ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When lockout ends, new association right?

Go down 
+4
Goldielox
Paul
Ante
Vince
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vince

Vince

When lockout ends, new association right? Empty
PostSubject: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:04 pm

I got Cavs reserved Smile
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I guess, 2K needs to have rookies ready...

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't think there'll be an NBA season this year..
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:22 pm

I think it will in December IMO, and they start with xmas games...
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:14 pm

maybe a fresh start is what i need. lol

this season is just going horrible for the pinoys. lol

well at least for me.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:23 pm

REBUILD
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:49 pm

I might switch to Bobcats/Raps/Wizards depending on Walker/Biyombo, Valanciunas, Vesely.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:12 pm

i might switch to recon or assault depending on the offers i get from craigslist.
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:22 pm

i'm switching to support
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:09 pm

CoD sucks. That's all. Why you guys hop on that, I hop on Skyrim Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:03 pm

we're not talking about CoD Razz
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Paul wrote:
we're not talking about CoD Razz
Any Battlefield, CoD, modern war type of shiz sucks!
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:51 pm

anyway, back to bball.

I think i wanna agree with Bryan when he said we should have 7 min quarters. i mean i can handle 8 to 10 mins vs human.. but playing the CPU that long gets a little monotonous.

can we have a poll to see how many people want 8 mins or 7 mins?
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:20 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7157736/nba-lockout-sides-wrap-talks-night-meet-again-friday

8 mins is fine IMO, 1 minute isn't a difference...

Deal today on Friday?

Too good to be true, but it seems they made a lot of progress as I said, the deal will be made this week I've said it on Wednesday...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:42 am

I'm "OK" with 8 minute qtrs. I wasn't OK with the original 9 min proposal. As president of the players union I felt that was one issue worth fighting for and I was pleased to get the 8 minute compromise. Make no mistake, I'd be more than pleased to have 7 min qtrs but I know some people like the longer games. For me I don't care. 5 or 6 min qtrs would be fine with me.

I see no point in starting a new association unless the following things were to occur:

1. A new patch was released that further fixed association against DC's, stupid CPU transactions, etc

2. People choose different teams to mix it up. What's the point if half the people pick the same team and Ante continues to spam with CP3.

3. Once the NBA2k.com site launches in January of 2012 it doesn't recognize associations started before it's launch date or something. So we'd have to start a new one in order to use that site with our OA. I could see that happening.

Even if we do decide to restart, I'd still like to finish this current season. We've put too much blood, sweat, and tears into this season not to finish
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 am

thank for the consideration mr. sterns and mr. fisher.

and yes i agree, you make valid arguments that a new association wouldnt be needed unless those 3 things occur..

but i think vince's main concern of starting a new one when the nba season starts is getting the rookies in the game
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:37 am

tipsy night

Last edited by Vince on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:37 am

Bryan wrote:
I'm "OK" with 8 minute qtrs. I wasn't OK with the original 9 min proposal. As president of the players union I felt that was one issue worth fighting for and I was pleased to get the 8 minute compromise. Make no mistake, I'd be more than pleased to have 7 min qtrs but I know some people like the longer games. For me I don't care. 5 or 6 min qtrs would be fine with me.

I see no point in starting a new association unless the following things were to occur:

1. A new patch was released that further fixed association against DC's, stupid CPU transactions, etc

2. People choose different teams to mix it up. What's the point if half the people pick the same team and Ante continues to spam with CP3.

3. Once the NBA2k.com site launches in January of 2012 it doesn't recognize associations started before it's launch date or something. So we'd have to start a new one in order to use that site with our OA. I could see that happening.

Even if we do decide to restart, I'd still like to finish this current season. We've put too much blood, sweat, and tears into this season not to finish

When we finish 2 seasons maybe of this one or maybe, MAYBE 3, we start a new one...

I agree with you...

Those things won't happen...

The only thing is the rookies...

We will have em after 2 seasons of this association IMO, that's fair...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 am

@WojYahooNBA
There’s a strong expectation [within the negotiations] that hands will shake [Friday]. http://t.co/9y2S5ZCr

How long would it take for teams to sign rookies, and for 2k to add them? IMO if that would happen before the end of regular ISBA season, just play the playoffs and restart with full rosters. There's a strong chance that people would rather restart and have all the right rosters than to continue the "2k11" season... I know I would...
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:34 am

Definitely, I agree with Mr.Bouncester....

But you know 2k..........
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 am

Quote :
Once an agreement is reached in principle, the league’s board of governors and the players will both have to ratify it. About three weeks will be needed to get the deal finalized in writing, allow teams to sign free agents and hold abbreviated training camps, possibly pushing the start of the regular season into the last week of November or the first week of December. “There are no guarantees we’re going to get it done,” Stern said after Thursday’s negotiations, “but we’re going to give it one heck of a shot.”

Fits with ISBA 59 game schedule bounce
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:13 am

Yep really nice...By December we will finish this season...
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:38 am

I say we do the current association for one-two more seasons. Then when we get tired of it, start over. My 2 $Centz
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 am

Best post so far ^^...
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:31 pm

AND HERE WE GO!!! KYRIE IRVING!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When lockout ends, new association right?   When lockout ends, new association right? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When lockout ends, new association right?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next