ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ISBA The Revamp discussion

Go down 
+12
Leroy
NYKIA31
Simon
Vince
Luka
Ante
Bryan
mulac
El-Divin-Codin
Paul
Goldielox
Bounce
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bounce

Bounce

ISBA The Revamp discussion Empty
PostSubject: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 am

To move away from the clusterfuck the ISBA Reboot topic has become here's a new thread to decide on few things that need to be decided (genius line).

ISBA Reboot had a lot of things very well done but some issues weren't addressed before it started or while it was running.

1) Format of play

- I think we are settled with All Star level and 58 game schedule. Difficulty is probably the best we can get with limited options (as Pro diff. would end up with 65%+ FG's in most human games, it's just what it is, and Superstar is tough to play against CPU) or at least the least evil of 3 difficulties.
- 58 game schedule also seems to work well as you get to play everyone twice, and leaves room for simming games.
- 7 Minutes Q's result in low scoring games, bad looking stats and decrease the importance of having a proper bench as you can play it with 7-8 players tops. IMO we should return to 8 mins, those were optimal, not too short, not too long taken in mind the number of games to be played. Anything over 8 min is more suited for 29 game schedule as those games could last for an hour (7min = around 35 min, 8 min = 40-45 min) and CPU could exploit lack of concentration that comes with longer games (9+min)

Difficulty? Number of Games? Length of quarters?

2) Trade restrictions

- The Human-CPU veto committee was a great inovation, but a lot was left out with no restrictions to number or trades or anything involving Human-Human trades.

My suggestions to fix the #fantasyfrenzy would be (either option or more combined):
a) limit number of trades a team can make to 3 per season
b) limit each team with allowing to trade up to 5 (6) players off the default roster
c) have a human-human trade veto committee

3) Pointing out that this would be the final reboot and that by starting soon we could still play 3 seasons before May (the period when 2k games have a final activity boom with playoffs on going and before it all dies sometime in June)

4) Choosing teams:

Don't be afraid to go with a bit better team, as top NBA CPU controlled teams were unbeatable if you had Washington, Milwaukee, New Orleans, etc... which led to a lot of frustrations and ultimately to this #rereboot.

-------------------

Give thought, opinions, new suggestions, etc... as these rules are gonna (probably) stick for the remainder of the ISBA OA on 2K12.

Also I doubt that OA tab on NBA2k.com will work anytime soon and it would seem like a waste of time too wait for something that 2k mentioned in one tweet over last 3 months. And even if it starts to work it would be a fair assumption that already running association would be implemented without restart needed.

-------------------

I'm not taking away anything from Vince, just opened the topic due to time zones alignment without having to wait for another 6+ hours until he wakes up or whatever the time difference is.

-------------------

Also feel free to mention what teams you would like so we can have a list and avoid the NYK situation...

-------------------

Vince: Miami
Paul: LA Lakers
Dr.TryHard: LA Clippers
Bryan: Dallas
Goldie: Philly
Justin:
Bounce: Portland
KIA:
Luka:
Codin: Brooklyn
KJ:
Simon: Memphis
Mulac:
Leroy: Oklahoma City
Kong:
Steelersack:
Reese:
Jeebs:
Pacers32:

Last edited by Bounce on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:36 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 am

my picks:
Allstar, 58gms, 8min
3 trade limit, Hum-Hum Veto committee

Blazers
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 am

all star, 9 mins
Philly
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 am

All star. 58 games. 7 min
No limit. With human-human veto
TWolves
or maybe Lakers again
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 am

82 games 10 mins allstar
Brooklyn Nets
6 players trade limit per season, hum hum veto (as in voting on a trade not secretly vetoing it)
Back to top Go down
mulac

mulac

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:00 am

58 games,8 mins
2 trades per season..hum hum veto.

Sixers and wolves taken..so im just gnna wait for everyone to decide and pick last.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 am

all-star, 8 min Qs, 58 games
-3 trades per season max (you can make 4 if one of them is a pre-determined 3 team trade)
-no human v human trade approval needed, just CPU v human trades
-Orlando or Dallas
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Paul wrote:
All star. 58 games. 7 min
No limit. With human-human veto
TWolves
or maybe Lakers again
If you use La, I'll use Clippers Very Happy Very Happy

Hehe I want to make an epic rivalry...

All star
58 games
8 min
3 trades limit, no human human vetoing, cpu vetoing= yes
If Paul uses LAL, I use Clippers...
Back to top Go down
Luka

Luka

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm

All-Star, 8 min, 58 games
3 trades per season, hum-hum veto

Have no idea which team to pick, and I'm pretty reluctant to try rebuilding (again) after both OAs dropped after one season. Give me a day or two to choose.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Not cp3 again, you won't be able to lose with that roster, at least versus human players.
#dodgemode
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Well I was 11-5 with NOLA roster without CP3 vs humans + when you add I have 4 human games left to play hmmmm...lol...
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Ante wrote:
Well I was 11-5 with NOLA roster without CP3 vs humans + when you add I have 4 human games left to play hmmmm...lol...
thats what i'm saying Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:50 pm

If not Clippers, he wants Celtics or Bulls. He wants redemption from this season. Lol
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Nah if not them, then Denver or Spurs...
It's much easier to play with
Celtics and Bulls in this game than Clippers, and especially Denver/Spurs...
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

I say take the Heat, if you going all the way might as well use the ultimate cheese team, trade lebrick for cp3 or something
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I hate the Heat...

I wouldn't take them...

Is Denver or San Antonio fair to you brah?

Sas vs LAL is fine too...

I can't imagine you Paul with TWolves, you should stick with LA and make 3 trades and bring Shannon Brown back lol...

Bryan you should use your homestate Mavs...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Just go for the Clippers if you want them Ante. If you will go undefeated so be it (I highly doubt it though).
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm

I love my LA team now on rerereboot. Now that there is a trade limit, not sure if I can make this team again. so I might take a different team instead
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Take whoever Ante, there are no restrictions
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:21 pm

El-Divin-Codin wrote:
Just go for the Clippers if you want them Ante. If you will go undefeated so be it (I highly doubt it though).

Undefeated is impossible...

However Paul, but playing you when you use the Lakers is something special, as I said it in the HOF speech...

I don't know yet,

so far:
1.Spurs
2.Denver
3.Clippers

If Paul uses LA, I'll use Clippers or Spurs...

If not I'll go with Denver or maybe San Antonio...

You could make a nice LA team again with three trades...
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 pm

I still don't know why we have to rererererererereboot
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Me too...
Inflated stats IMO and we sucking vs CPU

But I see people sucking vs CPU with Nets, Twolves etc...
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 pm

don't base your decision on mine IMO
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 pm

I still need to think and make a final decision...
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 pm

wait, Vince is staying in Cleveland?

would you do the Pau trade again Vince? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISBA The Revamp discussion   ISBA The Revamp discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISBA The Revamp discussion
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next