ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd

Go down 
+5
Goldielox
Paul
Vince
Bounce
Bryan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd Nba2k_14

Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd Three_men_narrowweb__300x424,0
The panel posing during a promotional event in Split

Welcome to the roundtable this week fine folks of ISBA. Since we last met quite a bit has happened. We've decided to #rereboot again and the regular season of reboot will be over within 36 hours or so. Lots of stuff to talk about this week so let's get started with my trio of me, Ante, and Hrvoje.

1. Who is your coach of the year and GM of the year for ISBA Reboot?

Ante: Paul, for both. That team struggled with Pau and Bynum and Fisher, but he made a lot of trades and it worked, they're at the top of the western conference, so there was no better GM or coach in ReBoot...

Hrvoje: Coach of the year is Paul. He made several questionable trades, but still managed to finish close to top of the Western Conference, and he played majority of his games. My pick for GM of the year is you Bryan. You turned around one of the worst teams and in last 30 games climbed all the way to 7th spot. Also it's worth mentioning that you brought Jax and Nash to Canada while keeping Bargnani.

Bryan: I'm on board with Paul being coach of the year. He made all those moves, which were highly questionable and still remains as a top 2 seed in the West. I've supported him all season so I'm glad he did well and didn't make a fool out of me. Like I said on the forum last night, Utah and Luka did an outstanding job coaching. If Luka ever took an elite team he would do great. He's a sleeping giant with tons of skill. I'm flattered by the GM praise from Hrvoje and it's deserved. I did a nice job with this roster and feel good about making the playoffs with a bad team. Too bad many people are afraid to take bad teams on and the challenge that comes with it. The Knicks and EDC would probably be my pick for GM of the year though. #fantasy

2. It appears 6 humans (4 in the east, 2 in the west) will make the playoffs. Which human has the best chance to win it all? Do you have a rooting interest?

Hrvoje: Paul and the Lakers seem to have the best chance to go all the way. He proved he can beat CPU, he can beat any human team if there will be any on his playoff run. My team to root for are the Toronto Raptors. Sure they are the ultimate underdog and every playoff win is huge, but I believe that you can mix it up with the best of them, at least push them to 6th or 7th game.

Bryan: I'll be rooting for myself obviously but it looks like I'll be playing Miami and we all know that's trouble. Even though some humans have been successful against the Heat this year but I get the feeling the CPU Heat will be extra cheesy once the playoff logo is painted on the court. I'm rooting for the Lakers. It's all about winning championships for the elite coaches here and I'd love to see Paul add to his legacy with another 'ship. I'd root for Justin but I'm not convinced he'll play his games.

Ante: I will root for Justin. I had a chat with him on facebook and he's aware that you guys miss him and all that, but back to the topic. I think Paul has the best chance, just because he's great vs cpu this season. I think the Knicks have a great chance, but the Celtics are too much for them if they meet in the playoffs. Craxorriors are a one hit wonder, so I don't expect big things from them. And the Thunder are yapping too much about themselves, yeah Leroy is a good coach and he has enormous potential, but until he gets to the conference finals or the finals, he's still a mediocre coach to me.

3. How would you rate your excitement level about ISBA rereboot?

Bryan: Moderately excited for me. I'm looking forward to using the Mavs but at the end of the day we're still playing 2k12 so it's not overly exciting to me. All the new trade talks is fun but it's also a headache at the same time. I put a lot of emotion and effort into the Raptors this season so I will likely take a step back performances wise on #rereboot but I'll still have some laughs along the way.

Hrvoje: I'm very excited for #rereboot. It will be a fresh start, with a new team, this time one I like instead of Bucks where I liked only one player. And also league-wide, it will bring new enthusiasm, more people will have competitive teams, and I hope that once we finally agree on trade rules the #fantasy won't be such a big problem.

Ante: I'm very excited. I can't wait to reunite with CP3 and go for a big run this season. I'm rejuvenated and after I practiced vs the cpu, since I'm always good vs humans, I'm really excited after I beaten the cpu Thunder hehe.

4. Give me one thought or prediction you have for the new season of ISBA rereboot.

Ante: Lakers vs Clippers western conference finals, best rivalry in ISBA history. I think that series will top the wcf series, NOLA vs LA, the intensity of that series was great, but when it's to LA teams, the intensity gets on another scale.

Hrvoje: ISBA Revamped #rereboot will in my opinion have at least 10 human playoff teams. I firmly believe in that.

Bryan: I hope both of those predictions come true. Vince and the Heat will win the East. I've seen what Vince could do with a lackluster Cavs roster. Now he has stars like Wade, LeBron, and Eddy Curry? Plus the sim engine should be kind to the Heat so I really think 40 wins is possible. And I think its great Vince is using LeBron. He obviously still likes LeBron and he doesn't need to be ashamed about that.

5. Fact or Fiction: The Clippers finish with a top 4 seed in the West on rereboot

Bryan: Need to see it to believe it. I'm saying fiction for now. The time off that Ante has taken will be good for him though. It did wonders for me when I walked away from Denver and took some time off. The Clippers will be good but top 4 seed seems a bit premature right now. Plus the West looks pretty hard on paper.

Hrvoje: Fact. With all better West teams being player controlled dr.TryHard should have an easier path towards top 4 finish. If he manages to get some CPU wins I see him right up there with Leroy and Paul.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to my panel once again for another good effort today. And all year for the matter. We've been churning these out since November and I appreciate the contributions and all the readers we've had along the way. Until next time, stay safe and don't forget to smell the roses once in awhile. Bye everybody.

Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:02 pm

#NotMyWords

interesting read, similar opinions
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 pm

I just saw Felix on Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:16 pm

^Me too. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Ante wasnt allowed to answer question 5 or something? lol

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I might have a 1st round exit in the Playoffs. Looks like I'm facing the Suns. I was 0-2 with them during the season. I can't stop their 97% 3 point shooting
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:42 pm

kia is spurs no?
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Quote :
Until next time, stay safe and don't forget to smell the roses once in awhile.

FTW ^^...
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Shots @ me ftw
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes, Kia is Spurs brah...
Back to top Go down
Luka

Luka

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Bryan is making me blush lol
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Leroy wrote:
Shots @ me ftw

Lol... more like grenades... lmao!!!
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:08 pm

You'll need Leroy one of these

Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd Tumblr_lxbfo0AsMy1qgehb9o1_500
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Meh it was expected. Haters imo
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Nah, it's just you said, Westbrook will do that, he'll do this etc...PROVE IT ON THE COURT...
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:23 pm

play a ranked game vs any idiot and he'll do it. Can't believe I have to "prove" anything lol
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Well if you want to earn something and be praised in the roundtable, you must prove something brah...It's just like #life...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd   Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-January 23rd
Page 1 of 1