ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lame Arguments Thread #ffs

Go down 
+9
Leroy
Bryan
Luka
Goldielox
El-Divin-Codin
jaybri
Ante
mulac
Bounce
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team with the best record at the end of season is:
LAL
Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
LAC
Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
OKC
Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
CHI
Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_lcap62%Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Officially rooting for Paul to give Kobe his sixth.

I'm right there with ya.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Ante wrote:
My own taste doesn't affect the MVP watchlist...And no, you clearly aren't reading what I've said correctly...

Do you know why you wasn't? Because you complain sometimes too much and I took only 8 shots so you wouldn't complain, he had 10 pts and 12 ast 0 turnovers...

He goes vintage when he needs to, ask Hrvoje, Paul, Dex, Leroy especially...

I just calm him down against you because you would've called him a hog etc...If I went vintage CP3 you would've left at halftime...

Why do you think you're so fucking good at this game? You did nothing but pick and roll and fast break oops against me. You want a cookie? Anybody can do that shit. Seriously. Congrats bro on being such a big dick at this game. Good luck in the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Another contributing factor to the depressiveness of this game has to be the constant arguing even if its a standard in the league.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 pm

^I'm not depressed.

Fairly bored but not depressed. I've had enough with shithead running his mouth is all. He's so good winning games with the Clippers while barely calling any real plays. I truly applaud his efforts. He's so good bruh
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:35 pm

*popcorn ready*

Time to bring out real opinions and not the fake "gg" crap.

Proceed...
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Honestly, why don't thinks like that just get added to the rules? User must use plays, User can't push the ball after a defensive rebound (unless something like a defense attempts a steal right after the rebound or it's a long rebound). User can't push ball off inbound. Shit like that. It needs to be clarified. Hell, there's no real rulebook on this site so it's more of a honor system at the moment and even someone were to complain about someone breaching sim play. Nothing can be done about it because there are no rules defining it.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Most guys I've played on here have their defects and even I have mine too obviously. People will have to speak up on those defects so improvements can be made. If I don't get criticized how would I be able to improve? The best criticism I got was aggressive backdown and I've tried to tone that down personally.
Back to top Go down
AFrankel

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:38 pm

I honestly find it harder to win playing without plays. I run plays 95% of my possessions because it makes offense easier but maybe that's cause I don't have a superstar on my team.
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Bounce wrote:

my thoughts exactly... definitely think there are a lot of fake "gg" ... some people seem to be bitter after a loss
Back to top Go down
AFrankel

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:45 pm

KJ wrote:
Bounce wrote:

my thoughts exactly... definitely think there are a lot of fake "gg" ... some people seem to be bitter after a loss

I haven't experienced the bitter "gg" yet, but if I ever am doing something you guys deem cheesy or un-sim just let me know and I will definitely not do it again.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:46 pm

I used to be a full out free baller but I've started running plays way more often and have Offensive Plays automatically on at the start of games. Sometimes I might free ball it but I'm more of a play user nowadays. I get killed against CPU unless I use plays or go hog ball with Evans/Thornton.

@KJ, bitter after a loss isn't the correct word, some losses feel undeserved as in they feel cheesed. They don't wanna cause problems so they'll say gg just to not cause problems. I personally never start a gg reply but I'll always reply back with gg ever since Mulac got mad when I didn't reply with that. Even if I don't send a gg message that doesn't mean I didn't like it though.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:47 pm

AFrankel wrote:
KJ wrote:
Bounce wrote:

I haven't experienced the bitter "gg" yet, but if I ever am doing something you guys deem cheesy or un-sim just let me know and I will definitely not do it again.

I didn't really notice anything cheesy with you, maybe I didn't pay much attention to that game I guess but yeah, you're pretty good from what I recall. I mean, you destroyed me with a crappy team, without cheesing, that has to count for something.
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:55 pm

you havent played enough yet AFrankel... lol... plus you play well and dont do anything that some people have pet peeves about... I personally dont care about how someone else plays but if they will complain they should watch what they are doing and not see things one sided or in a certain way because they lost...

Jon one can always find a reason to feel cheesed but that does not mean they actually got cheesed, you know. There are rules outlined on the site, im not sure in which thread though. They are not very detailed but the saying goes, "Whats understood does not need to be said."
Back to top Go down
AFrankel

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:57 pm

KJ wrote:
you havent played enough yet AFrankel... lol... plus you play well and dont do anything that some people have pet peeves about... I personally dont care about how someone else plays but if they will complain they should watch what they are doing and not see things one sided or in a certain way because they lost...

Jon one can always find a reason to feel cheesed but that does not mean they actually got cheesed, you know. There are rules outlined on the site, im not sure in which thread though. They are not very detailed but the saying goes, "Whats understood does not need to be said."

Lol true, I just meant in the future.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Wizards seem to be taking over in the East. I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs as hot as they are. That franchise was a sinking ship last week. Not they are in the top 8 and keep winning.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:09 pm

This isnt 2k9 that there's a need for 45 rules and restrictions. The game is pretty balanced and unless you play like a complete douchebag there are 10 different approaches you can play the game and still play it fair.
There's no point in having those 50%pip points, 10 fb points, on man d, zone this that. First its impossible to prove how anyone playf as you cant save more than 3 replays, there are no detailed stats like in past, and unless you have a capture card all the claims and protests are nothing more than forum back n forths.

Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:17 pm

KJ wrote:

If they can find a reason to get cheesed then they got cheesed -.- & Bounce, I don't mean rules of that sort, general guidelines though. As I said earlier, no pushing the ball after rebounds and no steal button smashing. Eventually infractions will pile up and people will notice someone is cheesing.

Of course, it's whatever, I have no authority here which is why I just reply gg and continue playing.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Lmao @ all this. No rules is better, I like bring able to play however I want to. I'll only pull real bs out on ranked games
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Jonathan wrote:

If they can find a reason to get cheesed then they got cheesed -.- & Bounce, I don't mean rules of that sort, general guidelines though. As I said earlier, no pushing the ball after rebounds and no steal button smashing. Eventually infractions will pile up and people will notice someone is cheesing.

Of course, it's whatever, I have no authority here which is why I just reply gg and continue playing.

I didnt say find a reason to get cheesed I said find a reason to feel cheesed... no matter how good the game is you can find fault in something with another player...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 am

I honestly can't remember the last ultra cheesy user game I've had. None on 2k12 IMO. I get far more pissed while playing the CPU. Probably because that's not even basketball most of the time. I give Ante crap once in awhile but I wouldn't consider him cheesy or anything. I just find it comical that someone is going to brag about how good they are when they are using an elite team and running pick and roll 85 percent of the game. We all have flaws like Jon said, no doubt about it. I just get annoyed by constant pick and roll. Do something different once in awhile ffs
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 am

Nvm I blew up for nothing, but don't tell me that I don't run plays please, that is wrong...Love y'all...My emotions take over sorry Bryan I love you I love you ...Btw Bryan my plays are 80% starting with pick and rolls, that's how LAC offense is built, usually weakside staggered screens or flex offense, that's what I do:
1. 60% pnr & post ups
2. 30% staggered screens
3. 10% flex offense (I use some of the Jazz offense)

Last edited by Ante on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:56 am

Ante why do you get so worked up about some things???
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 am

Nvm, my emotions run me over (post edited >>>>>>>>>) and I say some idiotic stuff that neither of y'all deserve, don't bother...Y'all know I love you all, especially the old group of members...I'm a emotional person and that's my biggest "flaw"...

Bryan, I'll reduce the pick and rolls, but a lot of the offense is the pick and roll and when you watch Paul play, that is constant pick and roll, even Pau Gasol said it's annoying and I bet it is, you get tired, emotionally and physically, but anyways, if you're annoyed by it I'll try to be even more nice to you and minimize the pick and roll if you're annoyed with it...
Back to top Go down
KJ

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:29 am

ROFLMAO... Ante are you bi-polar by chance? lol... Just messing with you... dont blow up Smile

You know I used to think the pick and rolls were annoying too but I recently joined a new team (in real life) and they do not run any set plays, they just call constant pick and rolls, give and go, and they really fastbreak every time (except when I am running PG)... shit gets annoying in real life too but the thing is, it can happen... not everybody will like the way you play the game or everything you do. Maybe you shouldnt take it as such every time someone says something about your play style, because sometimes you tend to BLOW UP... lol
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 am

Yeah, put in youtube blow up and see the song by a artist who's name starts with J lol...

Anyways, yes, in real life, I play the point and I push the ball run a lot of pick and rolls and a lot of plays start with pick and rolls and to defenses it's really annoying, so yes, you're right, not everybody will like your offense...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lame Arguments Thread #ffs   Lame Arguments Thread #ffs - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lame Arguments Thread #ffs
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next