ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th

Go down 
+2
Ante
Bryan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th Nba2k_18
It's been awhile, hasn't it. Welcome to the newest edition of the roundtable. Today I'll be joined by the usual suspects Ante and Hrvoje as we break down the latest news and happenings of ISBA as we enter year 2. Since we last talked lots has happened. The Clippers became world champs and after a good offseason appear to be on their way to another title. Paul resigned his post with the Lakers and several new coaches have been introduced. Some of which appear promising so I want to wish them well and welcome them to ISBA. Let's get to the topics for this week, shall we?

Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th Colbert-carell-stewart-hug
The trio is back and it feels so good

1. Are the Clippers the clear favorites to repeat?

Bryan: Without question they are. They were already really talented and now they're even better. I would like to see OKC or Chicago have a shot at them in a 5 game series but the Clippers are the clear favorite right now. Especially with Paul no longer coaching the Lakers.

Ante: I think we are, we have the experience and the deep roster and the best player in ISBA right now. Unless we do something stupid like make a trade just because of a man crush on Rajon Rondo, then yeah. My mojo says that this team stays like this, if ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hrvoje: Yes they are, that team is ridiculously deep and seriously a natural disaster of some kind is the only thing stopping them from #repeat. If there would be a season preview they would have like 1/3 chance of winning another title.

2. Is this the season Leroy and OKC get it done?

Ante: Get it done? They are WCF bound and if the defending champs (or Paul comes out of nowhere and destroys us all) aren't in the WCF then yeah, they can win it all, I still think they don't have the right mindset for it because they just disrespects opponents and other coaches, the Clippers are a bunch of nobodies, young Leroy gets distracted easily, just remember the all trip dub thing, who cares if you can get a trip dub with Reggie Jackson or whatever Xy. Just WIN GAMES against elite teams, last season OKC lost against the Clippers and Lakers twice, against the Mavs too, I mean if you can't beat the elite teams this season than don't even get a thought that you can compete with them in series because getting triple doubles on ranked games and vs CPU teams isn't amazing, it ain't somewhat of a skill to brag about, it isn't that level, it's mid level of the mountain, and Leroy you need to win like a team against the elite teams to climb that elite mountain and to consider you a threat for the title, I know Bryan is a big believer in you, but I think you have to prove a lot still and I think Hrvoje thinks the same too, I hope this essay type of answer lifts you up.

Bryan: That might be the longest reply in roundtable history...I've always been a believer in Leroy and my support is unwavering. He's got the team to do damage. For Leroy it's all about desire. He's motivated now but will he be 4 weeks from now when it counts? That's the question. I hope he tries to win it all because I think a Thunder v Clippers series would be awesome.

Hrvoje: No it's not. If they couldn't do it last season then I seriously doubt they can get it done this year with West becoming even more tough. They will probably go on another 38 win season but in the it won't mean much. Thunder are modern day version of 2000's Mavs team.

3. Thoughts on Paul stepping down from his beloved Lakers

Ante: Yes his PS3 died, but he deleted me on PSN, as you Bryan put it out the other day, lose 3 games against you out 4 in a short period of time, with one impossible buzzer beater three by Chris Paul over two defenders, it's possible to be really hurt and mad. So I think the PS3 situation of his could be solved easily, not too easy, but he could buy it in 2-3 weeks and rejoin, but I think at leas 40% of the leave of absence until 2K13 is because of BATTLE LA: The Punishment.

Hrvoje: It's definitely a shame as we lose the best guy, but it's not that unexpected. He wasn't really here last season, and with the way Lakers season ended and the absence of his I doubt he would've lasted another year. PS3 YLOD just ended the whole thing on the spot, instead of a slow "death". Hope he enjoys the new rims on his car.

Bryan: It's sad to me. Paul is one of the good guys in this business so I hate to see him go. He's one of the great members we have and one of the best champions we've had. Maybe the best. I was surprised how hard he took losing to the Clippers in the WCF but he's a competitor. I wish him the best and hope to see him back for 2k13.

4. Fact or Fiction: Chicago will win the East again?

Bryan: They are likely the favorite so I'll say Fact. Hopefully the new Knicks coach can challenge in the East. He played me very sim and seems to be a good addition. Before the season I thought the Wizards would be the favorite but....well you know. You never know about the new coaches in Boston and Orlando.

Ante: Fact, because of too big, too strong, too fast DRose, he's playing unbelievable and going for another MVP season, I think they go to the Finals this year finally, they deserve it, a 7 game series with coach KJ and DRose, would be epic.

Hrvoje: Fact. They won it with ease last season, and they only got better as all young players are a year older and vets haven't really declined that much.

5. Fact or Fiction: AFranken will be a member of the OA at this time next week

Hrvoje: Fiction. He won't be a member of the OA at this time tomorrow.

Ante: Fact, I just believe in him, and my gut is saying FACT.

Bryan: I'm going fiction here. If he haven't posted on the forum in 2 weeks and hasn't bothered to play any games (or log into the OA imo) then I think it's pretty clear he's done.
------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, that will do it for this edition of the #roundtable. Thanks to my panel for their efforts this week. It was nice to get the band back together after the long layoff. Until next time, take care ISBA.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:07 pm

#NotHisWords

#RoundtableModay>life
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Read everything except the essay. Showing my support
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

I haven't even read it, topics feel so bland and boring (other than the photo of the Artist crew). #meh
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:59 pm

They were rushed, we need some happenings till next Friday to get to the great topics...
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:31 pm

I love you

Sad
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Paul wrote:
I love you

Sad

You are missed.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:44 pm

^Not really. Wink
Back to top Go down
_Ante_

_Ante_

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:32 pm

^couldn't post that link in the other thread? Just randomly put it in this one ffs

My analysis in this roundtable was spot on as usual tho
Back to top Go down
_Ante_

_Ante_

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:11 pm

I'mma sneaky mofo...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th   Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-Monday March 12th
Page 1 of 1