ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Denver Nuggets Thread

Go down 
+4
El-Divin-Codin
Goldielox
Ante
Bryan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:33 pm

What are the proportions of your TV? I can see corners just fine and even the bench. I remember I couldn't see them when I still had a 4:3 TV.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:49 pm

I see the corners and everything just fine too. I wouldn't use the camera if I couldn't.

It doesn't really matter what camera is used this game still sucks monkey cock. It penalizes people for trying to run plays and be sim IMO.

I'm very tempted to return 2k12 to Gamefly and get WWE 12' in 2 weeks. I've had WWE #1 in my Q for about 6 weeks now so I stand a good chance of getting it right away.

So far the "keep" price of 2k12 is $42.99

I see no way in hell I'm paying that for this game.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:53 am

Nuggets Earn Split in Two Eastern Conference games Sunday

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 Nba-denver-nuggets
Anytime the Nuggets go 1-1 on the day it's worth celebrating

It was another frustrating day for Denver and Coach Bryan on 2k12 but most days are on this game so that's no surprise. In game one the Nuggets hosted the Eastern conference all-stars, aka the Boston Celtics. Denver had a bunch of turnovers, some forced and some random ones. Denver played everyone who dressed out in this game out of frustration before losing by 6. David West had 10 pts and 5 boards in limited action to lead the Nuggets. Rondo had 14 for the Celtics.

Coach Bryan after game

Frustrating game overall. I'm always going to have some turnovers because I run plays and take chances throwing oops for my own enjoyment but some of these turnovers are BS. I throw a pass to an open player on the wing and Paul Pierce magically turns around and steals it. I hate this game sometimes when things like that occur. You're better off running very few plays and doing a bunch of isos on this game. Take advantage of the lag and limit the turnovers that way. Playing sim on 2k12 does you no good IMO

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 138524_kris-humphries-and-kim-kardashian-watch-prince-perform-during-his-welcome-2-america-tour-at-madison-
I thought these two kids would make it

In the night cap Denver traveled to New Jersey to face the recently divorced Kris Humphries and his Nets. This game was basically a 2k12 fail session all the way through. Some of my favorite moments from the game included:

-lag the first 3-4 minutes of the game. In a cpu game.
-Deron Williams hit a free throw and the score didn't change. Lovely indeed.
-Denver was called for not 1, not 2, but 3 straight illegal screen fouls in a row at one point. Seriously 2k?

Anyway, I lead by 16 at one point in the 3rd quarter but got cold and they made a comeback. I only shot 55 percent for the game so it's understandable. In the end I won by 3. Hooray for me.

Coach Bryan after Nets game

We played fairly well except for the first 3 minutes of the fourth quarter. David West continues to be a monster with 17 pts, 7 rebs, and 6 asts. The CPU continues to play like a bitch but at least we won. That's all that matters in the end. I think we're 22-18 right now. Not bad considering we're like 4-8 vs humans.

Upcoming games for Denver:
*New Orleans
Memphis
Atlanta
Someone else

*game can be seen in sparkling standard definition on tape delay
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:53 am

3rd quarter cold streaks ftfw, happens every single game against cpu, without a fail
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:30 am

The best coach vs CPU, BRYAN!

Tonight we play biatch...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 am

Try using icon passes, timing passes better or putting a point guard in a better position. I run plays every possesion (when not breaking) and do not have that many TOs, maybe it's Rondos passing though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:33 am

I agree with EDC, that shouldn't be a problem...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:07 pm

El-Divin-Codin wrote:
Try using icon passes, timing passes better or putting a point guard in a better position. I run plays every possesion (when not breaking) and do not have that many TOs, maybe it's Rondos passing though. Wink

I've always used the passing icons. What kind of noob wouldn't.

You didn't run plays every possession against me. Not even close. Calling for a screen to run pick and roll doesn't count as a play IMO. I'm talking real play calls.

I stand by what I say. Running a ton of plays in this game is suicide. Pick n roll and isos against laggy defense would have someone winning at least 75 percent of their user v user games. They would be lame but it would work.

It doesn't help that Lawson isn't the greatest passer yet but a lot of the "turnovers" are open when I throw the pass.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Errr I didn't run a screen one single time. It was all Boston plays. I don't know them by heart so I have them on auto, but yeh it was "real plays".

Well that is unless you consider Denver plays to be more real ... in that case I'm sorry and I will switch to Denver playbook ...

P.S. I probably did too few alley oops. Since we see about 6 or 7 every NBA game.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm sorry if I came a bit hard. But it does pisses me off when someone calls out that all I do is set screens when I set them only sometimes when the play breaks and in this game I clearly remember that I haven't set even one. Not that I consider picks to be unsim. Also pick and rolls are very tough to do in 2k12 and I've never managed to score more than 2 or 3 times in any game, which is a bit sad since they are the bread and butter of modern basketball. It was all Boston plays, except 2 Bucks plays all of them selected by the CPU. I don't even use the quick play option. And they were indeed run each and every possession.

Also with lag it's indeed very tough to defend. 30% of baskets or more I get are because of the delay, in some instances it's enough for a player to pumpfake move one step and shoot and you can't keep up because of it. Also the new escape dribbles are killers when the game is laggy.

Last edited by El-Divin-Codin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:17 pm

EDC played really great and had various plays vs me, I think he ain't complaining about that, he's complaining about turnovers, well you can keep em down, everyone can, running plays is a reward in this game to me, just like in real life, you can't choose em randomly, pick and choose the right play at the right time for the right player is KEY...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Wish I could learn a playbook but each play has so many options and there is a ton of them so I just keep it random. It's also a good way to keep it varied for me, otherwise I would probably turn to the money plays or just artificially vary plays not to be cheese.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Report: Nuggets Involved in 3 Way Trade
Rumors are surfacing around the association this afternoon that the Nuggets, Clippers, and Portland are working out a 3 way trade that will include the likes or Arron Afflalo, Andre Miller, Mo Williams, and Brandon Roy. Details are sketchy at this point but it appears Afflalo and Miller would be heading to the Clippers, Mo Williams to Portland, and Brandon Roy to Denver. Draft picks and other cash considerations are also expected to be included in the deal.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 Brandon-Roy
Are Brandon Roy's days in Portland numbered?
Coach Bryan on potential trade

It seems like you guys (media) always try to stir something up this time of year. I don't know anything about it guys. Sorry to disappoint. I'm trying to figure out a way to stop Chris Paul and get a win over the Hornets later today. That's my focus. I'll let the bosses worry about any potential trades or personnel moves.

Denver is scheduled to face New Orleans later today.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:06 am

Hornets Outlast Nuggets

Despite a promising start, the Hornets would finish strong and defeat the Nuggets by 6. New Orleans trailed by 1 going into the 4th but came up big in the final 4 minutes with some key steals. Tempers flared after the game but it appears nothing came of it. In other news, the 3 way trade with Portland and LA Clippers fell through at the 11th hour. Brandon Roy appears to be staying in Portland.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 GYI0063936405_crop_450x500
Ty Lawson competed hard against CP3 but had too many turnovers

Coach Bryan on Hornets game and Brandon Roy trade

The Hornets game was a tough pill to swallow. I thought we had a good gameplan but in the end we weren't good enough. Turnovers were a big story for us again today and it hurt us in the end. I think we had 14 TO's and that's too many. Our goal is to keep it under 10 and we failed. The post game stuff was greatly exaggerated. Ante and I had some words but it's over and done with. I'm sorry for my part in it and Ante knows I love him. As for the big trade falling through, that's disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 am

Part 1 of Denver @ New Orleans

Part 2

Part 3

^That's the first half. In the coming days I'll post more. At least some key moments in the 2nd half. Posting the entire game is time consuming and unnecessary IMO
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:30 am

Bryan wrote:
[center][size=18][color=cyan]

The Hornets game was a tough pill to swallow. I thought we had a good gameplan but in the end we weren't good enough. Turnovers were a big story for us again today and it hurt us in the end. I think we had 14 TO's and that's too many. Our goal is to keep it under 10 and we failed. The post game stuff was greatly exaggerated. Ante and I had some words but it's over and done with. I'm sorry for my part in it and Ante knows I love him. As for the big trade falling through, that's disappointing.

I love you I love you

Great post, I apologize again too...

The game was back and forth, Nuggets tough team to beat...

I saw in the game that DWest and CP3 hardly looked at each other SMH...

Great stuff here Basketball Basketball ...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 am

So Allen, Dampier for Afflalo and Birdman?

I get a little CAP space to resign my core people and a player I love in Afflalo. Birdman compensates for the huge quality gap. You get in Allen the man that might push you through a round or two in the POs?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 pm

El-Divin-Codin wrote:
So Allen, Dampier for Afflalo and Birdman?

I get a little CAP space to resign my core people and a player I love in Afflalo. Birdman compensates for the huge quality gap. You get in Allen the man that might push you through a round or two in the POs?

lol, I like how you sell the trade for me.

Birdman and Afflalo is too much to give up for Ray Allen at this stage of his career. Dampier isn't an NBA player so I can even count him. If it was Ray Allen and another real player I'd be interested. I realize your roster is extremely top heavy so it's difficult to find another player to package with Allen.

The offer is OK but I'm giving up too much and receiving too little.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Well I heard since you are releasing Afflalo anyway it might work for you. Hrmm ...I know you don't think much of Big Baby otherwise I might have thrown him in the deal.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Nuggets Split with CPU

Yesterday the Nuggets were overwhelmed by the Pacers and fell 80-61. Indiana scored 56 points in the paint and seemingly couldn't be stopped. Denver shot over 50 percent but it wasn't near enough as a big 3rd quarter surge put Indiana on top for good.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 0E38B631A7010A4AB89928_Large
Even "Psycho T" was shocked by his epic performance Tuesday night

Coach Bryan on Pacers game

The CPU wanted to win this one so mission accomplished. We played hard but I didn't execute well enough. Our rebounding was really bad too. Which is odd because that might be the area we've improved the most on this season but Hansbrough was a monster.

Today the Nuggets bounced back by going into Staples Center and beating the Clippers by 9. LA started fast but Denver outscored the Clips 24-12 in the 2nd quarter to seize control of the game. It was the only quarter Denver won but it was enough. JR Smith led the way with 19. Afflalo added 17 in what could be his final game as a Nugget if the buzz on Twitter is accurate.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 Arron-afflalo
If this was Afflalo's last game as a Nugget, it was a good one

Coach Bryan on Clippers win and trade rumors

We needed this win badly and we got it. We're hanging in the Western conference playoff picture by the skin of our teeth most days so any win is huge at this juncture. After a sluggish first quarter we played well and controlled the game. I don't think they came within 6 at any point in the 2nd half so good job out of us protecting that lead. As for trade rumors, its premature. The deadline is tomorrow night just before midnight so we'll see.

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:24 pm

funny how our schedule is very similar. pacers, clippers, etc.

you lose to pacers, i lose to pacers.

you beat clippers, i beat the clippers.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:29 pm

I know and we played both the Pacers and Clippers at the same time. You sent me a PSN message yesterday complaining about your game with the Pacers and I thought you were talking about my game since I was getting crapped on at the time by them. Then I see in the lobby afterward that you were losing to them late and it all made sense.

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Yeah i was talking about your game and mine at the same time. cause i saw you playing them on the lobby before i started my game.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:10 am

Funny cpu frustration talk, I might just say the Jazz kicked my ass...
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Well Ray Allen has arrived, and Boston got better depth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Denver Nuggets Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next