ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot

Go down 
+3
Luka
Bounce
Bryan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How many trip dubs will Dirk have this season?
Zero trip dubs
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
1-2
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
3-4
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
5 or more
Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:47 pm

I'll be getting on again soon. None of the other fgts will play TU IMO. I'm always game for it.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:48 pm

I guess it's too late already as Ante probably is going to sleep soon...

#JabAtAnte
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:00 am

I was sleeping...I'mma play tonight if you will, not sure if I'm allowed to post here, since Bryan has been dodging me and literally ignoring to talk to me since the "incident" ...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:30 pm

^I guess Ante didn't play "tonight" after all. That's a shame. He's got some big games coming up.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Dallas Splits Pair of Games with CPU

In the first game Dallas traveled to Denver and took care of business by blowing out the Nuggets by 20+. It was the highly anticipated game for Nate Robinson and he contributed 6 pts and 6 asts off the bench in 15 minutes. VC and Dirk also had stellar games to lead Dallas. Let's take a look at some media from the game below:

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 F4922dea
Nate Robinson flying through the air for a dunk

In game two the Boston Celtics paid a visit to Dallas and took home a 7 point victory. Dirk struggled in the game, shooting 9-20 from the field. The loss puts Dallas at 7-9 on the season.

Coach Bryan post game comments, sponsored by Subway. Eat Fresh.

We played a great game in Denver and it was fun to have breathing room in the 4th to experiment. Nate Robinson is adding a new dynamic to the PG spot that we simply haven't had until now. If he keeps progressing I could see him cracking the starting lineup, especially against cpu teams. Maybe against humans give Kidd the start and Nate all the bench PG minutes. Too early to tell. Against Boston we played decent, just got beat. It was a fair game for the most part so no hard feelings. We're getting better.

Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:36 am

Bryan wrote:
^I guess Ante didn't play "tonight" after all. That's a shame. He's got some big games coming up.
Practice etc...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 am

Here's the video Bryan I mentioned yesterday. I forgot to send the link...

#DelusionalUnderdog

at 7:50 starts the part, at 8:55 the really great part starts

this will serve instead of music for the Where #Underdog Happens video
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:06 pm

^that is great lol....WWE and ISBA have similarities at times tbh

#underdog
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:20 pm

#1 trend worldwide

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=837&filename=17487428
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Dallas Survives Against Pesky Bucks
Andrew Bogut's desperation three missed at the buzzer

It was an up and down game for the Mavericks Friday afternoon that saw them lead by 6 at the end of the first quarter and trail by 10 going into halftime. Dallas responded with a 26 point third quarter to retake the lead and somehow held on for the 2 point win. Andrew Bogut was anything but a bystander in this game as he led the Bucks with 18 points, including a drive and spinning dunk that unfortunately didn't show up on the gametrack. It was a thing of beauty as he drove the lane like LeBron James. The win improves Dallas to 8-10 overall on the season.

We looked at this game as must win. Any time you play a mid-level CPU team at home you need to win those games. It was very difficult but we found a way to win. Dirk and Terry both struggled and VC didn't score. If you told me before the game that Dirk and Jet would shoot under 50 percent and VC wouldn't score, I wouldn't have given us a chance to win but these guys stepped up. Haywood had 11 pts and 6 rebs, his best game of the year. Nate Robinson with 16 pts, 9 asts, and 4 rebounds was huge off the bench. Odom is starting to find his role, which is great. It wasn't pretty at times but a win is a win.

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 am

Mavs Weekend Recap

The Dallas Mavericks went 2-2 this weekend and currently stand at 10-12 for the season. They suffered losses to the Knicks and Pacers, with both games going very similar. Dallas led both games at halftime and in both games the CPU shot 60+ percent from the field in the 2nd half, while Dallas shot under 40 percent. In the end, Dallas would lose both games narrowly. The two victories came at San Antonio and at home against the Nets. Dirk came alive in the last two games combining for 60 points. Haywood is coming on of late and contributed 10 pts in the win against the Spurs.

Vince Carter was injured in the most recent game against New Jersey and is day-to-day. He's expected to miss 1 more game and be ready to go against the Clippers. Dallas is expected to start Roddy Beaubois and Jason Kidd in the backcourt until VC returns and Jet Terry will remain in his 6th man role, even though he will play extra minutes. For Kidd this would be his first start in nearly 1 month after being benched in favor of Beaubois at the PG spot.

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 Beaubois.jpg.728x520_q85
Beaubois and Kidd will be on the court together this week until VC returns.

Coach Bryan comments about the weekend and the week ahead, sponsored by Subway. Eat Fresh.

I feel like we played well in all 4 of our games since Friday. We can't always control when the shots fall or not. I still think we're improving and going in the right direction. It's tough out there to get wins. The Western conference is amazing this year. I don't worry about the standings or the overall record. I just care that we play well and for the most part we have. Next week will be a challenge. We have some road CPU games and human games with Ante and Vince. It will be a challenging stretch but also fun at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:48 am

Nice job so far, if you want playoffs, you need to win some more, starting with a win in LA, it's possible...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Mavs Waive Brian Cardinal, Sign Jake Robinson

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 OB-OE419_brianc_DV_20110604195512
Cardinal couldn't get on the floor this season

After not appearing in any games this season, the Mavs announced Wednesday morning that the club was parting ways with veteran big man Brian Cardinal. The man they call the custodian wasn't able to find a role on the team this year after the arrivals of Brackins and Odom and was essentially wasting a roster spot. He was on a 1 year, vet minimum contract so Dallas doesn't lose much financially here.

Coach Bryan on the Cardinal decision

I like Brian Cardinal. I think we all do. We just didn't have a role for him on this team. I wish him well and hope he finds a new home in the NBA soon.

Dallas signed guard Jake Robinson from the dleague to a 1 year deal for 473k that also has a team option for next year. Robinson was a member of the Raptors during the Eastern Conference Finals run on #reboot. He's expected to offer depth and leadership to the Mavs.

Coach Bryan on Robinson signing

Since we don't have any picks in this summer's draft we had to get creative about finding young talent and signing a guy from the dleague was one way to do that. I've got history with Jake so that will help. I look at him as an insurance policy more than anything. You never know how things will shake out with Kidd, Terry, and VC all being free agents. We could use the extra guard depth.

Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Didn't expect to see Brian go Surprised

Also didn't expect this weeks comments not to be sponsored by subway. Double disappointment
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Only the post game comments are sponsored by Subway. Nobody has stepped up and sponsored anything else.

Cardinal wouldn't be so bad but his release is awful. That's the biggest draw back. And he's 6'8, unathletic, and his rebound ratings are in the 50s.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Ah I see, I thought Quiznos was about to take over. F subway imo, NFL on CBS smh

He really has no use in the game though lol. Rebound ratings don't matter but it's not like he has athleticism to make up for it. I woulda signed Pops, decent rebounder & has the athletic ability to get the extra rebound in this game
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:22 pm

I know it's early in 2012 but this is definite movie of the year material IMO
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Wow, this looks amazing! Cant wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Mavs Defeat Toronto, Extend Winning Streak to 5 games

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 1e472683
Shawn Marion has been an unsung hero this season for Dallas.

In an emotional return to Air Canada Centre, Coach Bryan and the Dallas Mavericks defeated the lowly Raptors 73-65. The win was the 5th in a row for the suddenly surging Mavs, who are over .500 for the first time all season and are currently 15-14 overall. The win was tough since they were playing without Vince Carter who broke his ankle against Philly. VC is expected to start the next time the Mavs take the floor. In his absence Jet Terry received a few extra minutes and took full advantage scoring 23 pts. Jason Kidd ran the offense great again and has been a critical part of the Mavs winning ways of late.

This was a great win. I know the Raptors are awful but playing without VC is a tough task because him and Terry are the only natural SGs we have on the active roster. Jet was great and Dirk was Dirk. Odom gave us good minutes tonight and did Haywood with 10 pts and 6 rebs. Our ball movement has been solid and we're getting a lot of good looks as a result. I like how this team is playing right now.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Congrats, keep up...Kidd> I see you have the Bulls on the schedule, #toughgame...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm

^yes...the schedule picks up again. I had an easy stretch and took advantage. I thought I better write an article while I'm above .500.

I also have the Heat, which I desperately want to play. My best chance to get into the playoffs is to win my division and get a top 4 seed. The Blazers were in the 8th spot the last time I checked and they're like 7 games over .500. I'm only 1.5 gms back from the Spurs so that's what I'm focusing on.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:06 pm

I have SAS soon, #WIN4B
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:09 pm

^You are 0-2 in "win for B" situations so far on 2k12. I asked you to beat the Jazz on ISBA1 and you failed. I asked you to beat Vince and the Cavs on #reboot and you failed me again. You owe me wins against the Spurs damnit.

Last edited by Bryan on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes, & CP3 shall abuse em...I have back 2 backs vs them, I've failed in #WIN4B...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:13 pm

I have faith in you and CP3 to get it done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot   Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official #Mavs Thread: Glory's Last Shot
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next