ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Season 4 Thread

Go down 
+10
ksims1
Goldielox
Al
Justin
detroitrob
NYKIA31
jeebs9
Ante
Paul
Bryan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jeebs9

jeebs9

Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 am

We also let Ante create the league.... What a bad idea...
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:21 pm

What can I do wrong? Can you have any belief in me? Huh? C'mon...

I'll do anything that you and Bryan tell me to do I'll do it so no problem...

Sorry Mr.Stern Rolling Eyes ...
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:30 pm

oh no! someone create a real one! haha

Ante just wanted admin rights really bad IMO hahaha
Back to top Go down
detroitrob

detroitrob

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Kendall is the name of the guy I referred. He said he would like ATLANTA.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:25 pm

jeebs9 wrote:
Were the Knicks picked up by anyone?

If you really want to use the Knicks I'd be happy to use someone else.

Good to have Kendall on board.

As for letting Ante create the league, it seems harmless enough. Ante has blossomed into a mature young man before our eyes imo
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 am

Lovely...

EDIT: Me and Bryan played the first game, he said that the defensive sliders need work, but IMO they are perfect, look
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=829447&g=34487913&menu=teamstats

If these defensive sliders need work, then what do sliders of last season need example yesterdays conference finals http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=712219&g=32161872&menu=teamstats

LOL 61% 3pt for Paul and 51% FG

Stats don't lie, plus when we learn all of the player releases we will have 40-45 % shooting, also that's realistic and also no bullshit happened in our game, everything was legit, every shot that we hit was expected IMO...Only 2 fadeaways went in which were wide open, one Aldridge, Amare didn't raise his hand and Douglas, he was really WIDE open...We'll see how other games play out, but IMO the sliders are good...If y'all want to shoot 35% fine, we can do it, just won't be any fun if you raise defense even more, because it's on Superstar, SIM sliders, only the 3PT is risen to 48 and layups on 47 and that's that...If you lower the 3PT you will have wide open threes missed and sometimes wide open layups, I saw that when I put only SIM sliders (45 3pt 45 layups) vs Rob and in Cro league, then we put 3pt on 50 and bs happened, every fuckin three went in and almost every contact layup...Bryan before creating said to put sim sliders, only raise up the three to 47, 48 and I think we played really good defense and I think this game and sliders are OK, don't know why Bryan complained that sliders need work, but I guess he saw something else idk, we gotta hear from him...Don't get mad or anything Bryan just my standpoint, I would like to hear yours Wink ...
Back to top Go down
detroitrob

detroitrob

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 am

I guess Kendall decided to go with SA instead of ATL.
Back to top Go down
detroitrob

detroitrob

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:28 am

are there any "rules" I should know about? I assume we all play on ball D..etc....
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:07 am

detroitrob wrote:
are there any "rules" I should know about? I assume we all play on ball D..etc....

Our rules are fairly basic.

-Don't abuse the paint.
-Don't run up the score or be disrespectful to your opponent. Respect is a big thing here.
-No abusing players. Since we're playing 8 min qts there's no reason for anybody to have more than 23-25 FG attempts in a regulation game.
-Don't take a million threes. I would say keep it under 28-30, which is a ton in 8 mins. That's not an issue.
-We definitely play on ball defense the entire time. Pick and roll is always tricky but you gotta try to play on ball as much as possible.
-Keep players in the position they belong. Going small is fine but using SGs or SFs at PG is a no-no.
-Players shouldn't play more than about 28 minutes per game. Unless there's OT, of course.

Most of these rules are non-factors in this league. Very few problems traditionally. We don't like to keep guys too locked in with rules.
------------------------------

Ante, I would say some things needed to be tweaked. To say it was perfect is laughable. The only reason that game wasn't in the high 70s was because it was opening game and we don't know the releases well yet. Paint defense could use a subtle increase and on ball defense could use a subtle increase. When I say subtle changes I'm talking about 1-2 points in one direction. Not big changes but some of it needs tightening. I also had to lower my crash board slider to 0 in order to cut down on your fastbreaks and you aren't a dominant fast break coach. That's a little ridiculous. I've got no problem having to lower it to 25 but 0? Defense needs the tweaks, not offense. The offensive sliders are generally OK. We'll play a few more games and make a determination.

Last edited by Bryan on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 am

Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:05 am

so where is this league?... I couldn't find it this morning?

Ante made the league... SMH I knew he would be to quick to start...lol
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:41 pm

enter isba in search, passwore JEEBS
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:57 pm

jeebs, not JEEBS...lol...
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Quote :

Ante, I would say some things needed to be tweaked. To say it was perfect is laughable. The only reason that game wasn't in the high 70s was because it was opening game and we don't know the releases well yet. Paint defense could use a subtle increase and on ball defense could use a subtle increase. When I say subtle changes I'm talking about 1-2 points in one direction. Not big changes but some of it needs tightening. I also had to lower my crash board slider to 0 in order to cut down on your fastbreaks and you aren't a dominant fast break coach. That's a little ridiculous. I've got no problem having to lower it to 25 but 0? Defense needs the tweaks, not offense. The offensive sliders are generally OK. We'll play a few more games and make a determination.

Help defense is high, maybe d awarness needs to get an upgrade I agree...But Rudy did hit some shots that were pretty wide open...I like to push the break, but yeah some coaches (Dexter, Ken) are really amazing at it...
Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Leave it on default....Leave it on default....Leave it on default....Leave it on default....Leave it on default....Leave it on default....Leave it on default....Leave it on default....Leave it on default....
Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:28 pm

The only thing that needs to be changed. Turn it to sim. And the return all the shooting sliders back to 50. Even success of contact to around 48.

end of story....
Back to top Go down
jeebs9

jeebs9

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Since you couldn't wait... someone has to send me a invite to the league...
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm

No, we don't need to you just need to enter the league...

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/standing.cfm?l=829447

U see we reserved Memphis to you...Although it's not hard to invite you...
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:30 pm

gm anyone?
Back to top Go down
ksims1

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:56 pm

gm later anyone
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:57 pm

GG Rob and Kendall, Roy was really good in both games, but Miller and Aldridge were the keys to 2 victories...

Oh I've sent the invitations to you Ken and to Al...
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:27 am

y does it say on 2k site that i have no gm played when i played 2
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 am

Bryan wrote:
detroitrob wrote:

Our rules are fairly basic.

-Don't abuse the paint.
-Don't run up the score or be disrespectful to your opponent. Respect is a big thing here.
-No abusing players. Since we're playing 8 min qts there's no reason for anybody to have more than 23-25 FG attempts in a regulation game.
-Don't take a million threes. I would say keep it under 28-30, which is a ton in 8 mins. That's not an issue.
-We definitely play on ball defense the entire time. Pick and roll is always tricky but you gotta try to play on ball as much as possible.
-Keep players in the position they belong. Going small is fine but using SGs or SFs at PG is a no-no.
-Players shouldn't play more than about 28 minutes per game. Unless there's OT, of course.

Most of these rules are non-factors in this league. Very few problems traditionally. We don't like to keep guys too locked in with rules.
------------------------------

is this considered abusing the paint? Rolling Eyes
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=829447&g=34487876

so just letting the new guys know, if you experience this...

...please dont judge the rest of the league and think we all abuse the paint. it's just him Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 am

Oh, we are back and here we go again haha...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 am

jeebs9 wrote:
The only thing that needs to be changed. Turn it to sim. And the return all the shooting sliders back to 50. Even success of contact to around 48.

end of story....

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Season 4 Thread   Official Season 4 Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Season 4 Thread
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next