ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Denver Nuggets Thread

Go down 
+4
El-Divin-Codin
Goldielox
Ante
Bryan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ante

Ante

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:44 pm

KMART FTFW, Galliniari is MONEY....

Thanks B, I hope DWest makes em from mid and post, because his inside is 90 and mid 90 lol....
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm

West struggled in his debut but I expected as much. I think he will fair better against humans than CPU.

25 minutes
2-8 FGs
5 points
4 rebounds
2 blocks

2 point loss to Cleveland. Lawson's game winning three in and out at buzzer.

smh
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 pm

He was good vs cpu to me

13 ppg

4rpg
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:15 pm

We play different styles. I play as a team, you spam with CP3, etc

Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Bryan wrote:
We play different styles. I play as a team, you spam with CP3, etc

lol... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:12 pm

I usually don't mind the CP3 spam since NOLA isn't great but that box score against Sacramento was ridiculous. 12 steals with CP3 and 25 FGA.

Come on brah
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:15 am

Nuggets Report-October 21st

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 J-r-smith
If this shot was attempted in the last 48 hours, chances are it went in

October 21st was an interesting day for the Denver Nuggets. They acquired David West and two 1st round picks from New Orleans for Kenyon Martin and Danilo Gallinari. A big trade for sure but many wondered how the new look Nuggets would fair with their new addition.

David West made his debut at Pepsi Center against Cleveland. A game that Denver was heavily favored to win. No problem, right? Not so fast my friend. The Cavs came out swinging in this one led by Baron Davis and Jamison and rained on West's debut by beating Denver by 2. The Cavs led most of the game but Denver did take a 2 point lead with just over two minutes left but couldn't build on it. The loss was hard to swallow and West struggled in his debut scoring 5 points and grabbing 4 rebounds. He shot 2-8 from the field.

Game 2 of the day was much better for the surprise Nuggets as Phoenix visited Pepsi Center. Despite falling behind 8-0 early and the crowd getting anxious, the Nuggets stayed the course and outlasted the veteran Suns, 72-64. The largest margin of victory for Denver all season. David West played much better in this game with 14 points and 8 rebounds. JR Smith continued his stellar play with 25 points on 15 shots. Nene chipped in 10.

Coach Bryan on the trade and why they did it

I felt like we needed more scoring from the post. Kmart is a tough guy and many of the things he does won't show up in the box score but he's not much of a scoring threat. This team had plenty of perimeter weapons but I thought we lacked a big guy we could depend on. David West fills that void. Giving up Gallinari was a difficult decision but in the end with him and Wilson Chandler both being free agents this summer we feel like Chandler is the much better option for the future. We didn't intend to resign Gallo so we wanted to get something for him and those two 1st round picks will come in handy. Giving us 4 first rounders the next two years. Even if we only hit on 1/4 picks it still makes the trade worth it to me.

Overall thoughts on the two games today

Very disappointed that we lost to the Cavs but I'm not shocked. Anytime you shake the roster up that first game is always the toughest. The night cap against Phoenix was a huge win for us in my opinion. If we lose two CPU games in a row after the trade I think some doubt would creep into our minds. Wondering if the deal was the wrong thing to do. This win gets us back on track. We're 12-4 now and still where we want to be.

Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 am

Bryan wrote:
I usually don't mind the CP3 spam since NOLA isn't great but that box score against Sacramento was ridiculous. 12 steals with CP3 and 25 FGA.

Come on brah

I know, he was playin off ball and my oh my he's good in the passing lanes, plus both teams had 12+ TO's in the game.....It was a bad game taking care of the ball.....
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 am

What's up with the 31 point loss vs the Magic?

Nuggets 1st in the west 12 wins 5 losses, but Thunder, the Grizzlies and the Hornets coming at ya...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:46 pm

^Couldn't play the game because it would just DC so I'm sure it was simmed.

I have quite a few games in the next couple weeks of the calendar against overseas competition so I hope the patch gets released EARLY next week or else there will be more sim losses.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:12 pm

It's really frustrating that it's still not out ... first the one week more than the XBOX people and now this ... they really should organize themselves a bit better. Sometimes they trully act as if they are completely incompetent ... wonder why a multi million company can't afford decent managers ...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:15 pm

I will get 5 games VS user simmed if the patch doesn't come in the next days which is a damn shame. After all we are here to play each other.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:53 pm

IMO it will come on Monday...

I have 4 straight games vs humans!
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Nuggets Report-October 24th

Denver currently stands at 13-6 on the season and desperately needs that patch to come out so we can play our international friends. Some noteworthy news from Nuggets camp include the signing of free agent G/F Chris Jennings. The 6'6 rookie from St. Johns was playing in the Croatian A-1 league (KK Zadar) before signing with Denver today. He was given a 1 year, 480k contract.

Coach Bryan on the signing

After trading Gallinari away we needed additional depth at the wing and thought Chris Jennings was the best player available to fill the void. We offered a contract to Rodney Carney but he didn't respond so we had to move on. Between Gary Forbes, Jennings, and Karl Fuller we have adequate depth at SG/SF now. I don't anticipate us making any more moves the rest of the season. Never say never but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 am

Oh Mr.Jennings, nice addition...

Patch out LETS GOOOOOOOOO...
Back to top Go down
Luka

Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:27 am

Bryan wrote:
The 6'6 rookie from St. Johns was playing in the Croatian A-1 league (KK Zadar) before signing with Denver today. He was given a 1 year, 480k contract.
it.
Wtf? KK Zadar lol
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Breaking news!!! D.West got injured for 4 games, sorry Brahian
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

West getting hurt was a nice start to the game. Not sure how he can get knocked to the ground after hitting a midrange jumper and there's no foul but that's 2k for ya. I doubt he misses any games. On my roster it shows him at full strength. Usually it would show his overall rating in a different color and it would be 15 points lower or so.

Golden State is a bad matchup for me. I didn't know how to play them once West got hurt. Plus the steal spamming was making it difficult to run my plays.

I'm just not very good at sports games anymore. I prefer playing on a team and having a specific role instead of doing everything myself. Probably why I love team up and teaming up on shooting games.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 am

Optimism my friend and practice...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Ante wrote:
Optimism my friend and practice...

Practice on a video game? You must be crazy.

Optimism is good advice. I was genuinely excited to play Dallas last night but 2k decided to mess things up again. When things like that occur it's tough to be optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Well I see you want to win then,

practice your plays ans sig shots it's easy smh...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Ante wrote:
Well I see you want to win then,

practice your plays ans sig shots it's easy smh...

I know all my releases smh...well they changed Wilson Chandler's for some reason now. It has a HORRIBLE hitch. I realize he was a glitch before but wow. No reason to completely degrade his shooting. I wouldn't have traded Gallo if I had known 2k was going to fuck me over again with this BS.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Denver 76 Philly 73 F OT
The Nuggets got back on track Wednesday afternoon defeating the struggling 76ers, 76-73 in front of a sold out New Years Eve crowd at Pepsi Center. Denver seized control of the game late in the 3rd and most of the 4th but Philly closed on an 8-2 run in the final 2:30 to force overtime. Coach Bryan had a team huddle prior to OT tipping off and inspired his troops to a great performance in overtime as the Nuggets were able to outlast the feisty 76ers who shot 55 percent from the field for the game. The win ends a 3 game losing streak and seemingly gets Denver back on track.

Denver was led by David West who scored 20 points on 10-15 shooting. Ty Lawson had 19 pts, 6 assists, and only 2 turnovers in 31 minutes of action. Nene contributed 16 points, his season high. Nene recently agreed to terms on a 2 year, 21 million dollar extension with the team. He has a player option worth 12 million for a possible 3rd year.

Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 GYI0062898636_crop_450x500
Lawson fouled in transition by Thaddeus Young. Elton Brand looks on
Coach Bryan on the extension of Nene

I don't think we had much choice. How many legit centers are in the league right now? Maybe 5 or 6 and he's one of them. We're happy to have him on that type short term contract. I'm learning to utilizing him better in recent games and tonight validated that.

Thoughts on strong games from David West and Ty Lawson

David West is giving us another dimension to our offense we lacked before. Before the trade we were too dependent on the 3 point shot. Now we can shoot the three well, attack the hoop off the dribble, and have a great midrange/post scorer. We need West to battle on the glass for boards more but it will come. People forget this was only the 3rd full game he's been with us so in some aspects we're still in transition. As for Ty Lawson, I'm extemely proud he's a Denver Nugget. Nobody has worked harder this season than him. He's bought in to my system and is all in. He might not be Chris Paul or Derrick Rose but damnit to me he's special.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:35 pm

furk brands arms look long in that pic
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:53 pm

West made Pau Gasol cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Denver Nuggets Thread   Official Denver Nuggets Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Denver Nuggets Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next