ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

League Will Start Next Week

Go down 
+12
Al
Leroy
Vince
Bryan
Steve Nash's Son..
Justin
The Don
jeebs9
Felix
Ante
Goldielox
Sukan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sukan
ISBA ADMIN
ISBA ADMIN
Sukan

League Will Start Next Week Empty
PostSubject: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 am

I created the league just to preserve the name but

- need to know how many teams are in finally
- minutes for quarter (i'm lobbying for 8 minutes)
- difficulty (sim won't equal scoring which might turn off a lot of people imo)
- etc?
Back to top Go down
https://isbaleague.darkbb.com
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:50 am

imo sim with custom shooting sliders, 45 is a bit too low
assholes gave curry a jj reddick jumper, really 2k? curry doesn't even have his own smh
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm

9 MINUTES ITS PERFECT IMO...

Sim??? Gamestyle sim definitely and a little slider tweaking from you, Bryan and Kenrick, you three play the game now, we Eu's will get it on Monday/Tuesday...
Back to top Go down
Felix

Felix

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Id say 8 minutes max.
Back to top Go down
Sukan
ISBA ADMIN
ISBA ADMIN
Sukan

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:48 pm

9 is way too long for me, 8 is even long. I'd prefer 7 but I think 8 is just in between the consensus.

Slider tweaking ftw
Back to top Go down
https://isbaleague.darkbb.com
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Tweak sliders, but I think 9 is perfect it worked in M$...
Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 pm

You guys want to change the sliders.....Are you guys serious?
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:03 pm

I believe in Jeebs, put sim style and leave the sliders, because this guy really knows where to put the sliders and gets the game right at point, I wanna see it myself, but I really believe that he's right...
Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 pm

i'll get the game tomorrow morning but, alas, i won't be able giving it its due time till monday.
anyway, and i speak from what i'm readin' in forums and seeing in videos, i wouldn't change the sliders. maybe we could make some friendly match to adjust the level.
i'd say sim is the way to go, then we can talk about hof, superstar or even allstar.
and i'd love to play 10/12 minutes per quarter, but i know that i'm a fucking maniac so i'll stay with everything the league will choose.
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

I don't have the game (so unlike Ante I won't enter every possible discussion and pretty much base my stance on "what if", "we'll see", "It worked in past" and similar observations that say nothing and pretty much mean nothing relevant, and act like a nervous 16yr old girl that is about to lose her virginity - blaming the post or the game seller or whtevr) and I don't really care about sliders/minutes and that stuff...

...but would like to know the FA Draft order, Trade rules/restrictions/deadline and all that stuff, that can be talked about without owning the game...

...also would like if someone could post some ISBA logo that I could use in video editing (other than this forum header that doesn't look nice in a video, due to bad proportions - 947x350 pixels doesn't suit any video even when I resize it). Or if there is a nice bloke (Simon had some pretty photoshop work regarding this league I think) who is skilled with photoshop to create few logos and stuff I could use in generating top5 plays, play of the week, or the small watermark logo in the corner

thank you
Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 pm

I agree with Bounce the only rules I'm really worried about is the outside the game rules.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:41 pm

i agree with u the don i would love to play 10 to 12 min games lol but that will never happend so i think 8 to 9 mins is good also i dont think there should be any changing in the slider because for the people who dont have the game yet yall dont understand how different it is this is like a totally different game from 2k8 2k9 and 2k10 from the footwork to the moves to the plays i think it would be good at its default settings
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:47 pm

I believe Justin/Kenrick...
Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:02 pm

I've seen severally Vet users from OS say...."This game is good right out of the box"
Back to top Go down
Steve Nash's Son..

Steve Nash's Son..

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Like I said in the other thread..allstar/sim or pro/sim is alright(idk if HOF works for user v user, haven't played against an actual person). I'd keep the midrange and 3s at 50 though. Everything else is fine, league doesn't need rules either imo, on sim, cheesing isn't really an option besides the spin dunk,
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Ok great so only play legit and fair, run some plays, but I see you can't score on will, so you NEED to run plays by many people and y'all...If there was cheap stuff, we know here ourselves way too good to play cheap vs anybody here, so let the season start next week...Can it be on Friday or Thursday so I can practice a little???
Back to top Go down
Steve Nash's Son..

Steve Nash's Son..

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Theres really nothin too cheap besides the spin dunks..those are really bad imo. Hop step dunks are too much better..
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:13 pm

I've seen Ray Allen, Rondo, Deron Williams, Marcus Thorton and Matt Barnes do that spin dunk. I think the problem right now is that players who have no business doing that move are doing it. Its not like the move can't be blocked. It just looks wrong. I could understand these guy doing the spin. But not for a dunk but a layup maybe.
Back to top Go down
Steve Nash's Son..

Steve Nash's Son..

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:16 pm

I did it with Goran dragic..lmao I did it by mistake too.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:19 pm

ive seen johhny flynn do it lol
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:20 pm

LMAO, is it easy to exploit???
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:24 pm

I mean ive did it it can happen when you dont want to do it
Back to top Go down
Steve Nash's Son..

Steve Nash's Son..

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Yeah alot of times I just want to drive hard and pull the stick back(I think thats what does it), and they do the animation. Its a very long animation that you can't stop once it starts..sometimes you can strip the ball or a time a block.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:01 pm

8 minute quarters is plenty. Not many big slider changes need to be made. I'm sure we can find a few tweaks but nothing major. The first season will likely be a feeling out process anyway. The excessive dunks is the worst part but that's been well documented already. I said Tuesday that Steve Nash could probably throw it down online and I still believe that. Passing isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just gotta be careful is all. Maybe tone down a steal slider a tad but nothing big.

Good to see the commish come out of his castle and talk to us little people out here.

Also, 1 and done for the first round of the playoffs IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Will Start Next Week   League Will Start Next Week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Will Start Next Week
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next