ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-November 14th

Go down 
+3
Paul
Vince
Bryan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-November 14th Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Weekly Roundtable-November 14th Nba2k_13

Hello again friends and welcome to this installment of Weekly Roundtable. We're roughly 7-10 real days away from the regular season ending so the playoff buzz is almost here. Some humans are on the bubble right now so hopefully they can all make it. Joining me today are a pair of beautiful Croatian souls. League commish and CP3 try hard, Mr. Ante Stern and Wizards coach and controversial figure, Hrvoje. Let's get to the topics for this
week gentlemen, shall we?

Weekly Roundtable-November 14th Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRha-sXUiNF9cAIHft10UdEBkiHFPRNcsQkZMsEKYTMxkXJDAngbimXQjbdGA
The roundtable trio hitting the beach

1. With the regular season days away from ending, give me some of your award winner predictions

Hrvoje: MVP is Paul for sure taken the team standings and player stats in mind (and the level of abuse) Defensive player is kinda tough to call as no one really sticks out. I'll go with Josh Smith and his inside/outside def. presence, rebounding and scary blocks, he's the complete package. ROY is the little fella from GS, pardon me for not knowing his name. 6th man is definitely JR Smith. And most improved is Jeff Green, the main reason Bucks lead the East. 1ST ISBA team is: Paul - Curry - Gay - Amar'e - Al Jefferson. Coach/GM of the year is either CPU (Bucks) or V1NC23 (Blazers).

Ante: MVP: Chris Paul no doubt 20ppg 8.2apg 4spg 3.8 rpg 48%FG 38% 3P and most important, his efficiency on top of the league with 22.7 and his estimated wins added (HE WINS GAMES) at amazing 3.7
DPOY: Emeka Okafor, Josh Smith, Greg Oden, Jermaine O'neal, Andrew Bogut, but I'll go with Emeka, he's the anchor of the no.2 defense in ISBA right now and the no.1 team in the western conference
6th man: Jr Smith
Rookie: Rubio
Most improved: May I say Jr Smith again? The guy has been balling like a Laker.
Coach of the year: Vince (won't vote myself, too rude and immature)
Executive of the year: Vince

Bryan: I agree with many of the things you both said. For MVP I feel like Al Jefferson or CP3. 6th man has to be JR Smith. Most improved would probably be Greg Oden because he can't play in real life but somehow he's a good center on this game. Rookie of the year is either the kid from Miami (Eastern conference rookie of the month each time) or that Riley kid from Golden State. Rubio started too slow but he has turned it on of late. Coach of the year would be Ante. New Orleans isn't a very good team outside of CP3. I agree about Vince being GM of the year. If there was an award for worst GM of the year it would be Paul. The mishandling of the PG position and his awful trade ideas are the reason.

2. The Lakers are surging, will they make the playoffs? If so, how far do they go?

Bryan: I hope they make it but Utah keeps winning and the Lakers have a tough schedule remaining. A big key for Paul is to make sure he's able to get those human games played against Golden State, Knicks, and Heat. He'll go 3-0 if the games are played IMO but probably 1-2 if they get simmed. If he can get it I know he can beat Ante and the Hornets. I would love to see it. Paul and the Lakers are playing very well right now though.

Hrvoje: I think they will just make it by a win or two and will either be 7th or 8th depending how LA-Denver-Utah triangle plays out in the remaining 10 games. If they meet NoH in round 1, I wouldn't rule out a surprise, and LA in rd 2. I doubt they can go over any other CPU or human team other than the Hornets. A below average season knowing their history.

Ante: They will make it. Kobe is in a "give me the ball and I'll hog and deliver mode" and I like it. I assume if they go with the 8th seed and face New Orleans, they're in a epic series losing 2 to 1. If they go with 7th seed they go to the western conference finals, facing New Orleans and losing 2 to 1.

3. Jeebs takes the Miami Heat for his comeback....any problem with that? If he wins it all will you respect it?

Ante: I don't have a problem. If he wins it I don't have a problem it. It would be fair and square in my book.

Hrvoje: I'm still waiting to witness with my own two eyes that he played a couple games, not counting the phanton CPU games. The fact that my friend request after 5 days still isn't accepted, leaves some doubt in my mind and questions the real commitment on his part. Until I'm sure that he actually plays I'm not willing to speculate his eventual title win and what not.

Bryan: I think Hrvoje has it right here. I still don't trust his commitment to the OA. The real test will be this week because he has Justin and Paul in his Q. Two games that have zero excuse not to be played. I think it's a little cheap that he took the Heat but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. My hope is Jeebs gets his act together and has a long run with us.

4. Thoughts on the rumors of EDC possibly stepping down from Boston.

Ante: I think it's clear, the guy wants out because of 2K bs and I respect it. Everyone thought of doing it but we love this community so much and we won't let go, so stick here and play. We lose a good coach but we'll hopefully find some good new ones.

Bryan: I'm disappointed in his decision. Nobody and I repeat NOBODY hates this game more than me but I'm sticking it out. The timing is the thing I didn't like. At least stay through the playoffs. EDC is a good man and embodied exactly what is needed out of a good coach. He was active on the forums and he played games. Its a significant loss and hopefully he comes back.

Hrvoje: Whatever.
(and the politically correct answer: Oh no, hope he stays, such a great and fun loving member...)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank my panel for their efforts this week. Even Hrvoje after that harsh answer to the final topic. You guys did great and the 7 other active coaches in this OA appreciate it too. I keep holding out hope that NBA2k will launch but it still hasn't. Maybe next time, etc.

Until then, stay safe and help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

Good night everybody

Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm

yes!! GM of the Year!! wooooo!
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:27 pm

We've had a lot of inactive coaches that were immedietly booted.. I think Ante has double standards for Jeebs IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Paul wrote:
We've had a lot of inactive coaches that were immedietly booted.. I think Ante has double standards for Jeebs IMHO.

Weekly Roundtable-November 14th David_stern
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:30 pm

And you forgot to mention Dallas in my remaining opponents. Dont count out Salbahe just yet. Dirk is automatic in this game..
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:35 pm

He almost beat me...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Ante wrote:
He almost beat me...

wow, for real?? He must be great then

/troll/
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Bryan wrote:
I'm disappointed in his decision. Nobody and I repeat NOBODY hates this game more than me but I'm sticking it out.

I'd have to disagree with this.. I don't think anyone thought about leaving and complained about this game this year as much as I did. lol
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Yes, check my team franchise page, I put an article about it Rolling Eyes ...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:43 pm

lolMavs, I beat them

#andnotlikethatmattersanyways
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 pm

a question I would like to see answered on the next roundtable is:

"with so many coaches dropping like flies and veterans who are sticking around for the sake of the league but losing patience about the CPU and DC bs, do you think we'll last another season after this one?"

*or should we have a thread with a poll for this question once the playoffs start?
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:00 pm

if that patch doesn't fix shit i'm out
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Unless there's a patch to fix cpu playstyle I doubt I can last another season with the same crap. Every game's the same, their PG becomes vintage Iverson and goes inside. If only they would show some variety or sth... It makes me mad that Im stuck with this crappy team in first place and on top of that CPU is playing in the cheapest way possible. I have no server complaints, had only 1 dc.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Yeah same here. I have no problems with the servers but more of the CPU bs. You don't have to be stuck with that "crappy" team IMO. maybe you can quit in Washington after this season and look for a coaching job else where. Maybe you can go to OKC.. Or possibly Miami might be hiring soon. Lol

*if you don't mind using another PSN account
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:27 pm

i might try philly if nothing changes, you can't control your team versus cpu anyhow so theres no diference what your team is
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:28 pm

I might need 3-4 weeks to change account and join as BounceWithMe, it seems to be a slow process. Smile

I think that the team wouldnt matter that much when there are "Pooh Jeter's" or "Darren Collison's" of this league going inside and pump fake the shit of my team. Is it because of the all star difficulty that the CPU is so stupid or what?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:44 am

Bounce wrote:
I might need 3-4 weeks to change account and join as BounceWithMe, it seems to be a slow process. Smile

I think that the team wouldnt matter that much when there are "Pooh Jeter's" or "Darren Collison's" of this league going inside and pump fake the shit of my team. Is it because of the all star difficulty that the CPU is so stupid or what?

the cpu was too legit to quit on superstar level too in the brief time before we restarted the OA
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 am

Superstar = 70% FG that's a NO NO...

I will say it again, if we could change the sliders we wouldn't be complaining right now about the CPU, but I still think that we could beat them 60-70% of the time, yeah they pumpfake, but I think we humans when we see the pump fake up and under layup by Earl Boykins, we emotionally break down even though we're winning by 10 and lose the game...So I just say yeah whatever and shoot the three with Gallinari Laughing ...

On pro they're fair, but I don't want to restart again smh...

Y'all should vote for pro and play offline vs default pro etc...

I'm in for pro, but I would like to see season 2 of this association, but if y'all want pro then yeah I'm in...

Or we should get Rolling Eyes 30 humans hahahaha impossible, utopia...

Last edited by Ante on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:18 am

Solution: (agree or disagree)

We WILL have a season, just we need to work something out...

So we finish this season, we see how we develop vs cpu, if we all get frustrated, then

we will start a new season, new teams, but

pro cpu, that seems too fine...I think on the human side we won't have too many problems as we had for all star cpu, heck we won't have any problems, except Dex shooting it 55%, well he does it on HOF too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 am

All,

I have rejoined here at site as this ID... the PSN is the same = BadBoys899004

Sorry for the holdup fellas
Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:33 am

I made the round table. Nice..lol
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:41 am

BadBoys899004 wrote:
All,

I have rejoined here at site as this ID... the PSN is the same = BadBoys899004

Sorry for the holdup fellas

KingKongSuh? Wait why do you keep making new names? I don't get it..
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Ante wrote:
Solution: (agree or disagree)

We WILL have a season, just we need to work something out...

So we finish this season, we see how we develop vs cpu, if we all get frustrated, then

we will start a new season, new teams, but

pro cpu, that seems too fine...I think on the human side we won't have too many problems as we had for all star cpu, heck we won't have any problems, except Dex shooting it 55%, well he does it on HOF too...

Are you sure user games with Pro wouldn't suck? They borderline do with all star. I keep going back and forth on this but I kinda wish we were starting a new OA. I really want to take over a crappy team like the Raptors or something. Guess we'll see when the patch comes out what we want to do.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:28 pm

pro? are you serious?

this game has hit rock bottom if we go pro.

smh
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Paul wrote:
pro? are you serious?

this game has hit rock bottom if we go pro.

smh

Yes try a game, it's fucking awesome...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-November 14th   Weekly Roundtable-November 14th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-November 14th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next