ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot

Go down 
+3
Luka
Bounce
Bryan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

How many trip dubs will Dirk have this season?
Zero trip dubs
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_lcap40%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
1-2
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_lcap20%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
3-4
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_lcap40%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
5 or more
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 am

Jet still struggling. 2-12 FG in a 59-56 win @ New York.

FFS, he needs to wake up before his incompetence starts costing me games.

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:38 pm

End of an Era

Rumors late Monday night indicated the OA might be in jeopardy of shutting down. Tuesday morning those rumors became reality as ISBA decided to close operations, effective immediately. The news was difficult to hear for me but the writing has been on the wall for some time now. In recent weeks ISBA has lost several high-profile coaches and you knew eventually it would be too much to overcome. Things boiled over Monday when Hrvoje announced his resignation. The following morning Ante also announced his intentions to step down from the Clippers. That was the nail in the coffin.

So for now the journey is over for ISBA. A journey that saw a wide variety of emotions along the way. The purpose of OA is to stick with the same team for a long period of time. Unfortunately for us, we never got to experience to true spirit of OA. Some of that is our fault and some of that is because of reasons beyond our control. Those things include the real life NBA lockout affecting the rosters, 2k12 being a dismal game online, and OA looking like an unfinished product from 2k. Regardless of the reasons, it leaves a lot to be desired. I have some strong opinions about this community and some of the members but I don't feel its appropriate to take shots, even though many things have bothered me the last couple months. I'll take the high road, mostly because I don't feel like arguing like a little nerd on the internet and I enjoy the company of a few people here.

As for my performance on 2k, I made strides this year. I had a good run with the Raptors and proved that it's possible to use a lower team and still have success. Too often people are scared to run with "bad" teams and honestly, that's pathetic. In my 75 games with Dallas I had a record of 48-27. I got the impression that people didn't like it when I'd use Odom in his expanded "point forward" role as people would constantly strip at him like a bunch of little bitches in ranked games. As if I was using Dirk, D12, Shaq, etc or some other big with zero passing/dribbling ability. The constant stripping (in all my user games) became so annoying that I was going to give up on the strategy, even though it was largely successful and completely fair.

Thanks for reading my game thread the last several weeks.

Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 pm

What would you expect when Odom playing that crap that I would leave my center 35ft of the rim to have you play your hocus pocus offense? Get real.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Bounce wrote:
What would you expect when Odom playing that crap that I would leave my center 35ft of the rim to have you play your hocus pocus offense? Get real.

-Abuse Odom on the other end of the floor by posting up your big time center
-Play smaller
-Experiment with Zone D
-Occasionally run traps

There's plenty of things to do. All I saw anybody do was run around like a chicken with its head cut off and strip. How about another coach makes an adjustment? I know that's a weird and wacky thought for most on here. If I ran this offense against Paul he would make sure Bynum got about 18 FGA on the other end. He would make a damn adjustment. Not just sit around with his thumb up his ass and strip like a female. To be honest, you stripped the least of anyone and its not even close. Part of that is because you gave up but even early you weren't.

Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Can you get any more lame with that list of demands? And you complained when Wade was PG, but when a center pretends to play pg and therefore my center doesnt cover drives to the rim and cant get rebounds due to that pile of crap called "inovation" its someone elses fault. If you would try to play post defense and not just swipe and back off maybe someone would play you properly? How about that? Fuck off with pointing fingers when you're of the same kind
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:34 am

Oh shit...

Nice lasting impression though lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5