ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-February 7th

Go down 
+3
Leroy
Jonathan
Bryan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-February 7th Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Weekly Roundtable-February 7th Nba2k_16

Weekly Roundtable-February 7th 3-dudes-flying
The trio running around shirtless at Hyde Park in London

Hello disgruntled internet pals and welcome to the roundtable. This week the panel will break down some early season surprises, who might be the potential NBA champ, and Chuck Hayes. You know my panel well. Hell, you even love them deep down in your hearts. I'm proud to be joined by Ante and Hrvoje once again this week. Let's get to the topics!

1. Your reaction to the Clippers beating the Thunder twice this week

Hrvoje: To be honest I was seeing that coming a long time ago, when I ridiculed Ante for saying that he was an #underdog against OKC. That's obviously wrong, and we found out that while Leroy is good, he isn't that good as he makes it seem like. Still this doesn't change much as they both remain in the title picture. I'm sad that the two games didn't produce a forum crash. Blame the OKC hype for that.

Ante: Well we had a great mindset coming into those two games, the first was won very hard, it was a great game, but the second one CP3 played terrific, Billups too and we had a big lead, but we took our starters to rest and put our bench. My reaction is normal, because I knew we could beat this team and it was a pleasure to play, I would like to see the Thunder rather in the playoffs than the Lakers.

Bryan: I was very surprised by this, I can't lie. Not that Ante won but won both games in such a short span. I didn't think that was very likely. Leroy has been talking a lot and granted, most of his "talk" is purely trolling and not what he means but still. I expected more from Leroy and the Thunder. I do think the real life injury to Leroy played a factor in his losses. His mind wasn't right and he was distracted by other things. I would still favor the Thunder in a 5 game series but I applaud Ante for stepping up this season.

2. Who is the best team right now? Bulls, Clippers, Lakers, Thunder, or cpu team?

Ante: The Bulls played more games than the Clippers, Lakers, Thunder, but I don't know, the Bulls have beaten a lot of CPU good teams, but they yet have to face the Lakers, the Thunder and the Heat, so I can't give em the title of the best, but top 3 for sure. OKC is out of the top 3, they're 7th in the West after these two losses. I can't decide between Clippers and Lakers, yeah we have a better record, but a game is lurking in schedule and that may decide the debate who is the best right now. I must say the Heat are playing well too.

Bryan: It's hard to say since not everyone has played yet but I gotta say the Clippers are the best right now. They've been unbelievable and have won more high profile games than the others. The Bulls are still a major threat but they are still an unknown right now. I still don't think anyone can beat the Lakers in a series. Not unless Paul plays terrible and the chances of that happening are remote. The Thunder need to prove themselves.

Hrvoje: I would still say Lakers, even though Paul crippled himself again by trading away Gasol. They seem to really benefit from Mo Williams trade, and it shows nicely on their record. Clippers would be a close 2nd on my Virtual Power Rankings, and CPU would be 3rd just because there are some tough computer teams in each conference.

3. In light of #ChuckHayes, how could the trade limit rule be changed to make it better or is it fine as is?

Bryan: I think the only tweak the rule needs is that once you trade your 3 players away, it's over. No more trades. No trading draft picks individually on their own. You can include picks with other players to spice up a deal but if you trade a pick by itself, that's the same as trading a player and will count against you the very same way. For the most part I've been pleased with the rule. Other than Chuck Hayes it's not been much of an issue. It's a rather simple rule and 3 players is plenty to trade away ffs.

Ante: Trade limit is fine to me right now, but people will always complain and there's no stopping it, if someone makes a better rule I'll gladly accept it, as of right now, I'm fine.

Hrvoje: I don't think it needs much to change. Maybe few minor tweaks or rules changed for season 2, but it would seem pointless to make any changes in the middle of the season. We'll need to settle on off-season trade limits as well. Rules rule at this moment. #NOTOFANTASY

4. Fact or Fiction: The Western conference will produce the NBA champion

Ante: Oh, tough question, Heat and Bulls should be disrespected if I said fact, I say fiction because in the West the Clippers, Lakers will have some bloody battles before WCF and when WCF comes and ends they will so exhausted, game 5 written all over the place, so if a Western Conference team wins it all, it would be the most memorable run maybe in ISBA history, because the ECF teams will have and easier path to the Finals and be less emotionally exhausted and the physical exhaustion by the players is a fact too.

Hrvoje: Fact. West is tough as hell with plenty of great human coached teams and CPU teams like Nuggets or Craxiors. Whoever manages to emerge victorious from this conference probably is already a champion. No not probably, I say he's sure to be a new chapion.

Bryan: I'm going to say Fiction and here's why. The west is a lot deeper and the better conference but that could be a bad thing come playoff time. You could get a case of everyone in the west beating themselves up in user v user playoff series' and by the time the Finals get here they don't have much left. The playoffs are a grind and the further you go, the more draining it is. Miami or Chicago will likely only play 1 user series each (maybe against themselves) before the Finals and since they have great teams they should have no issues beating the cpu in a 5 gm series. Miami/Chicago will have more left in the tank come Finals time.

5. Fact or Fiction: Derrick Rose or Chris Paul will be named MVP this season

Bryan: I've got Fact here but Kobe Bryant is more than capable. Maybe LeBron but I don't think Vince will play many cpu this season to pad his numbers. Chris Paul seems destined for this.

Hrvoje: Fact. Unless the game is any more flawed than already is, I would assume that either Rose or Paul will be the MVP. Just by looking at ASG votes you can notice that the game has secret factors which determine the number of votes (ewample: Duncan over Bynum) so I could be wrong and the MVP could go to Kobe or LBJ thanks to their name, even if they had lesser stats, but in a fair world Chris Paul is the MVP, as Rose seems to force things and kinda stat paddles himself.

Ante: Fact, both playing fantastic basketball, Paul winning games in clutch, having his best season since ISBA1 NOLA, his PER and EFF is the best in the league, assist and steal leader and pure point guard rating leader, no.1 in the West right now, as of right now I would give it to Paul, no disrespect to Rose, he's right up ther with the top 3 players in the league, scoring a lot and still dishing around 7-8 asissts, but Paul's efficiency is off the charts.
----------------------------------------------

Alright guys thanks for reading the roundtable this week. I also wanted to pass along a nugget from Ante regarding the whereabouts of Justin. Apparently his schedule is hectic and that's the reason he can't join us this season. I'll just leave this topic alone. Until next time, let's try not to get so mad over this stupid video game, even when the cpu has 46 of 58 pts in the paint. Everyone send Goldielox aka crax a message on PSN wishing him well and letting him know how much you love him. Good bye everybody and see you on the court.

#OATab
#ChuckHayes
#Underdog
#Fantasy

Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 pm

The #NoToFantasy & #Fantasy are retarded first off.

Secondly, love the roundtable as usual. #ChuckHayes :] Disappointed there's no #KingsFirstWin.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 pm

KJ has the best team, MVP, and he'll win the title. No doubt in my mind.

I lost all want to play this game, ranked games only entertain me a little.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 am

Quote :
Until next time, let's try not to get so mad over this stupid video game, even when the cpu has 46 of 58 pts in the paint. Everyone send Goldielox aka crax a message on PSN wishing him well and letting him know how much you love him. Good bye everybody and see you on the court.
DO IT!!!!!!!

Leroy stop whining and starting winning games in the OA...

Mine and Bryans answer's are the same for question no.4...

Although I hope we're wrong, good read...
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 am

I'm whining?
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:09 am

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:42 am

Great read as usual. As for the Hayes afera.

Ante: Trade limit is fine to me right now, but people will always complain and there's no stopping it, if someone makes a better rule I'll gladly accept it, as of right now, I'm fine.

There was no rule prior to the Hayes for the pick trade. The rule was clear, you can only send three players away. A new rule was created to stop Chuck from coming to Houston. And the #fantasy argument is bull since we are talking about a player that would play 10 minutes (on the 48 scale) tops.

Also when we are talking about #fantasy we are talking about a team changing face completely. So how is waiving and signing FAs any different from making a trade?

#ISBASternisnotamyth
#buthurt
#therealunderdog
#season2ismine
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:07 am

Leroy wrote:
KJ has the best team, MVP, and he'll win the title. No doubt in my mind.

I lost all want to play this game, ranked games only entertain me a little.

Thanks for the vote of confidence...

I know everybody has been calling Ante the underdog but from what I always read on the forums I am clearly the underdog Smile
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 am

Oh lol, but brah, CP3 is so far beating Rose for MVP...
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:51 am

Dont care about winning the MVP award.... rather have a title Smile
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 am

Lol at another underdog with a first tier team. xD
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 am

KJ wrote:
Dont care about winning the MVP award.... rather have a title Smile

I would rather have both...

LOL EDC...
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 am

El-Divin-Codin wrote:
Lol at another underdog with a first tier team. xD

Lol... didnt mean an underdog with the game, but with the users in this community... lol
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 am

wait what happen to crax?
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:24 am

He'll be back, got little angry on 2K, game Paul now?
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:00 am

that's why I saw him playing BF3 yesterday

can't play right now. I got school. maybe tomorrow early morning for you?
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Ok, tomorrow morning for me...Or late night for me, no school till Thursday, can't go anywhere because of the ICE (ice snow) outside and cold as shit, people have been fracturing bones etc. outside, fucking ice skating + it's fucking embarrasing that my team can't practice because the gym (no gym in Split is working SMH) isn't working because their air conditioning is broken because of too much snow, so it will get cleaned by Friday I hope...

So, I can wait till 7 ET for ya, or just play you around 1-2 AM ET...
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Rose > Paul. In every way possible.

Bulls > entire league. Thunder are good for bs
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Gossip, gossip, boi just stop it...
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 pm

You just mad @ the ass whooping KJ would give you IMO

I see he doesn't wanna talk shit, so I'll do it for him. Talking for others >>>
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Oh God...I'mma tell you something, KJ keeps his mouth shut and does it on the court, you just got whooped 2x times, as for me and KJ, we will deal our game when it comes to que, I'll assure that you know the score the first, as of it, I don't wanna brag or anything, I'll just put my head down, grind and play, capiche?
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 pm

You brag more than anyone else here lmao

& you just said you'll beat KJ... don't think you could win 1 in a 5 game series. He's winning it all. If I could get Durants shots down every game, I could have something to say about that but no. He's whooping everyones ass here
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:16 pm

What, tell me where? I don't see it, I just said I will tell the result, I bragged before, I'm changing man, I don't want to do it anymore...I just let my game do it nothing else, if I lose I lose, if I win I win, my game will talk...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Leroy is a riot lol...i love reading his posts.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:20 pm

lol I'll be here when you lose and say the game fucked you over. It's ok, it usually true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-February 7th   Weekly Roundtable-February 7th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-February 7th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next