ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap

Go down 
+4
Paul
Goldielox
Bryan
Bounce
8 posters

Your fav to win the title now
CPU
ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_lcap50%ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
LAL
ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_lcap33%ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
BOS
ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_lcap0%ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
other
ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_lcap17%ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
NOH (just so Ante can vote for himself)
ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_lcap0%ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Bounce

Bounce

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap Empty
PostSubject: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 am

With the All-Star weekend festivities right around the corner it's time to take another look at the ISBA Reboot season so far, analyze some things and make new predictions for the remainder of the season. After the "critically acclaimed season preview" (Bryan H., ESPN8 the Ocho) lets break down the season so far.

First things first, it's worth mentioning that Portland and Atlanta users left the league within the first week. There were some new users as well, Orlando, Charlotte, Washington, Oklahoma City and Miami all joined at some point after the start. This recap will focus on those teams who actually have played a game so far and who have shown some dedication on this forum and in 2k12. That means that OKC and Miami won't be a part of this recap in a "human" form because they either lack commitment or will be cut soon anyways (*wink wink to Paul*).

Don't worry...

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap 46782755
Note: this recap is based on several factors like standings, current form, trades, roster quality, coach history, ability and what not. If you disagree with it then go F' yourself and write your own preview. Happy holidays!

Let's start with current standings and +/- positions (in comparison with preseason preview) depending on how the team played (or didn't):

Western Conference Eastern Conference
1) OKC 0 1) CHI +1
2) LAC +3 2) CHA +13
3) LAL +4 3) MIA -2
4) HOU +7 4) BOS -1
5) PHX +9 5) NJN 0
6) MIN +9 6) DET +7
7) SAC +3 7) ORL -3
8 ) DEN +5 8 ) NYK -2
9) CRAX -3 9) PHI -2
10) POR +2 10) MIL +1
11) UTAH -311) CLE -2
12) DAL -10 12) TOR +2
13) MEM -10 13) ATL -3
14) NOH -10 14) WAS -2
15) SAS -6 15) IND -7

Obviously there were plenty of big +/- changes. There are several factors: the fact that CPU is still up there even without the up&under abuse, the fact that there were 274 trades made aka #theFantasyRevolution, and that some teams simply failed to produce (we look at you Ante) while some managed to overachieve (we would look at you Pacers32 if you were actually ever here).

However teams are still tightly together when looking at GB (games back, for slower people) stat.
In the West: 12th ranked team (Mavs) are only 3 GB behind the 3rd (Lakers), while at the same time the 10th Ranked team (Portland) is only 2 GB behind Lakers.
In the East: 10th ranked team (Bucks) are only 2.5 GB behind the 4th team (Boston), and 12th team ((c)Raptors) are only 2.5 GB behind the 6th team (Pistons).

Teams are so close together that 2 game win or loss streak can move you up or down several spots, and it promises to have a great battle for the playoffs in the last week of regular season.

-------------------------

Let's take a look at human teams individually, followed by record, projected record, odds to go all the way and win the title, past #'s, future #'s and anything interesting that might catch the eye of an average mid-20's guy from Texas.

West comes first...

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap Nbawesternconferencepla

Los Angeles Lakers

LA has surprised many by trading away a dozen of guys, while still maintaining a playoffs spot, and even going up from the projected 7th spot. They seem to have clicked, Kobe's divorce was vetoed, and Andrew Bynum seems to have new titanium knees. Even though one so-called expert sees them going all the way, I don't see them going anywhere past the WCF.
Record: 20-15 (3rd in West)
Projected: 33-25 (4th in West)
Key player: Andrew Bynum
Odds: 1/15

Past #'s: #LOLcity #Divorce #Fantasy
New #'s: #CPUabuser #LookAtMeThenLookAtAnte

Golden State Warriors

Everyone's favorite team. They seem to have finally found their groove with Amar'e on the board. Everyone's favorite team. If they continue to play well and win against CPU teams, they can hope for a playoff spot and a Cinderella story run in the playoffs. Did I mention that they are everyone's favorite team?
Record: 16-15 (9th in West)
Projected: 29-29 (8th in West)
Key player: Kwame Brown
Odds: 1/69

Past #'s: #MamaThereGoesAnother3 #Fantasy
New #'s: #MamaThereGoesAgainAnother3 #ffs

Utah Jazz

The acquisition of Ray Felton has done wonders for the team, and their record shows it. They went for 12-18 to 19-20 within few days. If the current good form continues they might go over the projected 8th playoff spot. Definitely a team to look out for.
Record: 19-20 (11th in West)
Projected: 31-27 (7th in West)
Key player: Raymond Felton
Odds: 1/59

Past #'s: #BlackJerrySloan #ClutchFelton
New #'s: #BlackTyroneCorbin #JerryWho #GordonHaywizard

Memphis Grizzlies

First big disappointment on the list. They were expected to contend, but after a tragic start they have yet to come into playoff consideration. Last (pre-)seasons finalist way under his level and under the high set bar of expectations.
Record: 17-19 (13th in West)
Projected: 27-31 (11th in West)
Key player: Rudy Gay
Odds: 1/100

Past #'s: #Bearhug
New #'s: #OJGayo

New Orleans Hornets

If the GS Arthurs (Craxiorrs?) are everyone's sweetheart then the Hornets are the opposite of that. After several failed attempts to gain a PG and after acquiring a NCAA level PG they finally gave up on and traded EJ for a proper PG. It might be a bit too late to catch up on a playoff spot, clearly something many people (not counting myself) will enjoy.
Record: 14-20 (14th in West)
Projected: 25-33 (13th in West)
Key player: Brandon Young Money Jennings
Odds: 1/125

Past #'s: #BasketballReasons #FreeTickets
New #'s: #WalkOverCorpses #latesarcasm #WhyIsPaulSoGood

San Antonio Spurs

The predicted end of an era came sooner than expected. All Spurs can hope for now is to get a #1 draft pick and hope that their top players big contracts end in near future
Record: 6-28 (15th in West)
Projected: 14-44 (15th in West)
Key player: Anderson Varejao
Odds: 1/5000

Past #'s: #ThankYouForTheMemories
New #'s: #ditto

Its Eastern Conference time:

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap Nbaeasternconferencepla

Charlotte Bobcats

The surprise of the season so far. Sure they had a nice wind in their sails by having CPU go over .660 before joining but still after the win over Lakers (you fail me Paul) and few others they seem to keep up the good form. Lets hope that it will continue a bit longer so they can give something to their 250 fans who come every home game.
Record: 19-11 (2nd in East)
Projected: 31-27 (4th in East)
Key player: Corey Maggette
Odds: 1/75

Past #'s: -
New #'s: #Fluke or #Wow

Boston Celtics

The Celtics seem to be cruising through the season without any major upsets or stories in general. They'll probably get home court advantage for playoffs. Not much here to add.
Record: 20-16 (4th in East)
Projected: 32-26 (3rd in East)
Key player: KG
Odds:1/15

Past #'s: #Revitalized
New #'s: #Revitalized

Orlando Magic

Another new user that joined and remained active. He started with two major trades, first he sent Dwight to NY, which he admitted was a mistake, then he sent Duhon to Milwaukee, which he will admit it was a mistake. They took a hit in the standings post trade #1, lets hope that they can remain in the playoff picture.
Record: 18-17 (6th in East)
Projected: 29-29 (7th in East)
Key player: Departed
Odds: 1/99

New #'s: #Fantasy #StanvanGundyballsAvatar

New York Knicks

The definition of fantasy basketball, the Knicks are poised for another great playoff run. They had a rough start, but few games and many trades later they are looking as a solid playoff team.
Record: 19-19 (8th in East)
Projected: 30-28 (6th in East)
Key player: Carmelo Anthony
Odds: 1/50

Past #'s: #AmaresKnees #FireDAntoni
New #'s: #Fantasy

Milwaukee Bucks

Pat Riley's playground. After the dubious Jackson for nothing in return trade to Toronto it was questionable whether they can remain an NBA team or will they slide over to D-league. But with latest 2 strikes it's clear that Bucks are here to stay and if they actually make any positive move in last :60 sec they might win a game here and there.
Record: 17-18 (10th in East)
Projected: 28-30 (9th in East)
Key player: Chris Duhon
Odds: 1/Duhon

Past #'s: #BucksWinBucksWin followed by #sike
New #'s: #DuhonDidItAgain #showstopper

Cleveland Cavaliers

After an early GM of the year candidature, Cavs have lost a step and went on a huge losing streak (eventually snapped vs Toronto). Are they on decline, are they back in playoff race, is Pau Gasol really in Cleveland, when will Dan Gilbert send a new letter, so many questions, so little answers...
Record: 15-19 (11th in East)
Projected: 27-31 (10th in East)
Key player: Kyrie Irving
Odds: 1/120

Past #'s: #WinARingWithoutTheKing #DanGilbertsLetters #Fantasy
New #'s: #FuckTradeDeadline #TradeCarousel #Vinc323

Toronto Raptors

The new GM.o.t.y. candidate. 2 mid-season trades turned another failed season into something meaningful. They are one of 4-5 teams that will fight for the 8th spot.
Record: 15-19 (12th in East)
Projected: 27-31 (11th in East)
Key player: Steve Nash
Odds: 1/yeahiamserious

Past #'s: #hope or #done
New #'s: #NashToCanada #hockey #goalie

Washington Wizards

They are just waiting for the season to end, and in meantime trying to adapt to ISBA style of play. Hope they last past this season.
Record: 12-25 (14th in East)
Projected: 23-35 (14th in East)
Key player: JohnWallball
Odds: 1/nonexistent

New #'s: #TheMacMan

Indiana Pacers

Maybe one of biggest disappointments of the season. Instead fighting for the last playoff spot they are on the bottom of the conference, "fighting" for the 1st draft pick with San Antonio. Hope that the next season will be a wind of change.
Record: 7-26 (15th in East)
Projected: 15-43 (15th in East)
Key player: Danny Granger
Odds: 1/nonexistent

Past #'s: #WeCanWinThis
New #'s: #WeCantWinThis #tanking

---------------------------------------

Let's throw a look for the individual end season award winner candidates:

MVP: LeBron, Bynum or Duhon
Rookie: Irving
DPOY: Dwight probably
Most improved player: have no f'n idea
6th man: same

Coach of the year: Paul or Justin
GM of the Year: Vince, Bryan, EDC, Paul

----------------------------------------

Here's how the season played out in our ESPN8 playoff machine

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap Nbaplayoffsbracketcopy

----------------------------------------
That's all for this time, tune in later today/tomorrow/whenever for Bryan's Draft Express mock draft

Thanks!

(and a big F'u to 2k sports for not having OA on nba2k.com)

Last edited by Bounce on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 am

This is great analysis.

I still have hope that NOLA, Milwaukee,and Cleveland make the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them missed but I'd be shocked if they all missed the playoffs.

Houston v Boston in the Finals lol

I'm surprised all the sim losses the Pacers have had. They have a nice roster. Sim engine has failed Simon there.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:50 am

#xlntwriteup
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:04 am

Rockets are a great CPU team. Martin, Lowry, Lee, TWill are all unstoppable when the game decides its time to bs and not miss anything.

And that playoff tree was simulated in game, I've just set the rosters to fit the OA ones. Crax and me voted both CPU.

#thanks
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:12 pm

lol @ 1/69 odds, nice touch
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:22 pm

great article. couple of LOL moments were:

@Paul
#LookAtMeThenLookAtAnte

@Craxiors
#MamaThereGoesAgainAnother3 #ffs

@Ante
#WhyIsPaulSoGood

I dont know if you're talking about me or CP3.. but either way, it's hilarious Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:26 pm

oh and the funniest of them all:

@the poll
NOH (just so Ante can vote for himself)

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap 24
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:31 pm

I meant you, not CP3. There's the "Rivalry" between you and Ante and it must eat him from inside that you are 3rd and he only 14th.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:39 pm

I was in 2nd place when I went to sleep last night. Clippers must've won another game

the west is too close. one loss can probably bring me back to 7th or 8th
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:00 pm

CP3 and Paul both laughing @ me...Great article brah4real... <3

Enough of talking from me, #inspired, #reborn, #seeyaoncourt
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:20 pm

LMFAO good shit Bounce. Loved it. I was actually wide awake and bored last night and was thinking of doing this, but then I got sleepy.
Back to top Go down
mulac

mulac

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Nice article Bounce. But I dont think trading duhon is a mistake.He was 3rd pg in my team and he had 0 mins per game after trade..especially that Monta also can play pg and there is Hedo.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:54 pm

After looking at the standings today I'm very worried about New Orleans. 14-20 right now and 4 games back of 8th. They pretty much need to go 15-9 the rest of the way to even make the playoffs. It's officially panic time.

#SaveusBJ
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm

#regardingDuhon
I know it's painful to admit it... I understand it fully... Laughing

in other news

Quote :
This recap will focus on those teams who actually have played a game so far and who have shown some dedication on this forum and in 2k12. That means that OKC and Miami won't be a part of this recap in a "human" form because they either lack commitment or will be cut soon anyways (*wink wink to Paul*).

Paul still ecstatic...
ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap Tumblr_lsfaeuqv2y1qdgmq7o1_500

Bryan wrote:
After looking at the standings today I'm very worried about New Orleans. 14-20 right now and 4 games back of 8th. They pretty much need to go 15-9 the rest of the way to even make the playoffs. It's officially panic time.

#SaveusBJ

In West I think that 50% might just cut it as 8th spot, exactly why I didn't put Ante in the top 8, he would need to go over 66% for the rest of season.

Last edited by Bounce on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank you for rooting...

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:59 pm

I have the Hornets in my Q again soon. smh

I'll get a front row seat to the desperate, try-hard BJ.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Just play your bench or kill him with 30+ 3pt attempts like you did vs me
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:02 pm

I think I'll put in my bench versus NOBJs
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 pm

23 three point attempts in a OT game and you're lucky I was missing so many because they were good looks.

Ante has my number on 2k12. I could rise up and beat him at his best on 2k10 and 2k11 but it's not happening this year.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm

sure they were, occasionally your player could see the backboard thanks to the hands that were in his face
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Matt Barnes earned his 1.4 mil salary in that game.

Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:14 pm

lovely analysis all around

(And I prob won't last past this season. Great analysis there IMO)
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Leroy wrote:
lovely analysis all around

(And I prob won't last past this season. Great analysis there IMO)

You haven't given OA a fair chance yet. You took over a crappy team midseason. Give it an offseason and a couple months into the next season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISBA Reboot All-Star break recap
Page 1 of 1