ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-November 1st

Go down 
+3
Vince
Paul
Bryan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-November 1st Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:50 pm

Weekly Roundtable-November 1st Nba2k_11

Weekly Roundtable-November 1st Three-guys
Bryan, Ante, and Hrvoje enjoying themselves at "Red Room" in Split, Croatia prior to the discussion

Hello once again and welcome to Weekly Roundtable. It's an honor to bring you another edition this week. It was a fairly calm week in ISBA until the Orlando vs Washington conflict Monday evening. It will be interesting to see how Ante Stern handles the matter. He's a good commish and I trust his judgement most of the time. Due to the sensitivity of the situation Ante won't be addressing this during the roundtable. Joining me this week is Ante and the new Wizards coach and all around lovely guy, Hrvoje aka Govou aka BounceWithMe. Let's get to the topics.

1. What do you make of some of the coaching changes we've seen in recent days

Ante: I'm glad that we got rid off some coaches, I'm sad that Kellz and Kenrick aren't with us because they weren't active as we want them to be, but certainly I love those guys and wish them nothing but the best. I'm really sad that they aren't playing with us now, but hey we gotta move on.
I like the new additions, active NGSG members, believe me if you survive 1 month in NGSG, you're a proven baller.

Hrvoje: Those changes were needed. Past years taught us that waiting for inactive members often results in games not played and rushed playoffs. I salute to the guys in charge for being brave enough to actually change things and move away from the old routines. Time will show how good the new coaches are.

Bryan: I just grew tired of some of the recycled coaches we kept bringing back. Kellz is great but then he'll disappear for 3 weeks in a row. Ken doesn't play anymore. As much as I want the Jeebs of 2k10 back, he's not walking through that door anymore. I don't necessarily like the idea of having so many Euros in the league simply because it can be difficult living in the USA to get games in with them with the vast time difference but the vast majority of these guys are quality people and active coaches. Hrvoje was a key addition.

2. Should we start a new association under any circumstance?

Hrvoje: I would like to start again if the lockout actually ends and we get all fa signings and rookies up to date. That doesnt mean that we should leave this season unfinished, imo depends of the dates. We should finish this first season and continue with S2 if the real NBA doesn't start within a month or two. Then depends on the General mood here ( and 1 or 2 finished season) whether we should restart.

Bryan: If the lockout ends sometime in the next 2 weeks I'd be fine with restarting. We definitely need to finish the first season IMO but after that I'm fine. I would like to see some variety in the teams people choose because if everyone chooses the same team again what's the point? I'd also like to see us balance out the Western and Eastern conference. Right now we have 11 in the West and 7 in the East. It would be nice to have it an equal number or within 1. I would keep it at 6 hour advances and the 58 game schedule. Maybe go from all-star to superstar level. The CPU doesn't miss a shot regardless of level.

Ante: Well they say the CBA deal is done at 95%, just the BRI is the problem. Fisher agreed with Kobe on 50-50, but the Celtics said no. I think after a season or 2 we should. That's a problem of the future so I wouldn't slam my head with it now.

3. Which coach is your favorite(s) to play?

Ante: Well I have a lot of favorite coaches to play, but in this order, oh I'm sure I'm the least favorite to play because of the depression after a loss vs Ante haha, but I think people love to beat me, especially when I'm playing in the NOLA arena, so the list is: 1. Paul 2. Dexter 3. Bryan

Bryan: I don't know anymore to be honest. I really like playing Paul but I'm like 1-20 all time against him. I enjoy playing most of the old school, ISBA/NBA4PS3 guys. Justin is always a great sport and fun to play. Especially since he doesn't lag on 2k12. It just seems like win or lose he's always so gracious. I find that incredibly admirable. Dexter is too good with Golden State on all-star level so I can't say him right now. After playing the CPU lately most humans are tolerable. I'm guessing the Orlando coach won't make Hrvoje's list.

Hrvoje: I still havent played many new coaches, but that's a no brainer - I love to play Vince. Second fav coach is a tie between you and Dexter, even though we havent played on 2k12 yet.

4. There's been some frustrations from some coaches here... do you think it's panic time or they should calm down because it's a long season?

Bryan: I wouldn't say my frustration causes me to panic. It makes me never want to play 2k12 ever again. The root of the problem for me lately is the CPU games. I'm tired of them playing really well EVERY GAME. There's never any wiggle room. You have to play either really good or great to beat them, regardless of how good the team is. The 30th overall team plays just as good as the #1 team IMO. I don't think I've ever shot below 50 percent against them and yet they've beat me 4-5 times. That's complete bullshit, pardon my language. The disconnects are getting better but still needs improvement. 2k sucks online and it always will. I'm sorta over that issue to be honest. I'm planning to finish this season out and play one more before I make a determination about my future of 2k12. Half the fun is the off-season stuff.

Ante: I'm surprised at Paul struggling after a great start, he should pick up his pace, he's a too good of a coach, maybe it's because of Mike Brown? Who knows, I think the teams that are struggling should calm down. We're almost at the half of the season so, no reason to blow up your team and start causing havoc here on the forum how you suck, how you don't like the cpu, how you don't like the servers, I'm gonna get BF3 etc. Don't start crying like a baby to his/her mama if there's time to improve gosh.

Hrvoje: IMO there's no place for panic. This is a whole new experience, and even though some are underachieving they always have to look forward to draft, FA this summer and new season. The world doesn't end if you miss the playoffs (unlike on past games). Regarding other frustations like server quality and stuff like that, sure its not 100% everything, and it wont ever get to perfect, but like in past years after a month or so, 2k makes things at least acceptable. No need to panic. #relax #wecanwinthis
--------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank Ante and Hrvoje once again for joining me this week. You guys did well. I appreciate those of you who read this every week. You're the reason we do this, etc.

Until next time ISBA, stay real.

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:09 am

3. I'm flattered. Laughing

4. Ante sounds like he's mad at my CPU and BF3 rants. lol
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 am

Hey, you guys mind if I bring my friend into the association. Bulls replacement.

He's not exactly sim, but I told him there's rules and he could adjust. Give him a chance or nah?
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:02 am

Good Roundtable
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:09 am

Vince wrote:
Hey, you guys mind if I bring my friend into the association. Bulls replacement.

He's not exactly sim, but I told him there's rules and he could adjust. Give him a chance or nah?

If he will be active then he can join, he will adjust after he sees the culture here...

Yes, Paul, I was mad lol...

I forgot to insert Justin (my bad), the tie for the 1st place are Justin and Paul, sorry brah...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:24 am

Nice read.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 am

Ante gained some weight in that pic? pig

Feeling that next weeks roundtable will finally have a real story.

BounceWithMe: Providing roundtable stories since 2K9 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 am

Haha, I guess, and shortened IMO by a couple of inches, myself and especially Hrvoje...

Next roundtable will be epic, especially if nba2k.com is launched, they've said November...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:58 am

oh snap, it's this time of the week again Mad
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Bounce wrote:
oh snap, it's this time of the week again Mad

Yes...I will be posting it sometime today soon. Gathering my info now, etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 1st   Weekly Roundtable-November 1st I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-November 1st
Page 1 of 1