ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? Empty
PostSubject: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:19 am

Since it has been brought up so many times by different members let's try to figure out if that is what most people want.

A lot of users went on about fucked up trades and #fantasy etc. so yeah I'm for it and we should introduce voting on user made trades as well.

Also the 7 minute is just too short to have a "sim" experience. The games aren't dynamic enough, very tough to make spectacular comebacks etc. So I vote for 10 mins.

I would also love a 82 games schedule, a lot of people don't play the CPU so it wouldn't matter to them, as for me I would love to meet up with certain teams several times to create a story and rivalry.

To conclude I love this league even if most people here annoy the hell out of me. The league is good because people actually care about it and put work in it.

Summary for those that are tired of my walls of text.

Rereboot: Yes
Quarter length: 10 or 11 (even 12)
Season length 82 (pace fast)
Rule change: Voting on user trades
Team of choice: New Jersey Nets

P.S. I may have gone overboard in the trades, I mean the trades are good but should hav been done in two seasons time. Tired of the Knicks having a bad team so I may have forced th issue to see the Knicks I want to see ie. The winning Knicks.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:30 am

I vote no to rebooting but I've never wanted to.

I like the fact that we're almost done with the regular season and we'll be able to get into offseason and continue to build our teams. I also enjoy the 7 min quarters but this is coming from a guy who doesn't really like NBA2k so the less minutes the better the experience from my end. I know many would disagree with me on that. I also like 7 mins more against CPU. And let's face it, the CPU is a significant part of the OA experience for better or worse. The only positive thing about longer games (IMO) is your bench is more important. We can (and probably should) implement voting on user trades for next season but we can do that without rebooting.

If we reboot again it would seem like we're trying to recreate the league atmosphere instead of actually doing a true OA. Play 1 season, then start over with a new team, etc. Sound familiar? It's a fair topic for discussion though since EDC is right that there's been plenty of whispers of people having interest in rebooting again.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:38 am

I see your point and agree to it to some extent. I guess most of us wanted an OA from 2k and taking a team, building a franchise.

Though the system is a bit lacking and it's our first (second) try and it. So of course some trial and error is needed and we need to tweak it a bit to make it an enjoyable experience for all.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:47 am

Hell no...
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm

no
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:58 pm

No
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Then I guess it's settled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?   ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISBA REREBOOT after playoffs?
Page 1 of 1