ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings

Go down 
+3
Leroy
Bounce
Bryan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings Empty
PostSubject: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:20 pm

ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings 370
Hrvoje and Bryan compile the coach ratings over a delightful lunch on their bro date

Howdy folks and welcome to this special media feature event conducted by yours truly and Hrvoje. With all the talk about 2k12 roster updates, Rubio being overrated, etc we decided that it might be fun to give an overall rating to all the current coaches and 4 past ISBA coaches. In total, we rated 18 coaches using the same ratings scale that you see on 2k with 99 being the best rating and 40 being the worst. Hrvoje and I differ in some of our opinions as we each gave the coaches our own rating. His rating scale is a little less harsh than mine but it's all in good fun. The coaches appear in no particular order so without any further delay, let's get started!

Vince

Bryan: He's always been a top level coach with very few bad seasons. He doesn't always get it done in big games or in the playoffs but he's a coach you can usually count on to be solid every season. My rating for Vince: 82

Hrvoje: A serious competitor, right up there with the best. Gets extra credit for taking lesser teams on several occasions. Front office mastermind, best when it comes to build teams through trades. My rating for Vince: 86

Paul

Hrvoje: The best there is. There were only few seasons where he didn't play a big role in playoffs. One minus point is that he takes the Lakers on 9/10 situations, and lets be fair it's a lot easier to have success with LA than with Warriors or Sixers. My rating for Paul: 90

Bryan: As my friend said above, currently the best coach in ISBA. Not the most flashy coach around but he never has bad seasons. He always finds a way to be competitive and I'll never forget him taking the Nets to the Finals in the past when the Nets were awful. My rating for Paul: 87

Ante

Hrvoje: Also in the elite group, with titles and playoff berths to back up his game. Questionable trade decisions and pretty mediocre success when the roster isn't mold his preffered way. My rating for Ante: 87

Bryan: I've been one of his biggest critics lately but the fact remains that he's had a hall of fame career. He's struggled a bit on 2k12, there's no doubt. I happen to think his skills have diminished a bit but he's still got enough in the tank to win a title. This season with the Clippers huge for Ante. My rating for Ante: 85

Bryan

Hrvoje: One of the forefathers of 2K leagues. Always ready to mix it up when given a chance. Best off-court contributor around. My rating for Bryan: 81

Bryan: You vastly overrated me but that's cool. I can rise up and play well once in awhile and other times I look like I've never played the game before. My rating for myself: 68

Crax

Bryan: He's been here forever, just like me and he's always been a solid coach. Not great, but when he gives a shit he can play with anybody. When his uptempo offense is clicking he comes very difficult to stop. My rating for Crax: 77

Hrvoje: The dude is British. That's all you need to know. My rating for Crax: 82

Justin

Bryan: He has always been one of my favorite and most respected members until recently when he's decided to imitate Jeebs with his inactivity. On the court, Justin is solid. Similar to Crax above, not an elite coach at all but someone who more times than not is a playoff caliber team. One of the better defenders in ISBA. My rating for Justin: 75

Hrvoje: Right up there with Paul and Ante. Has serious gaming ability. Maybe not always in spotlight but his teams are almost always in playoffs. My rating for Justin is: 87

Bounce

Bryan: Since Hrvoje didn't rate himself, I'm happy to do it. He's always been in the middle tier of coaches it seems. Once in awhile he has a dynamic season in the spot light but most times his teams are around .500. I've always thought he could be better than he is if he cared but he goes through periods most seasons where he doesn't play as hard as he should. He has quality skills and can do serious damage with Portand this season if he plays his cards right. My rating for Bounce: 74

KIA

Hrvoje: One of the new generation of players around here. Still has a lot to prove, that's why the "low" rating. My rating for KIA: 79

Bryan: Kia has been here longer than you think. My only wish for him is he could be a bit more active. He's not the strongest coach in the world. I think he would gladly admit that. He's improved in his time here and I think he will continue to improve. He rarely uses star teams so I give him credit for that. Not a strong player but he's feisty and can beat most of the coaches here. My rating for Kia: 67

Luka

Bryan: One of the hidden gems in this organization. If he ever used an elite level team and really tried we'd be in trouble. He has such good skills and is a true pleasure to be around. He doesn't make a big splash because he uses lesser teams so he doesn't challenge for titles or anything but on coaching ability alone he's one of the most underrated. My rating for Luka: 78

Hrvoje: Also fairly inexperienced here even though I had a feeling that he plays for a long time. Has serious quality just needs to find how to show it in terms of success. My rating for Luka: 82

EDC

Hrvoje: With less than 2 full seasons played so far, it's impossible to judge on a bigger scale. My rating for EDC: 77

Bryan: I have a tough time rating EDC properly because I'm not sure how good he is. I know he's a good coach but since I've known him he's used elite teams so it's hard to get an accurate gauge. I think this season using Houston will be a better indicator. All that being said, he seems pretty good to me regardless. My rating for EDC is: 78

KJ

Bryan: I've never played KJ so this is a shot in the dark. He seems to be very competitive, despite using mid level teams like the Grizzlies so I see that as encouraging for him and his ability. My rating for KJ is: 75

Hrvoje: One somewhat terrible season, one somewhat decent season. It's hard to judge his quality. The next season will be his proving ground. My rating for KJ is: 79

Simon

Hrvoje: Plays here for a long time period, however without much success. That is probably most affected due to his "inactivity". My rating for Simon is: 77

Bryan: I've always admired Simon. The guy is clearly busy in his personal life but he tries to make time for us. That's all I ask, if for people to try. He's been a great contributor to this organization despite the inactivity and he's not as bad as his overall record indicate. He has a lot of sim losses. I've played him a couple times. He's not too bad at all and would be competitive if he played in a more full time role. My rating for Simon is: 71

Mulac

Bryan: I don't know what to make of Mulac. He plays good enough defense but needs to step up on offense. He has some potential but still has a ways to go. My rating for Mulac: 68

Hrvoje: Still playing his rookie season if I'm not mistaken, so anything better than 76 would be hard to give so soon. My rating for Mulac: 76

Leroy

Bryan: Leroy has as much skill as anyone here. I'm still not convinced he can translate that skill to a sim atmosphere. He seems to struggle finding the right balance between "ranked mode" and "OA mode." If he can strike a balance like he's basically guaranteed, then he'll do great and be a title contender. My rating for Leroy is: 79

Hrvoje: The original gay member, no matter what some claim that it was someone else. He used to be successful before his retirement, and is now poised to proved that not only he kept his game, but that he's actually better than he used to be. My rating for Leroy is: 84

Felix aka StanVanGundyball

Hrvoje: Known for his ruthless aggression on and off the court. Managed to survive for long time periods while crossing the line, and playing his "style of basketball". Successful. My rating for Felix: 89

Bryan: The best there ever was and the best there ever will be. Some of his antics were questionable but he normally didn't cross the line and that's why he had a fairly long career before retiring early in 2k11. He made Brandon Roy famous and for that, I'm grateful. My rating for Felix: 90

Jeebs

Bryan: One of the most important figures in organization history. After Sukan stepped down as commish, Jeebs came in and saved the day by continuing to run the league under adverse circumstances. On the court he was really special. Nicknamed "PIP King" he did score a lot in the paint but he slowed that down as he got older. Great competitor and great guy to be around when he was active. It breaks my heart that he's no longer active. My rating for Jeebs: 84

Hrvoje: One of the best in his prime, known for "bending" the rules. But to not take anything from him, he deserved all those wins. My rating for Jeebs: 89

RocBoyz101

Hrvoje: Kim had her moments, some seasons were really great. Unfortunately newer seasons brought up some less desiring situations (inactivity). Let's keep alive the memory of her glory days. My rating for Kim: 86

Bryan: He was a special player early in his career. Back in the days when he was a kid and had no life so he played all the time. Life caught up with him and his activity slowed but like Hrvoje said, remember the good times he gave us. He was a really good offensive player and resident Steve Nash lover. He was very popular around here during his prime and rightfully so. He was always in the playoffs. My rating for Mike: 80

Scentz aka Sukan

Hrvoje: The founder. While he wasn't the best on court credit is given where credit is due. A really nice guy. I miss him most from these 4 coaches.

Bryan: I almost get tear-eyed thinking about him. We will never have a better commish than Sukan. He had some ability on the court too. Let's not forget that. He's one of those guys who wasn't much of a try hard so he didn't have a ton of success but he's a great man and I wish him nothing but fun and happiness. My rating for Sukan: 77
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:32 pm

#NotMyWords

I used number just to make a separation between people, and putting a lower ratings doesn't mean much, thats why they so "big". The ranking you get by numbers is all it matters.

Thanks for shitting all over me.
#fag
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Lmfao @ this. Felix 98 lmao. Kim shoulda been up there with him

Also Bryan, you're too harsh on yourself & bounce (same person imo), Id say at least 80 for both of you
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:44 pm

best article so far. enjoyed reading a lot of it. great read.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Felix is fucking overrated...

Good read...
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Ante is way overrated ... I just beat him twice with a mid level team against the Clippers ... smh at the ISBAinsider Wink.

Great work. This is why this league is so great. Just hope we can make an association out of it this time.
Back to top Go down
Simon

Simon

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:11 pm

ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings Like10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings   ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISBA Feature: Coach Ratings
Page 1 of 1