ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12

Go down 
+2
Vince
Bryan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:04 am

Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 672885029_2406019519_0.jpeg?limitsize=345,345&outquality=56&ext=

Welcome to the debut addition of Weekly Roundtable for the 2k12 season. For those of you who are ISBA veterans, you know this segment well as we've been doing it since the 2k9 days. For the new coaches we have this year, this is a weekly thing we do to discuss league topics in a panel setting. This week I will be joined by ISBA commish and New Orleans coach, Ante. I will be asking various coaches to participate in this from time to time so hopefully you will be down for that. Enough small talk, let's get to the topics for this week.

1. Fin resigned Sunday morning. Thoughts on that situation?

Ante: Well I don't like that he resigned. He acted like a child and he should've just accepted his mistakes and moved on. "Skillsswitch" said he will join and replace Fin. Plus, Jeebs is coming on Monday, confirmed, with OKC Igoudalas.

Bryan: The situation is unfortunate. He manipulated the trading system in his favor and when people called him out on it he clearly didn't like it. He was new here and didn't understand the culture we have in this organization. This is a fairly laid back place with guys who don't play to win at all costs and just want to have fun. Fin had other ideas, which is why I called him a try-hard on the forums as soon as I saw his trades. I loved his activity and think it's a loss to our community. All he should have done is apologized for the Iggy trade and everything would have been fine.

2. What do you think about the 6 hour advances

Ante: I like them better than 12 hour advances. The 58 game season will end sooner and we wanted more seasons right? We want to build our teams and we want to see where key free agents like CP3, Dwight land too.

Bryan: I think the 6 hour advances is a good thing. It means the regular season will last about 1.5 real life months, which is good. 12 hour advances make it go unnecessarily slow. At least this way we should be able to get through 3-5 seasons. I would have preferred a 29 game season but this makes the long season tolerable. I'm enjoying the association experience so far. It makes you really think about trades and other transactions because there's consequences for bad personnel moves.

3. Any good or bad surprise teams catch you eye in week 1?

Bryan: The Lakers beating NOLA was a minor surprise to me. That's a game Paul doesn't typically win in the regular season. He's got a good team and is on my short list of title contenders. The Boston coach looks very capable and is doing an amazing job with Paul Pierce. The Bogut trade was a nice deal. I can't think of any bad surprises so far other than the OKC trades but that's been well documented.

Ante: I'm gonna say that my team surprised with a 3 game losing streak, but I think we will pick up the pace. Denver surprised me with a 4-3 record. I thought it was gonna be 1-5, no disrespect to you Bryan, but I thought this team wasn't a great fit for you. You've proved me wrong and I'm really rooting for you. Vince and the Blazers are 5-2 which is a surprise to me. I'm amazed at 0-7 for the Magic. Balu, aka Goran is losing games like he never played 2K before. He's a great coach. I'm surprised that Gcity played 3 games too and Justin has lost 4 games already to just 1 victory. What's up with that Justin? I hope he gets back on track. Kellz is playing fairly good with his Pacers and George had a 20pt night so bravo Kellz. Keep up.

4. Is trading with CPU legit or lame?

Ante: It's legit if the trade gets approved in the trade proposal thread. So far we had two bad trades by Fin, but with this kind of democracy in that thread this shouldn't be happening in the future.

Bryan: If something positive came out of Fin being an ultra try-hard, it was the trade proposal idea. We needed some type of trade rule and I'm glad we have one. Anyone who has messed around in the trade finder knows it's terribly flawed. For example, it will let me trade Ty Lawson for CP3 straight up. If I include Ty Lawson and Wilson Chandler in a deal it will allow me to get ANY player I want, including Dwight Howard. Something needed to be done and the integrity of the rosters will be much better off. People should have more will power than to accept the glitchy trades but as we found out this week some people don't.
----------------------------

I would like to thank Ante for joining me this week. Hopefully by next week the NBA2k.com site will be up but something tells me it won't. But at least it's "launching soon" right? Sure it is.

Have a nice week coaches of ISBA.
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:21 am

I like
Back to top Go down
KingKongSuh90

KingKongSuh90

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:07 am

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:53 am

Your welcome.......
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:58 am

Bryan <3
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:14 pm

dont wrry ante ill get back to my veteran status again lol
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:13 pm

As soon as you start running plays, since you've learned yesterday lol, I have no doubt....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12   Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-10-17-12
Page 1 of 1