ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-January 31st

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-January 31st Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Weekly Roundtable-January 31st Nba2k_15

Welcome to the newest edition of the roundtable. It's a pleasure to be joined by Hrvoje this week. Also, Ante is here. Anyway, I would like to give a shout out to Paul for being up 1-0 in the Finals over the CPU Bulls. It appears he's on his way to another ring. The OA tab will be up and running soon so that's good news for us. Without anymore small talk, let's get to the topics this week:

Weekly Roundtable-January 31st Surfer%20bro-1
The roundtable douches take in some surf following the roundtable discussion

1. Biggest surprise, good or bad of the season so far?

Hrvoje: It's still early but for now I don't think there were any big positive surprises as almost everyone is playing as they should, or as they were expected. Only noticeable disappointment are the Houston Rockets with a negative record and last place in the conference. That's something I didn't expect, to have them start with like 3-13. Still I think with the Al Jefferson trade they can go only up and return to playoff contention

Ante: Well, good is Hrvoje definitely, his team is playing great obviously, LMAo is making other power forwards cry, definitely a team to watch in the playoffs. Bad would be edc, after the hype in the preseason, this team just failed their expectations, I believe they will rise, I hope so though.

Bryan: Definitely Houston starting 3-13. I didn't see that coming in a million years. I still think EDC will figure it out and finish around .500 but that's a deep hole to dig out of. The Bulls are a good surprise, starting 10-2. KJ finally has an elite team and he's taking advantage.

2. If you could add any player to your roster, regardless or money, who would it be and why

Ante: It would be Marco Belinelli, yeah I have Kapono, my "white" shooter, but he can't defend like Marco and can't shoot the lights out, especially when Marco comes off the screen and shoots the little mid range jumper, man #memories.

Bryan: For me it would be Iggy or DeRozan. I'd love to have another dunking douche and since Jamaro Moon won't respond to my good FA offer, I'm stuck with VC as my only dunker.

Hrvoje: I don't think I need any. My roster is already deep. If I had to go #fantasy I would like maybe Bogut or maybe Scal, but that's more for personal pleasure than to actually improve the roster. Other than that I can't think of any name I would love to have unless it's someone random like LeBron or Dwight or Melo.

3. Can anyone beat Paul in a playoff series when he has the Lakers

Bryan: No, not unless games are simmed or someone cheeses the crap out of him.

Hrvoje: Sure they can. Oklahoma and Clippers could "easily" beat him. And that's not just those two teams, I think he would struggle against some other West teams as well, and even if he would manage to go through to Finals there are some pretty good Eastern human teams waiting. This time it's far more equal as most human teams aren't "bum" teams anymore while he's the Lakers. However, I still think that Paul and Lakers have the best chance to win it all.

Ante: I don't wanna answer this question because of basketball relations, public relations and yes this is the correct political answer, the selfish and the unpolitical answer would be the Clippers, TheRealDr.TryHard at it's best.

4. Fact or fiction: You are enjoying the return of the 8 minute quarters

Hrvoje: Fact. I always supported 8min quarters, boxscores are far more realistic and scores are in high 60's and 70's instead of 37-30 games I had on 7 min against Leroy or any game that ended in 40's.

Ante: Fact, #stats. Thanks to Hrvoje, we're playing 8 minutes

Bryan: I guess fact but I don't notice much of a difference. I do enjoy more realistic stats but the games feel very similar to me. If you can get the job done in 28 mins you can get it done with 32. I don't think it makes for some big endurance test or anything. For stats it's nice, otherwise meh

5. Fact or Fiction: LaMarcus Aldridge will average 20+ points per game for the season (currently averaging 23)

Bryan: Fiction but I do think he'll be among the league leaders in scoring the entire season. Top 3 and maybe the top overall scorer but 20 seems like a tough pace to keep up.

Ante: BIG FACT, #LMAo, yes, of course he will, the system is built around him, and he'll need him vs CPU the most, Hrvoje is doing a fine job coaching him.

Hrvoje: Fiction. I don't really care how much will he average as long as Blazers play well. Yesterday I had a game with like 5 players scoring over 10 points. That's a lot more enjoyable than to have Aldridge score 25, Wallace 15 and everyone else under 5. I don't think he'll average over 20 as in sim games he scores only around 10.

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for joining us today for the last roundtable before the OA tab works on nba2k.com. I have faith it will be working by the weekend. Until then, enjoy the crappy trade proposals on the forum and have fun in your OA games.

Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Definetly disapointed as well. I don't think I can rise to .500 this season but have high hopes for th next. I usuall need some time to figure out the strengths of a team ... or just sign D12 along AJ0 Wink
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Lol, twin towers>..................
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:26 pm

#NotMyWords Wink
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Appreciate the work put into these. It's always a pleasure to read them. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Pleasure reading them, glad I wasn't included in the bad Razz I'm like 0-10 with the Kings. Still waiting for a win. Good read overall, can't wait till next week.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Ok maybe I was wrong, LAMo scored like 28 & 32 today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-January 31st   Weekly Roundtable-January 31st I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-January 31st
Page 1 of 1