ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5

Go down 
+5
Goldielox
Vince
Sukan
Ante
The Don
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Don

The Don

Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:01 am

i've never talked about budinger.
i just wanna get rid of yao.
i didn't like him when he was 100%, and i've never thought he could be a winning factor. not in a long term perspective.
and now he is at 50%. at best.

Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:12 am

oh, and you're underestimating emeka, imho.
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 am

Emeka in a videogame is poor mans Elton Brand, and Elton Brand is a joke in a videogame. If you are pleased with 5 rebounds and 1 point on a 0/1 Fg and 1/2 shooting per night, then you can sign any free agent Center and would get the same result

SMH at choosing rockets and trading away their best guy, you could went with some other team instead of giving guys "for free". Just my honest opinion

edit: Kinda like the Pau gasol trade to Lakers, giving the Lakers what they need and Memphis gets the short end of the trade

Last edited by Hrvoje on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 am

well, we've got different opinions, that's all.
I don't think that a 7-6 guy who has less than 10 rodmans and less than 2 blocks per game can be "the best guy" of a team.
i mean, c'mon, scola is 6-9 and has almost the same number of rebounds, and has a post moves array that yao can show only in his wildest dreams.
i'm not gonna say that he is worthless, and i know that given his size he can change many a game. what's more, i know that in a videogame he can be god, but i do not care about it, or i'd be trading for jr smith or some other glitched player like him.
i've chosen the rockets 'cause in the loosy 2009/2010 season they were the only team i could stand to watch playin'. and it was mostly due to the fact that mclady was out of the way and yao could not play.
i really think they were, and are, a good defensive big guy shy of a contender team.
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:06 am

honestly, the only reason i mention this trade is because Ante will have a videogame dream team (and irl that team would suck)

He already has the stupid glitch Peja who in 2k's eyes is still on the same level as when he was a Sac King. There's that David west guy who apparently can shoot anywhere inside the 3pt line, make LMA look like a kid. And compared with his "fanatic low fun factor game kill to win approach" I'm gonna say this right away, if he gets Yao (who by videogame standards is a God, just for his size, and Online injuries are bogus, you get an 5 game long injury, but as soon as 1 game disconnects the "5game injury" is gone, and that's BS, same happened to me with Bogut, got like 5-6 game injury, but he healed after game 2 because game 2 diconnected once,however I sat him out the remaining 4 games) I must say that I won't play him. That's a low fun factor right away by default and add Yao to the mix and there's a glitch team worse than anything else.
And nothing won't make me play that team. IDC even if it's a playoff matchup, I would forefit that series.
kthnx
Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 am

whoa, you really love that kid Very Happy
that makes me think about opening a thread for all the ideas i've come out with regarding the league.
briefly said, what about a recap to write for each game we play? this is the community part, it would be nice having a four-hands written piece to comment for every game of the season. it could give a nice spark of life to the forum.

now, for the fun factor you mentioned: what about electing some kind of commissioner, so that after the game the 2 players can give each other votes for sportsmanship, simulation and politeness and send them to the commissioner?
i mean, if my opponent goes 80% pip, 10 iso before each penetration, off ball defense all the time, fastbreak forcing, full court press 4/4 and so on i can... express my disappointment in sort of an official way. and if everyone of us gives the same guy bad votes, well, we can think about some kind of measure to take so that the league can be fun for everybody.
i.e.: nelgai/Nello/the don gets bad votes from 18 gm in 18 games. he gets a fine. then he keeps playin' the same way, so here comes the second fine and out of the way goes the don.
it hasn't to be so strict a rule, we can have weekly based controls, the commissioner/the league members can talk to the gm in question to have him change his game style and so on.

i think it would be far better than the "i won't play him" approach. which i understand, let me be clear, but i think that we as a league should avoid.

what do you think about it? i know you're the one who runs the house around here, so if i got your nihil obstat i'll launch myself kami-fucking-kaze style and open a new thread.
jokes apart, do you and the other guys think it could be a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:44 am

The Don wrote:
whoa, you really love that kid Very Happy
I'm like a second father to him (unless you adopt him). I don't mind him getting any player he wants. Only this trade makes him the Lakers from Pau trade, and not just Lakers, the Glitch-"Overrated videogame players combined together to form a team"- Lakers.

The Don wrote:
that makes me think about opening a thread for all the ideas i've come out with regarding the league.
Do so, if there's a thread about changing usernames, then I se nothing wrong with any other thread

The Don wrote:
briefly said, what about a recap to write for each game we play? this is the community part, it would be nice having a four-hands written piece to comment for every game of the season. it could give a nice spark of life to the forum.
The activity will pick up once the lg starts. There are the 2k Community League page, nibbles stuff articles, franchise blogs, general season 1 discussion thread, etc...

The Don wrote:
now, for the fun factor you mentioned: what about electing some kind of commissioner, so that after the game the 2 players can give each other votes for sportsmanship, simulation and politeness and send them to the commissioner?
sukan is the shit around here, and I see nothing wrong with the way he does things/kicks people/uses the Mod hammer...

The Don wrote:
i mean, if my opponent goes 80% pip, 10 iso before each penetration, off ball defense all the time, fastbreak forcing, full court press 4/4 and so on i can... express my disappointment in sort of an official way. and if everyone of us gives the same guy bad votes, well, we can think about some kind of measure to take so that the league can be fun for everybody.
There's the "U mad brah" section for expressing any issue or uncomfortable situation that occurs in the game

The Don wrote:
i.e.: nelgai/Nello/the don gets bad votes from 18 gm in 18 games. he gets a fine. then he keeps playin' the same way, so here comes the second fine and out of the way goes the don.
I doubt anyone would do that, that might be sth new users would do, and they... how did Scentz deal with that... kicked them after a warning or 2

The Don wrote:
it hasn't to be so strict a rule, we can have weekly based controls, the commissioner/the
league members can talk to the gm in question to have him change his game style and so on.
I suppose the before mentioned threads and Nibblesfly Roundtable take care of that

The Don wrote:
i think it would be far better than the "i won't play him" approach.
there's absolutely nothing better than this "wont play approach". usually at least twice a season someone calls for that

The Don wrote:
which i understand, let me be clear, but i think that we as a league should avoid.
"We Know Drama" is the motto around here

The Don wrote:
what do you think about it?
I think it's lovely.

The Don wrote:
i know you're the one who runs the house around here
So true...

The Don wrote:
so if i got your nihil obstat i'll launch myself kami-fucking-kaze style and open a new thread.
Please do so.

The Don wrote:
jokes apart, do you and the other guys think it could be a good idea?
Why so serious. Who giz a sht what do they think

Wow, the 2nd part of September and 1st half of October are probably the most boring 3-4 weeks year by year, summer finished, college doesnt start, and I almost do nothing all day beside sleep, eat (f... around... OMG minors reading this) and occasionally go for a drink. I'm gonna watch Dear John today... again
Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:54 am

ok, i see i am about as useless as an asshole on my elbow (kill bill ftw) with my ideas.
i'll go drinking the shit out of me to get over it.
and then i'll trade yao for thabeet. or, even worse, for jermaine "the fail" o'neal.
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:48 am

Both are better than Emeka.
So where's that glorified thread? Anxious to see it...
Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 am

your lovely and accurate words made it worthless.
i think this is the umpteenth proof of your greatness and loveliness and so on.
why don't you give me salmons and/or maggette and/or ilyasova?
(i'm working on the swingmen update for my franchise blog, serious stuff, can't waste my time with shit like the future of the league, lol)
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Salmons for Scola?
Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:20 pm

i don't think i'll ever trade scola
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Hrvoje is trying to kill my superteam, Hrvoje please me and the Don agreed, I made him an offer he can't refuse (no Budimger, I will satisfy with Jermaine Taylor BTW)...

So Don we still in the talks that it will happen huh???

What Hrvoje meant wih low fun factor, walk over corpse is because I beat the shit out of him one time and he's like that but actually if you try very hard to beat me like Bryan, Paul, Kenrick, Dexter/Crax, Justin, Vince you'll maybe succeed, Hrvoje just try your best, I know you will and who knows maybe you launch the BucksWinBucksWin thing Basketball Basketball Basketball ...Oh and Nello there's no 80% PIP guys (except Jeebs/Kenrick with his angry games when he's upset around something and he doesn't give a shit that game) and on ball D is played, we legit man...
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Won't play Hornets w/Yao. That's final. I'll turn on the yellow status on PS3 all the time, and inv people by myself, and overlook any game offers.

edit: Or I will be forced to get Duhon from orlando...

That's like a nightmare for everyone, but if you gonna play the cheap game, then CD MVP is gonna come to Milwaukee, I have plenty trading pieces

*Pat Riley's ghost strikes back*

take that bitches Sad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Wow man compete...That's all, compete man...
Back to top Go down
Steve Nash's Son..

Steve Nash's Son..

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Ante getting yao is just turrible. Im so tired of him getting all the freebies every lg..cmon this is 2k11. Sigh. *prepares to go back to ignoring lg msgs*
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Finally someone agrees with me. This aint trading skill, this just shitting all over the place and trading main guys for peanuts.
ignoring hornets messages ftw
Back to top Go down
Steve Nash's Son..

Steve Nash's Son..

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:12 pm

And Emeka sucks in every 2k. lol Yao is usually the best big man ever year.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 am

Ante wrote:
Wow man compete...That's all, compete man...

If you were the boy of integrity and honor that you portray in this thread, you wouldn't want to do that trade for Yao. You'd embrace the challenge of winning a title with a regular team instead of taking advantage of people who don't care about winning like Hrvoje or our new Italian stallion.

I remember Hrvoje offering me horrible trades when he had the Bucks and I declined them to keep the integrity of the season.

Very revealing on your part IMO.
Back to top Go down
The Don

The Don

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:44 am

i feel you guys, yao in the wrong hands can be a terrible thing.
but at the moment, ante's offer is still the best (but it has to be a 2 for 1).
anyway i still have to talk trade with the rest of the league, and there's always mister cents, i'd like to know if we have room for further negotiations.
still, things being as they are, ante's offer is on top of my list.
i like emeka, he just had a bas season last year, and i'll make a trade thinkin about what i want for my team.
that's all.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 am

Wait, so Bryan this isn't GM skills, to offer my best C and decent SG, cmon man you're post is simple BS, taking advantage of something is all about a good GM, ask Justin how he had Deron, Joe Johnson, Pierce, Kirlenko, Horford and Millsap and Korver and Miles and all of the Utah Jazz together and still you would play them, IDC if you Batman will ignore my msgs, I'll play with Cp3 and Yao so what, you pussys don't wanna play me fine, you just scared, Bryan has the most stacked team and nobody says nothing SMH...The guy hates Yao and it's now that he doesn't care about winning it's just that he hates Yao + I would own your asses with Okafor too, MS6 (yea suns won the Finals BLAH BLAH BLAH)...

I'll compete against anyone bro, I lost the finals vs Jeebs he had like 70% PIP in game 1 OT, but I didn't said a WORD, bcuz I don't whine, I compete again, I think his pip points were legit and I moved on and never looked back again except now, but it was legit, y'all tought it wasn't but I congratuled him and it was the BEST series I've ever played so...

So if I do this trade y'all gonna be mad??? That's playing dumb, I never take advantage of Hrvoje bcuz I didn't offered him a trade and I won't take advantage in anyone ONLY if he offers me Yao for Okafor and Bellineli, like you Bryan wouldn't accepted that trade, you too Hrvoje and you Mike wouldn't!? Don't say noooooooooo bcuz that's PURE BS, you would accept that and asked the Don to bring a sexy chick to please y'all too... Twisted Evil ...

Last edited by Ante on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 am

Lin>CP3
Back to top Go down
Gost

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 am

rage outbursts are so 2k9

And Im not quite sure who ever took advantage of me from trades or the fact that I dont want to win.
In season 2 I was handed the Heat, and didn't I end like 5-1 in regular season and beat Crax 2-1 in playoffs, so I'm not quite sure what did i lost trade wise there or to question my willingness to win.
season 7 was a closing season, and pretty much games were played for the sole purpose of playing and there people were just tired in general from 2k10. Sure thing i took that season as a joke and went to trade pretty much everyone, but even with the crippled team I was like a win or 2 down of 50% wins amrk, and i beat Starbury for example or the notorious BucksWinBucksWin! game.

On other hand the Season 1 of this 2k11 is supposed to be (and will be) a serious league, and such moves where there's a guy who takes a Team (Rockets) and trades the Best player (Yao) for what a videogame crap player Okafor and a probably 65 rated Bellinelli. On one side there's The best Center in the videogame, who has a god-like status in 2k10 and every before that. On other there's a guy who couldn't end up having better stats than Shelden Williams in this videogame, and the Italian who is probably not better than one Delfino or such "star".
Followed by that logic Delfino & Gooden for Dwight is likely to happen? No, it's not, and why not? Because no one would throw such trades, and accept them. This is a classic case of a "freebie" (to quote Mike).

Having 93% played games of season 1 is imo enough and why to have those 7% kill the nice impression other 25 games gave?

kthnx

edit: Yao is rated 84
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/player_draft.cfm?l=570709
edit2:
@Steve_OS Yao?
@Phazing_ Yao 83
God bless Twatter Sad
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:43 am

Ok ok....Battier for Jamison, Hollins, 1st round FA pick?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Ante wrote:
Wait, so Bryan this isn't GM skills, to offer my best C and decent SG, cmon man you're post is simple BS, taking advantage of something is all about a good GM, ask Justin how he had Deron, Joe Johnson, Pierce, Kirlenko, Horford and Millsap and Korver and Miles and all of the Utah Jazz together and still you would play them, IDC if you Batman will ignore my msgs, I'll play with Cp3 and Yao so what, you pussys don't wanna play me fine, you just scared, Bryan has the most stacked team and nobody says nothing SMH...The guy hates Yao and it's now that he doesn't care about winning it's just that he hates Yao + I would own your asses with Okafor too, MS6 (yea suns won the Finals BLAH BLAH BLAH)...

1. Your best center sucks, while Yao is one of ten best players on this game.
2. I don't have the most stacked team on this game, and even if I did, so what? I drafted the default team. I'm not trying to manipulate myself to a title. Winning isn't my main objective. If people were so concerned about me having "the most stacked team" I'd gladly take Philly now that Brackins has been traded there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5   Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Houston Rockets Market place - with trading list on page 5
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next