ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-February 13th

Go down 
+3
Goldielox
Bounce
Bryan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-February 13th Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Weekly Roundtable-February 13th Nba2k_17

Weekly Roundtable-February 13th Image.axd?picture=UCBT-Basement
Hrvoje, Ante, and Bryan at the roundtable after party Sunday night

Welcome aboard to a beautiful Monday in the ISBA world. To say last week was interesting would be an understatement. We had prominent coaches coming and going and some new blood coming to the OA. A couple of the new guys seem promising, so that's good news. We had a player score 101 points in a single game this week and my precious 7 game win streak was snapped. And we can't forget about the OA tab making its debut. Plenty to get to this week with my award winning panel of Hrvoje and Ante. Let's settle in and get to the topics.

1. Thoughts on EDC resigning and Vince announcing he's done at season's end?

Ante: Vince deserves the rest and he announced the end clear and it's understandable and I wish him the best until 2K13 comes out so we meet again in this association, maybe sooner who knows. EDC is just... it was a weak move. Just don't play KJ and move on for fuck sake man. But we will move on definitely and this won't spoil our enjoyment. For season 2 we will find a replacement for Vince.

Bounce: It's kinda sad to see Vince go. He was here for a long time and I can only hope that he's done just for 2K12 and that the door is open for him returning when/if there's a NBA 2K13 game. He will be truly missed. I couldn't care less about EDC. He did not much other than causing some bs every few days, and quit because of some random ultimatum he made up for himself.

Bryan: I wasn't surprised about Vince leaving. That writing has been on the wall for awhile now. I'm confident he'll be back for 2k13. He gave us some good times and was very active most of 2k12 so I wish him well in his hiatus. As for EDC, I think we all saw this coming too. He threatened to quit a week and a half ago over Chuck Hayes. Yes, the undersized PF with a semi-crappy contract. I think he was looking for a reason to bail and he found one. No hard feelings from me. He was always a very active member and I appreciate that. He liked to stir the pot a lot for some reason but I learned to avoid it and not take it seriously. He would be welcomed back whenever he wanted if it was up to me.

2. Who is the best team in LA? (in terms of our OA)

Bryan: I'm still going to ride and die with Paul and the Lakers. He's had the same roster together for about 4 months now. He won a title with them on reboot and is in position to do so again. Although this time it will be a much tougher road to the finals coming out of the West. That is, if people actually care about the playoffs. This community has a bad habit of not giving a shit come playoff time. #Rant

Ante: Lakers have beaten us 66-64 at the buzzer, Kobe Bryant fadeaway jumper, so I think the Los Angeles Lakers are the better team in LA as of right now. Playoffs will tell who's definitely better. The second game in the Staples Center (LAL is the host) should be amazing, we will go all out because if we win it, we're a first seed lock = home court advantage till Finals.

Bounce: Lakers are the best Los Angeles team. I think it's obvious if we look at the current league situation. Their record speaks for them, and the Lakers-Clippers game they won also speaks for them, while the Clippers remind me of the failed OKC hypefest in some moments. Lakers seem to have more class in their public outings. Can't wait for the LA clash in the playoffs.

3. If 2k allowed us to play the all-star game in a variation of team up, would you represent your guy and play?

Bounce: Oh the old 2K10 pipe dream once they introduced Team play. I don't think there's much speaking against at least trying that out if it would be possible. Sure, I would play. I would play the regular team up as well if anyone else would want to.

Ante: Chris Paul here I come, it would be fun to play with all and yes the West would win, Paul, Ante, Bryan and Hrvoje>>>

Bryan: Of course I would. It would be fun to ball out with Dirk in the all-star setting. In the future 2k should incorporate all-star weekend into the OA a little more. I'm not suggesting they include every event but it would be fun to be able to play the all-star game at least in team up.

4. Early impressions of the new coaches

Bounce: I don't have any early impressions so far, let them stay here for a week or two before making any impressions. Too many of them seemed nice and then quit in the next few days.

Bryan: I tend to agree with Hrvoje that they need more time before being properly evaluated. The Washington coach seems pretty active. The new Bobcats coach seems to know some people here and has been active. The new Boston coach has been around too. There seems to be some promise in the new recruits. Can't forget about Skillswitch making his comeback. He's been better this time around. I think the greatest tenure in ISBA/NBA4PS3 history was from that JT guy. Two teams, two quits, in two days.

Ante: AFrankel and JayjBri are the best additions in my opinion. SkillSwitch is also nice, but he's on at strange times, but he can make up for that, Brainstorm needs to prove himself, AFrankel is the best so far, he's so sim and he's medium active here and he's a nice bloke. We may have to find one more since we had some really strange coaches here, from the Boston coach, to the Indiana Che Guevara type of guy, who wanted to change things here and Joe who was just a newbie.

5. Fact or Fiction: Multiple teams over .500 will miss the playoffs in the West

Ante: Fact, at least 2 teams and I hope them 2 or maybe 3 are CPU teams, it's just stacked, I won't mention the contenders only, because we all know that both LA teams and the Thunder will make the playoffs, I won't put Portland in that contender status because they still lack late game wins, so when they do that it will impress the RealDr.TryHard, I wanna mention San Antonio, the Phoenix Suns, the Utah Jazz, then you have he Warriors who will have some wins here an there and they will make it no doubt, so that's 5 teams, we should add Dallas and San Antonio in the mix and the 8th place is up for grabs, especially for the Suns and the Jazz, and yes, finally the CPU is battling for the 8th spot.

Bounce: Fiction. There are 10 teams over .500 at this moment in the West, but I don't see Warriors or Suns finishing with a positive record. They both were 10 games over 50% last week and both are going downhill. You could call that the Crax effect if you wish.

Bryan: It will be close. I think we'll see 1 team over .500 miss and another team that's right at .500 miss so I'll say fiction. Still lots of games to be played. I think in the next OA month we'll see the standings become a little more realistic and things will become more clear.

6. Fact or Fiction: Kobe scoring 101 points impressed you

Bryan: I was impressed, Fact. It's obviously not a huge accomplishment but it's a nice novelty thing. Even though Kobe is a glitch it's still a tough task to score 100 points with a player in 32 minutes. I know I couldn't do it with Dirk. Not even close.

Ante: Well 101 is always impressive, but it was against picked against the Nets and I don't know, I don't like it much, but yeah it's impressive, I think I couldn't do it myself. So yeah fact.

Bounce: I'll say fact just because the 101 points looked impressive as a number, but otherwise it doesn't look that hard to achieve. You just need to find a bad team, have a great player on your team and fire 40-50 shots with him and you could easily score 70 or 80, or even more. Nothing really special.
---------------------------------------

Thanks to my panel for another solid effort this week. Thanks to the others who read this each week. Let's hope for a smoother week in the ISBA. I can't handle Crax quitting and then 24 hrs later he's back. I need my funny british guy. Until next time, have a good week on and off the court and nobody is quitting this week. Not even me after Ante and the Clips destroy me in Staples Center.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:26 pm

#NotMyWords but yeah, I agree with "myself"
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:54 pm

What's Crax effect?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Goldielox wrote:
What's Crax effect?

I think he means since you're sorta controlling GSW that they will start losing now.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Oh ok, thx, i'll do my best to get you guys into playoffs Smile
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:12 pm

From wikipedia:
"The Crax Effect - a team that has a way better record when CPU controlled in comparison to when Human controlled. Named after Goldielox Crax and his season with Warriors where he finished 28-30, a lot worse than the next seasons CPU Warriors who opened 19-6."
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:16 pm

but then again cpu bucks and bobcats were leading east, so meh
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:41 pm

I can't wait for the LA clash in playoffs, remember people I only lost by 2, I'm improving lol...

Lovely roundtable, it's like Steve Nash, every time is better, much topics were discussed and solved...
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 pm

I thought the 101 points was by a whole team but by a single player? Tyreke Evans, if we're going to accomplish anything this season then I know what it is.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Bryan wrote:

Bounce: It's kinda sad to see Vince go. He was here for a long time and I can only hope that he's done just for 2K12 and that the door is open for him returning when/if there's a NBA 2K13 game. He will be truly missed. I couldn't care less about EDC. He did not much other than causing some bs every few days, and quit because of some random ultimatum he made up for himself.

LOL. Kinda funny to see it from the ultimatum guy. Iirc Balugik was kicked after you put out your ultimatum and he didn't even have any complaints on the forum. I got cheesed just as hard by KJ and put out an ultimatum. The only difference is the outcome. As for causing BS if you look it up you have been involved in most of it and stirred most of it so again, meh. Some introspection doesn't hurt "budy". #hypocrisyFTW

As for looking for a rason to bail out, it just ain't true Bryan. I love the game, I love the league and I will miss it (except the obvious people and quarells). But some things just can't go through imo and one of that it's a proven cheeser given shelter.

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 pm

good read. it kept me entertained for a few minutes while I was at work earlier. but couldnt reply til now.

@Jonathan. lol no one wanted to believe it until they saw the box score. Is Tyreke gonna go for 102? lol
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:11 pm

I got 60 in third and got bored at that point. Simmed to the end xD CPU Didn't allow him to score during the time it simmed it seems, maybe next time. MIght just make Hayes starting pg for one game and get a hundred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 13th   Weekly Roundtable-February 13th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-February 13th
Page 1 of 1