ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Denver Nuggets Thread

Go down 
+4
El-Divin-Codin
Goldielox
Ante
Bryan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Lakers too much for Nuggets

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 Dm_090523_NBA_KobePostREV
An emotionally drained Kobe Bryant talks with Doris Burke after the game
Denver struggled most of the night and lost to the Lakers 56-51. The offense was really bad in the first half but did improve in the 2nd half. Unfortunately it wasn't quite enough as the talent-rich Lakers earned the win, their 2nd of the year over Denver. David West led Denver with 14 points and JR Smith chipped in 10. Wilson Chandler's slump continued as he shot 3-14 from the field with his hitchy release that mysteriously showed up last week.

Coach Bryan on the loss to LA

I don't know what to say, really. We made some uncharacteristic mistakes on both sides of the ball tonight and we absolutely can't get a rebound right now. To the point where it's laughable. Between the rebounding issue and Wilson Chandler not being able to score anymore it really hurts our team. Unless we start playing better I'll be sitting next to Paul on his couch watching the playoffs on TV this spring. We have a long ways to go.

Noteworthy: -Denver is 2-4 against human coaches this season.
-Denver is 16-10 on the season

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Bryan counting me out of the playoffs already i see. lol

we'll either be watching the playoffs in my couch or playing BF3 lol
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 am

Denver is really impressive vs CPU, not so vs humans, but I think Denver will get it and
I hope they'll be in the 1st four seeds, I see West is contributing, I like it but your rebounding suffered, no KMART...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 Draft-logo

With a minor break in the schedule (1 game available in Q) it's time to look ahead to this summer and the 2012 NBA draft. The Nuggets will have two first round picks and one 2nd round selection in the draft. Both first rounders as of now will be outside of the lottery. The Nuggets scouts have been out and about this winter scouting the best talent the world has to offer. From college basketball or international prospects. Let's take a look some prospects that have caught our eye this year.

Iancu Erhan, Romania

I'm projecting him to be the first pick and I don't think it's close. The 6'2 Romanian sensation is a combo guard but will play PG in the NBA. At only 19 years old he still needs to mature his game but his skill set is ridiculous. No weaknesses to speak of other than rebounding. Excellent court vision, good athlete, good defender, and a good shooter. Can't miss prospect.

Carlton Dame, Senior at Pittsburgh

Projected as one of the better SF's in the draft, Carlton's strength is his defense and work ethic. He's a three year starter in the Big East conference and is on track to be a first team all conference performer this year. He's an adequate shooter and is physically ready to play now.

Christian Warrick, Ohio State

This 6'7 SF prospect is a balanced player without any glaring weaknesses to speak of. He's currently averaging 14 pts and 8 rebounds per game for the Buckeyes this year and has made great strides on defense. Warrick seems like a safe pick in the mid to late first round.

Evan Rhodes, Wake Forest

This 7'0, 264 pound man-child is still a raw talent but has developed nicely in college. He's currently a sophomore in college and is expected to declare for the draft this summer. His coach says he's the most fundamentally sound big man he's ever coached. Rhodes is a tenacious rebounder and a force to be reckon with on defense in the paint.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Romanian basketball player, hahaaa! A gipsy 1st pick projection, un-fucken-believable
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Awesome take on the rooks. Sadly CPU GM didn't scout anything, so I have a 2 month late start.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:27 am

Yeah I was scouting and realized, DAMN I don't have ANY picks LOL....
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Nuggets Report-October 31st

Denver lost to Chicago Sunday night by 4 and to the Pacers by 2 in OT today.

Danny Granger scores 35, including 17 in the 4th and OT.

After the game I simmed my other CPU Q game and lost that one too. Denver is 17-14 on the season I believe.

Nobody cares anymore.

Coach Bryan on his future

This game brings me little enjoyment so I anticipate this will be my last season. what's the point anymore. God bless Croatia and I look forward to being retired and enjoying my PSN time again.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 Denver+Nuggets+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Game+Two+Ie_r5amVxjnl
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:33 am

Oh again with that sissy talk, man up and play, no quitting, like these pussy's here on the picture ^^...

Start walking over dead CPU corpses and kill em...

If you're really thinking that, than it ain't the same...

It really ain't....

You in the media 24/7 is good, but you playing and being the media here is fucking great...

17-14 is good, I really can't believe it...

Oh well...

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Nuggets Beat Knicks on Melo Homecoming

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 113235760_display_image
Wilson Chandler has been playing better lately after a midseason slump

It was an emotional homecoming for Carmelo Anthony as he made his first appearance in Pepsi Center since the well publicized trade last year. Unfortunately for him, 2k made this game extremely laggy and the Nuggets rained on his homecoming by defeating the Knicks by 15. The game included a thunderous dunk by Wilson Chandler over Anthony that sent the Pepsi Center into a madhouse. Anthony and Amare played well but that was about it for New York. For Denver this game stops a 4 game losing streak and stops the bleeding momentarily. JR Smith and David West led the way for the struggling Nuggets, who improved to 18-14 on the season.

Coach Bryan postgame comments

The lag was awful. Me and Justin deserved better than that from 2k. We both had struggles getting into our offense. It was a struggle just to call plays or bring up the passing icons at times. I wouldn't put much stock into the final score. We had a nice 2nd quarter and that propelled us to victory. We also experimented with some tweaks to the rotation that seemed to work OK.

Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:22 pm

McGee and a hug for Chandler?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 _david-west

David West Inks 2 year Extension with Denver

After days of negotiations, David West and the Nuggets came to terms on a contract extension that will keep West in the mile high city for at least 2 more seasons. The deal is worth 18 million over the next 2 years with a player option for year 3 that would be worth 10 million.

David West on the signing

It feels great to get this out of the way. I just want to play basketball and I'm excited to do it in Denver. I'm pleased with the deal and my role on this team. Truth be told, I'm much happier here than I was in New Orleans. There's no agendas here and everyone is treated equally. Great locker room and fan base.

Coach Bryan on signing

This was a deal we wanted to get done ASAP. We made a big commitment to David when we traded for him and now he's making one to us. I love his game and have been thrilled with his play.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 pm

I don't think so Hrvoje. I won't be able to afford McGee's salary this summer and after the Drew Gooden trade I feel OK about my bigs right now.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:34 pm

I understand, McGee has Bird rights though, so you wouldnt have to watch the salary cap. Maybe Pacers will be interested, the seem to try reach luxury tax for some reason. Kareem Rush (or Brandon) also got a 7mil/4yr extension.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:37 pm

I did see the Rush signing. The only one that remotely made scentz.

Brandon Rush should be good but he's not.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:58 am

Bryan wrote:
Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 _david-west

David West Inks 2 year Extension with Denver

After days of negotiations, David West and the Nuggets came to terms on a contract extension that will keep West in the mile high city for at least 2 more seasons. The deal is worth 18 million over the next 2 years with a player option for year 3 that would be worth 10 million.

David West on the signing

It feels great to get this out of the way. I just want to play basketball and I'm excited to do it in Denver. I'm pleased with the deal and my role on this team. Truth be told, I'm much happier here than I was in New Orleans. There's no agendas here and everyone is treated equally. Great locker room and fan base.

Coach Bryan on signing

This was a deal we wanted to get done ASAP. We made a big commitment to David when we traded for him and now he's making one to us. I love his game and have been thrilled with his play.

DWest you liar, it was a business move and now you ripping NOLA off, SMH...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Nuggets Report-November 4th

The Nuggets have "played" 4 games since the last time we met. First let's start with the unfortunate two sim losses to Detroit and Dallas. Nothing we can do about those but I love how I haven't won a sim in a good month.

Today Denver played a pair of road games. First off it was a trip to the Rose Garden to face the controversial Portland Trailblazers. After a slow start Denver got it going but turnovers would plague the team all day and in the end the Nuggets would come up short by 10. JR Smith and David West led the way for Denver while Aldridge led the way with 17 points for Portland. Greg Oden played great too for some reason. I'd like to personally thank 2k for drastically overrating his abilities for the 3rd straight year.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 West
West played big in both games today
Coach Bryan thoughts on Blazers game

We didn't play very well. Honestly, we had a great 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter but otherwise Vince outplayed me the rest of the game. I admire the way he didn't abuse any of his stars. Especially Gilbert Arenas. He played his game just the way he normally does. I was happy we contained Rudy Gay. I've noticed from some of their CPU box scores that he's gone off in some games. I've always been a Gay guy so to slow him down was a big deal for me.

After the Blazers lost the Nuggets decided to play CPU Cleveland in hopes of getting a win. It was a difficult task but Denver was able to get that win they desperately needed and defeated the Cavs 67-62. Denver trailed by 5 going into the 4th quarter but probably played the finest quarter of the year against the CPU outscoring them 21-11. David West was huge, as was Lawson and JR Smith.
Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 Ramon+Sessions
Ramon Sessions put on a clinic against Denver scoring 12 points in 12 minutes

Coach Bryan following Cavs win

We needed the win. Pure and simple. We're in 8th place in the West right now and any win helps. We've had a tough time lately and I think if we had lost this game it was probably over for us. Give our guys credit for the guts they showed in the 4th on the road in a tough environment. We're only 1 game back of 6th place so we just need to keep playing hard.

Denver currently sits at 19-17 on the season.

At halftime of the Cleveland game 2k showed a "live" outdoor shot of downtown Cleveland and the Q. It was really cool and I hadn't seen that before. #randomthought

Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:07 pm

I saw the NOLA arena too outside, really cool...

Nuggetsforthaplayoffs4real
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Nuggets 77 Bobcats 55

The Nuggets continued their long road trip by beating up on the struggling Charlotte Bobcats by 22 points. By far the biggest margin of victory for Denver this season against the CPU. It was a game of great individual performances for Denver as Arron Afflalo recorded a career high of 32 points on 8-10 shooting from three. David West contributed 18 and 7 to continue his solid play of late. Ty Lawson had a career high of 18 assists in the game. He also scored 6 points and grabbed 5 boards to pace Denver. JR Smith was held to a season low 5 points on 2-3 shooting. Afflalo not missing obviously played a factor in that.
Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 Afflalo_aaron_487_381
Afflalo should be smiling after the performance he put on in Charlotte
Coach Bryan on win over Bobcats

A very encouraging performance for us in this game. We led from start to finish and carried some positive momentum from that Cleveland win over to this one. I'm happy to see Afflalo play so well. He's been in an offensive rut lately and we haven't played him as much as a result. We're a better team when he's playing well. It was refreshing to see us not rely so heavily on JR Smith for offense.

Denver improves to 20-17 on the season and currently stands T 7th in the West.

Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Wow, NOLA will have a TOUGH job next week...

Lawson 18 assists Shocked wow, Aflallo is pretty good...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Some highlights of my season so far since NBA2k still hasn't launched yet. Also, a special announcement at the end.

Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:07 am

Lovely really lovely video, except gay music Smile , also that JR Smith jumper was CRAZY, and NBA2K12 looks so better on the broadcast regular every arena the different angle camera, feels so realistic IMO...

Great job, best franchise thread IMO...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:31 am

LOL you use the NHL cam... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:34 am

I enjoy the 2k cam. The game looks better on broadcast but I see the shot releases so well on 2k cam and I'm better on defense with it.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:28 pm

you can't see corners in 2k cam, even when zoomed out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Denver Nuggets Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next