this I could get in but I'm done for the season. Between sim losses, CPU freaking out sometimes and teams like LAL, LAC, POR etc. still to play I can never get there. Too bad the lottery picks are all crap.

I appreciate the faith though. Wink I'm certain you will make it and IMO if you came close with the raps you can be a contender with the Mavs. You will have to squeeze some cheese for it though since your oponents at the top will do it in crucial moments. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:50 am

^^ Edc is right, I hope you get a good young player and contend in the second season...

See Crax, that was easy, we love you...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:37 am

Since it looks like NOLA won't give Gordon a new contract, I will try to snatch him. I do have the CAP for it.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Mavs Cool The Heat, Extend Streak to 6

Hot shooting propelled the Dallas Mavericks to their sixth straight win as they defeated the feisty Miami Heat in downtown Dallas Thursday night, 75-66. Dallas shot 59 percent for the game and dished 27 assists as a team in route to the win. Dirk and Jet led the way for Dallas but 4 guys were in double figures, including a 14 point effort from Shawn Marion. Jason Kidd dished a season high 14 assists in the effort. The win improves Dallas to 16-14 on the season and still on the outside of the playoff picture.

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 Dirk+Nowitzki+Jason+Terry+Miami+Heat+v+Dallas+U6uPbM3wyojl
Dirk and Jet celebrate late in the game in route to the Mavs victory over Miami

Coach Bryan post game comments, sponsored by Subway. Eat Fresh.

It was a fun, free flowing game played by both teams. We simply didn't miss in the first half and I think we scored 46 points in the opening half. We were moving the ball around well and scored off a lot of our set plays. Miami played well enough to win but when the home team shoots 50+ percent it's tough to beat them and I'm pleased with the effort. We're a better team when Dirk doesn't have to carry us and having 4 guys in double figures and Jet Terry playing great is huge for our team. I don't care about where we stand in the playoffs. I care that we're playing hard and playing well. I'm proud of this team.

Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Why not bench Kidd and play randoms? Wink
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:36 pm

In my defense, Kidd was playing like trash when I benched him. Part of that is my fault though. Early in the year I had zero interest in this OA because I was still in Raptors mode and found it difficult to transition from team to team so quickly. Now that I've dug in with this team I'm discovering that JKidd can still play.

We are currently negotiating his extension.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:48 pm

How I didn't saw this game in OA menu, smh, I missed it as I was watching who beat who and boxscores...

But anyways, you beat Vince, Heat? Wow, you should be able to enter the playoffs easily because you're baling right now and the Spurs should lose some games...#WIN4B #HeatKiller #FinalsRematch #OldFartsCity

Love the song...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 pm

I beat the Heat man. It was a nice win for me. 3rd human win of the season. If only I could have got a few more defensive stops against the Blazers....#whatif

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 am

Mavericks Upset Defending World Champs in Overtime
Bryan has defeated Paul 3 straight times

Kobe Bryant hit a jumper right in Kidd's face to send the game into OT. Jason Kidd delivered a three pointer with under a minute left in OT to seal the deal for Dallas as they defeat the defending champs 78-71 Wednesday night in downtown Dallas. Shawn Marion was the player of the game scoring 16 pts and grabbing 8 rebounds to help the Mavs upset LA. Jet Terry contributed 21 and 8 to the effort and Dirk chipped in 14 pts. The Lakers started the game sizzling hot from the field and at one point was shooting 15-21 from the field and led by 8-12 points most of the 2nd quarter. Dallas stayed patient and chipped away at the lead slowly before taking the lead in the 4th. Jamison missed a three pointer with 9 seconds left that would have put LA up 2. Terry made 1 out of 2 at the line and gave Dallas the two point lead before Kobe sent the game to OT. In OT Dallas outscored the champs 10-3 and claimed the victory.

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 1ea354c3
The Matrix flies through the air on a put back dunk

What a game, huh guys? Man, anytime you beat the Lakers you feel pretty good. Paul is a great coach and I admire him and his teams season after season. I have no idea how I've beaten him 3 times in a row now but I'm enjoying it, I tell you that much. We started slow but I knew they couldn't keep shooting that hot all game long. Marion was unbelievable on both ends of the floor. Haywood gave us solid minutes against Bynum and Jet played his normal game. I let Kidd guard Kobe most of the game in the spirit of realism. It was fun watching those two hall of famers go at it. Proud of our guys for getting this win and we're going to enjoy this one for awhile.

Dallas is 21-18 on the season.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:11 am

WOW?!

IMPRESSIVE, keep up for the 4th spot, I'm shocked that the Lakers lost 3 user games in a row...Did you let Barnes operate like me lol?

This is the best coaching I've seen from you Bryan Hager,

#proud...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 am

I still have the Spurs as division champion esp. if you don't get the free Blazer win.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 am

Props to you Bryan for playing on-ball defense and challenging Kobe on his shot attempt to send it to OT Wink

Ante wrote:
I'm shocked that the Lakers lost 3 user games in a row..

Like I said, I always go on a losing streak everytime I lose to you, Ante.. I got a sim loss to toronto after me and Bryan's game too. I should've played it and dropped 81 on em.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am

Bounce wrote:
I still have the Spurs as division champion esp. if you don't get the free Blazer win.

I see the Spurs winning too but it's cool. I can't be mad missing the playoffs if I win 28-30 games. 21-18 is a good record for my standards. Plus I've beaten Paul, EDC, Vince, etc this season. Can't really complain. It's been a good season. Just like at 24-20 you've had a good season except for 1 day. #Perspective
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Dallas Wins Narrowly Over Minnesota
Two human wins in less than 24 hours for Dallas

A day after an emotional win over the defending champs, the Mavs hit the road to take on Minnesota on Thursday afternoon. Despite a slow start, the Mavs hung in there and escaped Target Center with a narrow 69-64 victory. Rubio had a dunk attempt blocked at the rim late in the 4th when the TWolves were down 2 that sealed the win for Dallas.

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 Bb3b3a43
Jet Terry and Jason Kidd are still getting it done late in their careers

Terry: 21 pts, 4 asts, 3 rebs
Kidd: 5 pts, 7 rebs, 8 asts
Dirk: 12 pts, 11 rebs

It was a tough game. We knew it would be. This was the first look I've had at Minnesota and I must say I like their roster. Two quality centers, Love and Beasley stretching the floor, and Rubio attacking the rim. I applaud Mulac for building a good team. The first half our defense and rebounding was dreadful. Minny scored a lot of easy baskets. Our defense stepped up in the 2nd half and so did our rebounding. Dirk and Haywood hit the boards hard. 11 boards for Dirk is amazing. Terry carried the load on offense and I'm really impressed with Yi Jianlian off the bench in the last two games. We decided to give him a chance the last two games and he's been a nice backup to Dirk.

Dallas improves to 22-18 on the season.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:20 am

#TerrySneakingInMVP_race
#Youre8thohshit
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Dallas Goes 2-0 On Friday Roadtrip
1 win over CPU, 1 win over human

Dallas was able to outlast the Milwaukee Bucks at the Bradley Center, despite Drew Gooden playing like Charles Barkley. Terry hit a clutch three with a minute left to give Dallas a 6 point advantage over the testy Bucks.

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 7ccc5f48
Jet Terry raises his arm in celebration as the Mavs escape with the win

Game 2 of the roadtrip took the #Mavs to Oakland, CA to face the Golden State Warriors and their ailing coach, Sir Dexter Arthur. The Mavs shot the ball extremely well and won the game by double digits. 6 Dallas players scored 8 or more points, with Terry once again leading the charge. Klay Thompson played admirably for the Warriors chipping in 24 points.

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 Eee9e8e3
Shawn Marion expressing emotion after a thunderous dunk in the 1st quarter

Solid day for us. Any time you can go on a two game road trip and win both games it feels great. Crax was still under the weather and that affected their performances a bit. It didn't held that we had a stretch in the 2nd and 3rd quarter where we must have made 9 out of 10 shots. We had it rolling and a lot of that was because of our defense and the ability to get stops. I was impressed with our performance against Golden State. Any time you get the starters some rest late in the 4th is a huge bonus as we progress through this grind of a season. We didn't play particularly well against Milwaukee but found a way to get the win.

Dallas is currently 25-18 on the season.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Great teams find a way to win, your 3rd in the wild Western Conference...

#proud
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Youre welcome, Spurs beaten, HCA is yours.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Bounce wrote:
Youre welcome, Spurs beaten, HCA is yours.

You know I appreciate it. I was happier for you than me. Great weekend for the Blazers. 4-5 wins in a row? I'm not sure of the specifics but it was a positive weekend for RipCity.

Still lots of work to do for both of us. Things can change so quickly day to day in the OA.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:37 pm

I was 24-14 last week, then lost 6 on Monday, then 2 more to make it 24-22, and now won 3 on my own, and 3 thanks to sim engine vs inactive people and lost to Orlando in the sim engine fail where Por had only 39pts. Thats 6-1 after breaking the 24win curse. It's ok.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Mavericks Go 3-0 on Monday

With the playoffs around the corner the Mavs knew they needed a strong finish to quality for a post season birth. Monday they did all they could do by beating San Antonio, Detroit, and Oklahoma City in route to a perfect day. The win over the Spurs was especially big since they are in a battle for the division with Dallas but with the victory today combined with the Spurs recent losses to Portland and OKC, it appears the Mavs are in great position to win the division and claim a top 4 seed in the first round of the playoffs.

Probably the biggest surprise of the day was Dallas going into OKC and winning by 17 over Leroy. Dallas led almost wire to wire and shot the ball very well, while the Thunder struggled most of the evening. Shawn Marion had a huge game, contributing 14 pts to the effort, including a couple dunks and a couple threes. Jet Terry was 4-4 from three point range and Dirk added 16 pts. Jason Kidd dished 16 times to out-dual the younger Westbrook, who did have a double-double himself in defeat.

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 Russell+Westbrook+Dallas+Mavericks+v+Oklahoma+VMPGC3gLNAZl
Kidd and Westbrook had a nice PG battle Monday night in Oklahoma City

We needed to finish things strong and we're doing that. The season is far from over but today was a positive step in the right direction in terms of playoff seeding and winning the division. I'm proud of how far we've come this season. We were 8-12 at one point this season and to be 33-19 right now is pretty incredible. It shows how far I've come as a coach and it shows that you can't give up on a season just because of 1 or 2 bad days. Things can change in a hurry and we turned things around. The OKC win is another win I'm proud of. Any time you can beat a respected human coach I'm happy. Especially on the road. The win over the Spurs was huge and Jet Terry with the game winner was unreal. He should win the 6th man of the year going away and he should be all-NBA 2nd or 3rd team.

Dallas is currently 33-19 on the season and leads the Southwest division by 5 games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next