ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ISBA Reboot preview

Go down 
+5
Ante
Goldielox
El-Divin-Codin
Paul
Bounce
9 posters

Your fav to win the title
MEM
ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_lcap14%ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
NOH
 14% [ 1 ]
LA
ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_lcap29%ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
GSW
ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_lcap0%ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
BOS
ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_lcap0%ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
NY
ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_lcap29%ISBA Reboot preview I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
other
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Bounce

Bounce

ISBA Reboot preview Empty
PostSubject: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:59 pm

With the todays start of ISBA Reboot this is the optimal time to preview the first season and human teams through a brief team by team rundown and some projected standings and stuff. There are 14 human teams spread equally in both conferences. Western Conference seems to be the "human-friendly" conference with only Oklahoma City and Dallas being CPU, of better teams. East, once again seems to be a CPU conference with Miami, Chicago, Orlando and "preseasons" surprise team the New Jersey Nets all computer controlled. Let's hope for a good first season, with many great games, and few to none inactive users.

Due to lack of time I tried to cover all the teams with a line or two about their season, their projected standings, key player(-s), their odds to win the title in season 2011/2012, and as we live in Social media time, hashtags (#) that people will rock on Twitter when talking about that team in particular (more or less, every time a team trends worldwide, it's gonna be because of these #'s only).

Dont worry...

ISBA Reboot preview 87779845
Note: this preview is based on several factors like roster quality, coach history, ability and what not. If you disagree with it then go F' yourself and write your own preview. Happy holidays!

Lets start with West!

ISBA Reboot preview Nbawesternconferencepla

Memphis Grizzlies

Memphis is a tough video game team. Add the coachs quality and you get a title contender. Longterm they are set for years to come.

Standings: 37-21 (3rd in West)
Key Player: Zach Randolph
Odds: 1/14

#Bearhug

New Orleans Hornets

Hornets seem like they lost a lot, but in fact instead of being a one man band they actually have several go-to-guys now. I bet that they'll have a smooth transition, and if they get a somewhat decent point guard, Paul will become an afterthought for their (slim) fanbase. Much like Baron. Baron who? Exactly...

Standings: 36-22 (4th in West)
Key player: Air Gordon
Odds: 1/10

#FreeTickets #Basketball reasons

Golden State Warriors

Warriors are a dark horse for the next season. They have a high octane offense and if they click there's no stopping the Run DMC 2.0 (David, Monta, Curry). A trade away from success.

Standings: 34-24 (6th in West)
Key player: Stephen Curry
Odds: 1/30

#MamaThereGoesAnother3

Los Angeles Lakers

Following their preseason title, the Lakers are looking to win all it when it actually matters. Lack of a decent Point Guard and Odoms departure shrink their chances, and age of players on roster points that they have to win it now or the chance might be gone. Hopefully the constant trade talks won't hurt the already damaged chemistry.

Standings: 33-25 (7th in West)
Key player: Kobe Bryant
Odds: 1/24

#Divorce #LOLcity

Utah Jazz

Jazz aren't in main focus, but they still have an above average team coached by an above average coach. With newly discovered cap space, they might contend within a season or two. At this moment they are a team on the bubble.

Standings: 32-26 (8th in the West)
Key players: Hayward and Favors
Odds: 1/85

#BlackJerrySloan

San Antonio Spurs

Spurs are on last legs atm. They'll need a complete overhaul or playoff berths will become a thing of past. Duncan doesn't have much left in him, and Manu is in a similar spot. This season might be the last in Tim Duncan era, and even then I don't see them in the playoffs. Sorry, but Western Conference is stacked.

Standings: 29-29 (9th in the West)
Key player: Manu Ginobilli
Odds: 1/90

#ThankYouForMemories

Portland Trail Blazers

Portland is also among the teams that will see a great fall. No more videogame overrated Brandon Roy-crutch and (finally) a toned down Greg Oden will do that. They still have several trade baits and the current state might turn around within a matter of 2-3 trades.

Standings: 26-32 (12th in the West)
Key player: LaMarcus Aldridge
Odds: 1/95

#Cursed

Now East...

ISBA Reboot preview Nbaeasternconferencepla

Boston Celtics

Celtics are another of those teams whose window closes after this season. It depends whether they'll play it out with current roster or will Danny Ainge pull some trades by February. Either way, they are still good enough to get the home court advantage in the playoffs.

Standings: 33-25 (3th in East)
Key player: Rajon Rondo
Odds: 1/20

#Revitalized

New York Knicks

NY finally has a nice team, with only a huge hole in the backcourt behind Amar'e and Tyson. They'll be on the brink of gaining a home court advantage if they get some chemistry in a team with several black holes.

Standings: 31-27 (6th in the East)
Key player: Carmelo Anthony
Odds: 1/35

#AmaresKnees #FireDAntoni

Indiana Pacers

A team destined for greatness with the brightest future of all. This season might be too much too soon, but there's no doubt that they might surprise and play a big role in playoffs this season.

Standings: 28-30 (8th in East)
Key Player: Roy Hibbert
Odds: 1/95

#WeCanWinThis

Cleveland Cavaliers

Cavs have all tools needed to be the most pleasant surprise, a young star in making, quality role players, picks and some intriguing trade bait contracts. With a strategical coach/GM mastermind like theirs no one should rule out a low playoff spot and possibly the Cavs-LeBron matchup.

Standings: 26-32 (9th in East)
Key player: Kyrie Irving
Odds: 1/175

#WinARingWithoutTheKing #DanGilbertsLetters

Atlanta Hawks

Atlanta seem to have lost some steam when their best result was reaching 2nd round of playoffs. They have a new unproven coach (?!) and a team that has no real leader and Joe Johnsons ridiculous contract, even though he's already declining as a player.

Standings: 25-33 (10th in East)
Key player: still Joe Johnson
Odds: 1/125

#TheWayBack

Milwaukee Bucks

Bucks should be happy if they can even reach the projected 25 wins. The main players are either butchered by injuries, immaturity or they are just overrated (Bogut, Jennings and Jackson respectively). The definition of the word mediocrity... unless "Pat Riley" comes back, and finds another Duhon-like gem.

Standings: 25-33 (11th in East)
Key player: Carlos Delfino
Odds: 1/125

#BucksWinBucksWin followed by #sike

Toronto Raptors

Toronto has to hope that they can get better through free-agency, trades and especially future drafts. The current roster list is painful to look at with only Derozan and Ed Davis as potential good NBA players.

Standings: 19-39 (14th in East)
Key player: Andrea Bargnani
Odds: 1/LOLareYouSerious

#hope or #done

And here are the full projected standings

Western Conference Eastern Conference
1) OKC 1) MIA
2) DAL 2) CHI
3) MEM 3) BOS
4) NOH 4) ORL
5) LAC 5) NJ
6) GSW 6) NY
7) LAL 7) PHI
8 ) UTAH 8 ) IND
9) SAS 9) CLE
10) SAC 10) ATL
11) HOU 11) MIL
12) POR 12) WAS
13) DEN 13) DET
14) PHX 14) TOR
15) MIN 15) CHA

Thanks!
Dedicated to/In memory of: ISBA_Bryan

Last edited by Bounce on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:05 pm

wow, nicely done Bounce.

great read
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Paul wrote:
wow, nicely done Bounce.

great read
thanks, wish I had more time to go more in-depth but with Christmas and stuff... I guess it's better than nothing

btw. I voted you, to avoid the questions in 1 month or 2 when you win it again Cool
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Nice read. Love the off game effort that is put into this league by some people.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:22 pm

lovely
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Lovely, the standings are realistic, I just think the Bucks will be a contender and Dallas slides down...

Odds: 1/LOLareYouSerious
#Divorce #LOLcity

LOL

Anyhow, NOLA vs LAC playoffs? BRING IT ON, love it #emotional...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Bucks arent that good, last year decreased my usually two best players, Bogut has no shooting ability, still to score anything but dunks and Delfino had some concussions or sth and is like 65 rated. Im terrible with Jackson.

I put Dallas 2nd because they won the title in my simulated association by trashing the league with 68-14 and 16-3 in playoffs. IMO they are a scary CPU team, as their ratings are last years not yesterdays Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:13 pm

The Cavs will make the playoffs. #believe

Otherwise I agree with a lot of the final standings. CPU Portland could surprise. Never count Greg Oden out on 2k. Knicks will probably finish top 3 in East.

Great preview. Most unique thing we've ever had.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:19 pm

King Kong is Portland, thats why I covered them.
Back to top Go down
Simon

Simon

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:18 pm

nicely done..
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:28 pm

hmmmm I just played EDC for the first time today. Good game. He's gonna be good w/ NYK just like Justin.

good preview Bouncy.
Back to top Go down
Luka

Luka

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Props for the work put in.

8th seed seems like a realistic position for my team...
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Bounce wrote:
Bucks arent that good, last year decreased my usually two best players, Bogut has no shooting ability, still to score anything but dunks and Delfino had some concussions or sth and is like 65 rated. Im terrible with Jackson.

I put Dallas 2nd because they won the title in my simulated association by trashing the league with 68-14 and 16-3 in playoffs. IMO they are a scary CPU team, as their ratings are last years not yesterdays Very Happy

Yeah 2k sux big time...
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:02 am

3-3 already. yeah you might be right bounce Smile
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 am

I know I'm right, but how did you manage to ply 6 games in a night? If you could you'd finish all 58 in a week? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Oh my God how off were my predictions here. I truly overvalued human quality, but that was mostly because I thought that the CPU was easier after the patch and (somewhat) reduced up and unders. Trades also didn't help much, even though everyone who had a good roster still has it and Vince only made a medicore team look better. I hope that Jax will help Toronto in some fashion.
I'll try and make a season recap and predictions around the All Star break, that will be around 35 games into season and with trade deadline soon afterwards it should be easier to predict how things will play out. Stay tuned.

(Off the record: "Weight watchers are a scam and Hawks have only nice guys on roster." - sir Barkley)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Reboot preview   ISBA Reboot preview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISBA Reboot preview
Page 1 of 1