ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Denver Nuggets Thread

Go down 
+4
El-Divin-Codin
Goldielox
Ante
Bryan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Official Denver Nuggets Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Welcome to the official thread of the Denver Nuggets in the ISBA online association. More to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Official Denver Nuggets Thread Kobe_vs_jrsmith
Lakers too much for Nuggets on Opening Night.

Despite a good performance from JR Smith, the Nuggets were unable to go into Staples Center and beat the Lakers in front of a capacity crowd in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Kobe and the Lakers finished strong and won 59-54.

Coach Bryan comments post game

The Lakers were too much for us. Too many weapons. Between Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and others it's a difficult matchup. Not to mention they play great defense. We're still feeling our way as a team. I'm not sure we have an identity yet but we're improving. I felt like we did some good things against the Lakers. We need better point guard play for one thing. Lawson is a good player and he'll bounce back. It was a great environment for opening night with the TNT crew on hand, Bruno Mars performing pregame, etc. Paul is an excellent coach and I look forward to our future meetings this season.

On the contract situation of Danilo Gallinari

I'm optimistic Gallo will sign an extension with us soon. He wants to be here and we want him here. We offered him a 3 year extension yesterday and he's mulling it over. My expectation is he will be a Nugget for a long time.

Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Nice things here...The Nuggets are damn good...

Keep up B...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Official Denver Nuggets Thread 0302-Nuggets3-press-conference-Matt-K-web-300x174
Coach Bryan meets with media following preseason

After an eventful preseason that saw Denver go 0-3, the Nuggets are excited for the real season to begin. Late Wednesday night Coach Bryan met with the media to discuss the regular season and other topics.

How would you assess the preseason?
It was a struggle. We got dominated by the CPU, lost to Paul, and battled injuries. There were some positives. I feel more confident with this team now than I did 3-4 days ago. I know what these guys can and can't do and I had a chance to tweak the lineups and experiment.

Are you looking to make any personnel moves in the near future?
We're looking around the trade market. I would like to add a veteran front court player. We need some professionalism on this team right now with all the young guys we have. A guy like Antawn Jamison would be a great fit here. I don't anticipate any of our guys signing extensions until the offseason. They want to test the market and who can blame them.

How is Ante doing as the commish?
He's hanging in there. It's not as easy as it looks. Having to take care of 16-18 people is difficult. He has passion for the organization and I believe in his leadership. Of course he'll make some mistakes, he's human. I support his decision to restart the association.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:39 am

Lol at the picture for coach B...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Nuggets Lose in Season Opener

Kobe Bryant's 27 points were too much for Denver to overcome as the Lakers outlasted the Nuggets on opening night by 3. The game saw several lead changes as the 2k12 graphics reminded us numerous times but Kobe was the difference in the game.

Coach Bryan post game comments
"Kobe is a guy who can get his shot and score pretty much anytime he wants. I thought Afflalo did a nice job guarding him but there's only so much you can do. As a team we played OK today. We missed several layups, which is concerning. We limited turnovers from the preseason so that was a positive. I also thought Andre Miller gave us great minutes at PG.

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Official Denver Nuggets Thread J+R+Smith+Wilson+Chandler+Atlanta+Hawks+v+YejduJHEYMUl
Denver Earns 1st Win of the Season

The Nuggets bounced back from their disappointing loss to the Lakers by winning their home opener against Utah by 8 points. It was a team effort on both ends of the floor but JR Smith was the star chipping in 20 points. Wilson Chandler played well in route to 14 points and 4 rebounds.

Coach Bryan's comments
Very pleased to get the win. Playing the CPU is difficult so anytime you beat them you feel good. All the wins you get matter just as much whether they're against the CPU or a human. I'm pleased with our defense in the first two games giving up less than 60 points in both games.

On the point guard position
It's a work in progress right now. Neither guy is separating himself from the other. Andre Miller played well against LA and then has 5 turnovers tonight against Utah. Lawson was terrible against LA and played well tonight. We'll continue to give them equal time for now.

The proposed trade with Cleveland
I wish they would make a decision. Shit or get off the pot, etc.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm still waiting for Carney to sign, ffs hes taking his time
Celtics ripped of Bucks i see...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:53 pm

I wish that nba2k.com site would launch already so I could keep tabs on this stuff. I end up logging in to the association on PSN like 4 times a day to check on things. I would be lovely to access it via the web. Uploading reels would be a plus too.

Look forward to seeing the Celtics rip off job when I sign in later. Wink

Cleveland should accept my offer. It's fair IMO. A part of me feels dirty trying to work trades with the CPU but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:11 am

Yeh the trade I had in my previous association was more fair. There was a scrub involved instead of Mbah and a 1st round pick instead of a 2nd. But for some reason it dissapeared. This one was suggested by the CPU through trade finder as well. They upgrade at SF greatly though, and JO ain't bad.

Also check the new stats for the players and the new tab that is abbilities. Sadly for me Bogut ain't the monster from 2k11, his post game is average and his mid bellow average. But still its exactly what I need an excellent defensive Cand great rebounder.

Also he is sad with the Bucks and I have a big heart.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I thought your trade was very fair after looking at it. Giving up Jeff Green is a significant thing.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Yeh. Jeff is quite good as it is now and he still has some growth in him. The OKC trade though ... now that is horrible. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:07 am

Nuggets Report-October 15th

Official Denver Nuggets Thread 98620_Nuggets_Spurs_Basketball

Going into the opening weekend of the association the Denver Nuggets currently stand at 3-2 for the season. Friday was an eventful day for the young Nuggets as they lost a close one to Toronto by 4 and beat the Spurs in overtime 80-75. The Raptors came to play and would not be denied. Calderon dished his 3,000 career assist in the game, which is noteworthy per the "nba.com" section on the association menu. Either way, a disappointing loss for Denver, especially at home.

The night cap was much more interesting against the aging Spurs. Ginobili played GREAT but he didn't get much help. Well, except from the refs who really called a one sided game. Spurs attempted 18 free throw attempts compared to the 4 Denver attempted. JR Smith had a shot to win it in regulation but missed at the buzzer. He made up for it scoring 7 points in overtime while leading the Nuggets to their 3rd win of the season.

Coach Bryan on officiating

Listen, I know it's cliche' to call out the refs but this was ridiculous. Parker and Ginobili getting calls for no reason. We attack the hoop plenty in this offense. Where's our trips to the free throw line? They were in the bonus with 4:18 left in the 3rd. Pathetic IMO...I really wish I would have recorded the game because it was comical.

Thoughts on 3-2 start
I feel like we could be 5-0 right now so I'm not jumping for joy but 3-2 is a decent start. The two losses were narrow ones and I feel like we're getting better. We had too many turnovers against San Antonio but we also played more uptempo in that game due to the Spurs age so that played a factor. We thought we could run them and we did at times.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:12 am

Nuggets Sign Karl Fuller

The Nuggets agreed to terms with free agent guard Karl Fuller on Friday. Fuller was previously playing for the Bakersfield Jam of the developmental league. He was signed to a 1 year deal worth 480k.

"I felt like he could help our team so I pulled the trigger on him," said coach Bryan. "We only had 2 shooting guards on the roster so this will give us some needed depth and allow us to be more flexible with our lineups."

Fuller scored 5 points and grabbed 3 rebounds in his Denver debut against San Antonio.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:10 am

The commissioner of the NBA is fining coach Bryan Hager for harsh comments on the referees after the Spurs; Nuggets game:

Quote :
Listen, I know it's cliche' to call out the refs but this was ridiculous. Parker and Ginobili getting calls for no reason. We attack the hoop plenty in this offense. Where's our trips to the free throw line? They were in the bonus with 4:18 left in the 3rd. Pathetic IMO...I really wish I would have recorded the game because it was comical.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread Alg_nuggets_george_karl

The fine is 15,000 $ to coach Bryan, it has to be on the NBA's bank account by the end of the next week.

What a Face Surprised

The Spurs are great, tough to beat, Manu flops and scores, Parker dishes greatly, Bonner is a motherfucker....

Keep up, I'm really rooting for the Nuggets....
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Report: Hornets and Nuggets Working "Big" Trade

The rumor mill heated up Monday afternoon as a report surfaced from a league source that trade talks between New Orleans and Denver are serious and "something could be official before sunrise Tuesday morning." The deal would feature Denver sending Kenyon Martin and Danilo Gallinari to New Orleans for David West and the Hornets 2012 and 2013 first round picks. The deal would clear some cap space for New Orleans in their bid to not only resign Chris Paul but add another legit star around him in the future. It also gives NOLA another building block in Gallinari that might tempt CP3 to stick around.

For Denver the deal upgrades the PF position while not getting into a bad longterm contract. It also gives Denver more flexibility in the future with 4 first round picks in the next two drafts.

Coach Bryan on trade rumors

This is all premature right now. Nothing is official. I'm not sure I should even be talking to you guys right now. I like the players we have now and I'm happy to be 6-3 right now. Why don't we discuss the guys who are actually wearing Denver jerseys...

Stay tuned for further developments
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Nuggets Report-October 17th

Official Denver Nuggets Thread 113128921_display_image
This was a very productive day for the Denver Nuggets as they would beat Washington and Chicago in route to a 6-3 start. The win against Chicago was the first human win of the season for Denver and the win against Washington was the first road win of the season. Lawson continued his strong play with 14 pts and 11 asts against the Wizards. Wilson Chandler and JR Smith also contributed double digit scoring efforts in both games to lead Denver.

Coach Bryan thoughts on both games

We're getting better and that's the important thing. I think we've made the most improvement on defense, which is something we need to do with the roster we have now. There's no doubt in my mind we could average 80 pts per game with the offensive scorers we have but I like our chances of winning more in a more controlled game. I'm proud of the effort and toughness our guys have. Both games today could have gone either way but we keep fighting through adversity. Proud of these guys right now.

Thoughts on the 6-3 record

It's nice and I'm happy but we've got a long ways to go. We have areas we can improved drastically but overall we're going in the right direction. The schedule is going to get tougher in the next couple weeks. We have Boston, Houston, Orlando, Miami, and others coming up.

On trade rumors

It's like I just said guys, I can't comment on that. If something official happens I'll be happy to break it down and give our reasons for making the move but until then I've got nothing to say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 am

Denver second in the west, wow........

Plus West is coming tomorrow, I'll spank someone here if someone veto's the trade.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 pm

wow. i didnt notice denver is NUMBER 1 in the west.

Shocked

could this be Bryan's year?
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:43 pm

well done B
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:14 am

Yeah, I really like it that Bryan is finally playing good and winning and I like the team....

Much more work to do B, keep up....
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:17 am

Denver Improves to 11-3 on the season

After three wins on Wednesday the Nuggets surprise season continues to be going in the right direction. One of the wins was 2k BS related as the Heat were going to win the game before it disconnected but at any rate the Nuggets are pleased to be in the position they're in.

The day started with a road victory at Philly. The Nuggets trailed for most of the game because of hot shooting from the boys from brotherly love but a cold 4th quarter keyed a Nuggets rally and ultimately a victory. Game 2 was the Miami Heat loss/2k BS. The Heat were up by 10 in the 2nd and in control when the game was cut short. There was certainly plenty of time for Denver to get back into the game but it wasn't looking good. In the night cap the Nuggets went into Madison Square Garden and beat the struggling Knicks by 4. JR Smith was huge in the game scoring 13 second half points, including a spinning jumper late from midrange that was made and he drew a foul.

The road doesn't get any easier for the young Nuggets as they're still in the midst of a long east coast road trip. Games @ Boston, @Miami, @Cleveland, and @Orlando still loom for the upstart Nuggets.

Coach Bryan comments about 3-0 day

Wins are difficult to come by in this league. Beating Justin is a huge win for me. I know it doesn't sound like much for the elite coaches but I have great respect for Justin and his abilities. Winning in the Garden is a big deal for me. It was a big deal for our players to play against Carmelo Anthony too. To show him what he's missing. We wish him and the Knicks well and look forward to rolling out the red carpet for them when they come to Pepsi Center later this winter. The Philly win was good simply because the CPU was playing straight out and we still found a way to win. It was a character building win. The Heat "win" isn't going to be celebrated and I wish 2k would fix their shit one of these days.

Any comment on rumored trade with Hornets?

It's been all over the media. I realize that but until it becomes official in a few hours I can't discuss it much. All I can say is I'm excited for the deal and I look forward to meeting David West.

Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:33 am

DWest looks forward meeting you too....

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:39 am

Newest addition to the Nuggets, David West.

Amazing addition.
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Finally! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Denver Nuggets Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next