ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bounce

Bounce

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Empty
PostSubject: ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 pm

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap 6927d0fc4e6df4d12e1d3c0bc9055418
Remember these? A nod to history.

With the All-Star weekend festivities right around the corner it's time to take another look at the ISBA The Revamp #rereboot season so far, analyze some things and make new predictions for the remainder of the season. After the "critically acclaimed season preview" (Bryan H., ESPN8 the Ocho) lets break down the season so far.

Now after I copy pasted the intro part from last season recap Laughing, time to get a bit serious. Not really. This time the season recap is gonna be a little bit different, because it would get boring to do the same thing 4 times in a row (Reboot preview & recap, Revamp preview). Also there are so many coach changes and new players arriving and leaving so it's impossible to recap someone who just joined and might leave tomorrow (I didn't even bother to add anyone on PSN). And most importantly, I wanted to introduce Bryan as my wingman/ESPN insider... for free. You won't need to buy the ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 membership to witness his words, he'll do it for free!

General introduction recapping needed (from season preview):
Quote :
...you people really ... value my spot-on correct final standings. Projected standings were so precise in past that it caused people to quit ... team was predicted outside of a playoff spot .... Some quit because their team was projected high ... handle the pressure, the fear of not living up to expectations ... while some didn't show any kind of commitment and were relieved of duty
... some of you will quit for one of the above-mentioned reasons.
Oh look the Preview curse strikes again. Bye Kia, bye EDC, bye 17 new members. Be warned in advance that once you read the recap, you might get an anxiety attack or sth, I'm not responsible for you quitting in any form, neither is Bryan.

Bryan will offer his expertise and instead of valuating teams individually they will be judged together with teams in similar to them. Teams will be placed in groups and all (or a majority) of them will be discussed in some form or way. They might be separated by conferences and/or divisions. Unless you re slow you will catchup pretty fast as you proceed to read the recap. Also a somewhat thank you to 2K Sports for opening the OA tab, even though it sucks.

As always:

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap 46782755
Note: this preview/recap is based on several factors like roster quality, coach history, ability and what not. If you disagree with it then go F' yourself and write your own preview. Happy holidays!

A look back:
After the failure of #reboot it looks like we have successfully implemented some new rules. There were some troublemakers but the #NOTOFANTASY motto stood still, and people are more or less accepting the new state of league. For now all the big issues are CPU related, but even that is toned down in comp. to last season. In other news we saw Paul staying in LA, Ante jumping on the bandwagon, numerous people jumping to Western Conference. We didn't see Justin, still didn't witness Luka, we met some new friends. All in all the season seems to run smoothly. However, it's a shame that we had to wait until late January to start playing. #Fuck2K

Here are the standings:

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Westop

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Ec1
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Scaled.php?server=20&filename=dives

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap 55351495

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Wc1
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Scaled.php?server=27&filename=divwe

Before we start with the team analysis, a quick question for the ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50:
Is any knowledge of the real NBA required prior to applying for a job @ESPN? - Have you seen Bruce Bowen breakdown games? That should answer your question. He should take his bow ties and find a new profession.

Lets go on with the first group (not exactly from worst to best, but it follows that routine more or less):

#1stPick
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Westop ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Raptors_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Magic_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Bobcats_small
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap 55351495 ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Kings_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Timberwolves_small
They weren't really high on luck throughout the season, and at this point the best thing for them would be to swallow pride (if there's any left... after all) and try to get (even) worse and hope to land the top overall pick in this years draft. Most of them have a good cap situation for the upcoming free agency Summer, and they could use that to climb up the ladder.

Best chance to make it to playoffs next season: Sacramento Kings
Best chance to don't improve a single win: Orlando Magic

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 tip for the teams: - Toronto needs to get a legit center and move Bargs to PF. Other than that, just be patient with DeRozan and Ed Davis in their development. Roland Welsch from Michigan State is probably the best center in the draft. He'd be worth a look. Charlotte needs to stop trying to rip off trade finder. Orlando likely should have dealt Howard but since he didn't just keep building around him. Upgrade the SG spot or trade Hedo. Sacramento has a lot of cap space and they need a star desperately. They have a good young core but nobody you can lean on when times get tough. Minnesota should move Wesley Johnson in the offseason since Beasley signed his extension. Package him and upgrade the center spot or get another shooter or lockdown defender at SG.
#1 Draft pick: - Iancu Filimon, 6'7 wing player from Romania is the best player in this draft.

#Don'tQuit
#BumTeams
#CapRelief
#Hayesanity

#InTheLottery
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap 55351495 ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Rockets_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Grizzlies_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Hornets_small
Three teams with completely different starting positions and expectations. Hornets are a terrible team thanks to David Stern and they did well taken in mind everything they went through (the Magic trade f.e.). If they were an East team they could easily make the playoffs. Grizzlies came quietly into season and remained low-profile throughout it. One of the noticeable moments they had would be the OJ Mayo - Jamal Crawford trade, but even then they were mentioned by others out of sheer frustration. Speaking of frustration, Houston Rockets played way under any expectations anyone had for them, and then to make things even more bad they traded their best player Kevin Martin and center Sammy Dalembert for Al Jefferson even though they already had a player with exact same qualities as Al, in Luis Scola. This all led to new frustrations before their coach quit on first excuse that popped up.

Chances that Hornets fold:>85%

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 on the biggest disappointment: - Houston is the biggest disappointment they had a human coach bail on them and they are towards the bottom of the standings. Double whammy. Trading for Al Jefferson was a nice idea though.

#Stern
#fantasy
#CapCard

#OnTheBubble
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Westop ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Wizards_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Cavaliers_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Bucks_small
A group of teams stuck between a playoff spot and total crappyness. Just like last season in #reboot there's 4-5 teams stuck around .400. History taught us that a team that can reach 25-26 wins will be in playoffs. Wonder if any of them will make it.

Chance of getting one playoff spot: 35%
Chances that one team folds: 45%

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 on these 3 teams: - Washington needs to make a trade. Too many misfits on that team. Keep Wall and continue building around him. Possibly dump Rashard Lewis next year and get out of that contract. I don't see them as any factor in the playoffs. I could see the Bucks making a run so making the playoffs would be beneficial to them. Especially with Jennings' future unsettled. Cavs need to stay patient with the young guys. That fan base would love to get into the playoffs.

#VintageReboot
#CinderellaStory
#CPU

#Crax
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Westop ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap 76ers_small
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Scaled.php?server=515&filename=55351495 ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Warriors_small
An unique situation as Goldielox Dexter "Crax" Arthur controls two teams at the same time, the Sixers and Warriors, often dubbed as Craxers and Craxiors. He started the season with Philly, then quit 20 games into season, and returned 24h later as the coach of both above-mentioned teams, all while introducing one of the worst PSN names in Yes_1_am_a_n00b or sth similar.
His boy-toy Nate left for Dallas before the GSW takeover. But the Sixers made the steal of the season with getting Paul "The Future" George for Evan Turner.
Both teams are currently fighting for the 8th spot, only in different conditions thanks to conference power disproportions. It remains to see how successful can he be with 2 teams.

Both teams making the playoffs: 33%

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 which team has the greater chance to make the playoffs: - GSW simply because he has more experience with that roster but I don't like the idea of him controlling two teams.
Whether Crax will last with 2 teams: - He'll likely control both as long as he's allowed to. He's mostly playing human games and ignoring CPU games so he won't burn out. But again, I think he should stick with the team he chose (Philly) and forget it.

#TheFuture
#TheCraxEffect
#TheDexterArthurRule
#ffs
#NOTOFANTASY_Chairman
#ThePeoplesChampion

#AlmostThere
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Westop ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Nets_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Pistons_small
Detroit and New Jersey seem to have taken advantage of some struggles other teams are going through. While Cleveland & Washington are rebuilding, Philadelphia is lost, and Milwaukee already fears Jennings' 2014. "Decision", these two sneaked into playoffs spots. They obviously lack talent and quality, and the upcoming playoff appearance will just put pink glasses on these two teams and hide the real issues they have.

Chances of making past first round: Pistons 10%, Nets 25%

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 what to expect from them in playoffs: - They are easy opponents for whomever draws them in round 1. A glorified bye.

#CPU
#sucks
#donkey
#balls

#WildWest
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Scaled.php?server=515&filename=55351495 ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Suns_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Trail_blazers_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Nuggets_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Jazz_small
One of the main stories this season: the stacked Western Conference. Last season 28 wins in West was enough for the 8th spot. At this moment, being 5 wins over .500 means you are 9th. There seems no clear favorite at this moment, Denver started 12-3, then went 12-9, and are currently again on a high. Utah surprisingly played great all season, Suns are a human nightmare. Portland started steady, then won 14 of next 18, and now again lost 5 in a row. With roughly 20 games left there's still room for all kind of runs, stories, declines and everything imaginable to happen

Chances that 4 of NW division teams make the playoffs: 45%

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 # of wins for 8th spot: - Right now it's looking like 32-33 wins will be necessary. Absolutely crazy what's going on there but it's happened in real life too.
Can any of the teams mess up plans for the big boys: - I respect the Suns CPU so I could see them winning a series. I certainly wouldn't want to face them. Portland can absolutely win it all.
Will Steve Nash retire? - I think Nash plays 1 more year. Hopefully he gets on a contender.

#CPU_Godlike
#ffs
#NeverSeenBefore

#HomeCourtAdvantage
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Scaled.php?server=515&filename=55351495 ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Mavericks_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Spurs_small
Another intriguing story unfolds in the South-Western division. The division winner gets a top 4 spot and homecourt advantage for the 1st round of playoffs. This is where the interesting part starts. Neither team would be anything other than a 7th or 8th seed if we would look at team records.
Spurs have the edge atm, as they really took off since becoming a CPU team. Mavs started slowly and struggled before they found their game. They even reached for Nate Robinson, but it was proven that Jason Kidd is the key and that midgets can only rest him for a few minutes.
Recently Mavs won 8 of their 10 games, and are coming for that 4th playoff spot.

Chances to win the division: Spurs 60% - Mavs 40%

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 Can you catch the Spurs? - I can absolutely catch them. It's my main focus at this juncture of all junctures. (I love you, Elpresador)
Team that finishes 2nd in SW division will miss the playoffs? - That is correct. This is a 1 bid division.
Will Jason Kidd retire? - Kidd won't accept any of my extension offers so I'm thinking he's done. I've made REALLY good offers to him too.

#playoffsformat
#OldGuys
#Battle:Texas

#DivisionChampion
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Westop ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Pacers_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Heat_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Celtics_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Knicks_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Hawks_small
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Scaled.php?server=515&filename=55351495 ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Thunder_small
Fight for 2nd-4th spot really has no clear name that sticks out. Five teams fight for 3 spots. Atlanta & Miami fight for SE Division title, NY & Boston fight for Atlantic Division title, while Indiana hopes to improve their record and grab the remaining spot that gives the home court advantage. On top of that Vince announced his retirement at the end of the season.
In West, OKC Thunder seem to have their division won already, but they don't really fall in the top team category, and therefore are here in the 2nd tier. They had a tremendous amount of hype prior to the season, but 2 straight losses to Clippers and never-ending nowhere-going trade talks burst their bubble and put them down to Earth. The top contender outside of the Big 3.

Odds that OKC wins it all: 1/30
Odds that one of East teams here wins it all: 1/40

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 Best chance to take down the Bulls in a playoff series? - I'm inclined to say Atlanta simply because they are the best team I've faced this season, human or cpu. Vince doesn't seem to have the desire to make a deep run with the Heat. I'd love to see it.
Did OKC underachieve? - Leroy has done about as well as I expected. His two losses to Ante get all the headlines but other than that he's been very solid with the Thunder. Still a top 5 team in my eyes.

#DullEast
#Hype
#Ranked
#JoshSmith
#3rdCelticsCoach
#FormerAtlantaCoach

#BestInTheWorld
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Scaled.php?server=515&filename=55351495 ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Clippers_small ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Lakers_small
ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Westop ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Bulls_small
These three teams seem to be a step above everyone else. They opened the season strongly and maintained their great play all the way through All-Star break. The combination of great roster, coaching staff and the game they show on the hardwood put them in the top spots of conferences.
Bulls have a couple of challengers in the East, while LA teams have to worry about almost every team that will end in the West top 8 positions.
Derrick Rose and Chris Paul lead the MVP race, but the old man Kobe Bryant still has ways to show off that he's not done yet. The gamewinner vs. Clippers, and the 101 point performance vs. Nets backup his claim.
Pau Gasol once again doesn't end the season as a Laker, and Mo Williams changed jerseys with Ron 'MWP' Artest. Bulls trusted enough in their players and chose not to trade anyone.

Odds to get a champion within these 3 teams: 1/7
Odds that these 3 teams will produce an MVP: 1/3

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 5 game playoff series LAL - LAC? - I'll take the Lakers all day, every day. Paul knows how to defend Ante and more importantly he's clutch in big games. The series would go 4 or 5 games.
Winner of West vs Bulls in a 7 game Finals? - Once again, I'm taking the Lakers. Paul in a Finals situation? You'd be a fool to bet against him. He wins titles. That's what he does.

#MVP_race
#underdog
#BullsUserKicked?
#abuse101
#lolOKC

------------------------

Before we end one more question:

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Insider_50 Your ALL-NBA First team would be... - Rose, Kobe, Durant, Aldridge, Dirk (No center deserves to be first team)

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap Untitl11

------------------------

That's it for this time, I would like to thank Bryan for his expertise and hope you had fun reading (if anyone actually bothered). No final standings projections as it's impossible to guess anything at this moment, and that's the impression you could get from reading this recap.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 pm

*Contain yourself*
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:22 pm

good read. it was intimidating at first cause it's longer than the average chapter in the Bible but it kept me entertained in class atm.

#thanksforreposting
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Just gonna post it again. Lovely recap. Can't wait till next year when I have my own category as the very best and my californian friends are playing second fiddle Razz Again, nice read #Hayesanity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap   ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISBA Revamp #rereboot All-Star break recap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ISBA League :: LEAGUE LOUNGE :: ISBA LEAGUE DISCUSSION-
Jump to: