ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battlefield 3

Go down 
+4
Leroy
Bounce
Bryan
Goldielox
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Leroy

Leroy

Battlefield 3 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Lmao makes sense..

All I ever really did was do as much as I can to deny momentum bs. Fast break, paint dunks with McGee, find someone who's making shots and abuse the fuck out of them until 2k says enough. Considering how much momentum bs there was, I'd finish the game with like 6 people with 10+ points

I could never do that here cause scoring 10 points in a half with a 64 ovr player and running a fastbreak with young athletic team is such a crime in the eyes of everyone and I deserve to be crucified instantly without 2nd thought

I also like abusing the fact that people played offball D and that the CPU is so easy to beat 1 v 1
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 am

What's the game mode to play? Conquest, Rush, TDM? And what would be the best class? I played some this morning but felt lost...
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 am

Just starting out I would play Conquest. I prefer that game mode regardless but its good when you're starting out because it's the slowest pace of the game modes so it makes the learning curve a bit easier.

TDM is good once you learn the game but it's a lot faster paced than conquest so I could see that being overwhelming at first. The maps are much smaller on TDM. I've never been a huge fan of rush. Mostly because the people who play it are clueless. I enjoy the objective of rush though.

As for the best class, I use them all depending on the map except Recon. I guess Assault and engineer would be my top two. Assault on smaller maps so you can revive people, which I enjoy doing just for the fun of it. Engineer is good because you can have a rocket launcher to shoot at vehicles and tanks.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks.

What's that Physical Warfare pack I downloaded?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:40 pm

I never bothered to DL that. It didn't look like anything special to me. A few extra weapons and attachments is all it is iirc
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 pm

We need to try this again. I'm shocked Hrvoje kept getting removed.

Claymores and shotgun fgts...smh
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 pm

claymores are ok, but those USAS frag round automatic shotguns are totaly retarded, they're like mini granade launchers or sth
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:59 pm

I don't like claymores because there's next to impossible to see on the ground. It's not like on COD where they're easy to spot. The USAS guys were gigantic dbags. Those have way too much range.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Its ok, I missed just 1/2 of one match. Only the fact that I had to play for the other team was... they were way more inferior.

It was nice for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 pm

I shared the experience on team suck with you. I want the 4 of us on the same team. I need Crax. I was playing bad without him.
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 pm

I liked how even though I had the worst k-d score I wasnt useless. Finished the last game when you were on my team with only 100pts less than Paul and 400 less than you. Capturing the flags, and throwing health package made me a solid role player (on a shitty team), I was like Darko or sth, sucking but still...

Had 5-5 prior to d/c while under Crax' wing in game 1. I just followed him all the time.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 pm

^That's one of the main reasons I enjoy Battlefield. It's not all about K/D. Honestly, k/d doesn't even matter unless you play TDM. That's why I play really aggressive on BF3 because it doesn't matter if you die or not. There's so many different ways you can play this game and contribute to a team.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:46 am

All this bf3 talks makes me wanna play it..

Until I remember those 3 hours I had with the game. Got boring quicker than mw3 smh
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:07 am

there's no way to have us on the same side all the time?
Back to top Go down
Goldielox

Goldielox

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm

yeah we did, till you got kicked, then you have to be invited back again
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:57 pm

are we gonna play again today? I need more practice on this game so I can get on crax level Smile
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Paul wrote:
are we gonna play again today?

I hope so

Paul wrote:
I need more practice on this game so I can get on crax level Smile

Daydreaming Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 pm

I'll be around quite a bit Thursday and Friday if you guys wanna play. I thought it was really fun when the 4 of us were playing.

The resident Battlefield hater aka Leroy has to rip BF3 of course. Typical COD fans with their tunnel vision. Failing to realize that there's other good games out there besides COD. It's sad, really. Especially with how piss poor MW3 is this year. This is coming from the guy (me) who logged 16+ days on MW2 over a two year span and another 5-6 days on BO last year. Never again will I purchase a COD game until things change. They should be embarrassed with how bad that game is. MW2 is so much better. Unfortunately the community exploited a few things on that game (mostly 1 man army tubes) so it's not regarded as "great" but I've yet to play a better COD game.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Taking shots I see Surprised

I just don't see a game THAT slow being fun. I need as much action as possible. I'm already bored of cod cause of the lack of unlimited sprint. There's no way in hell going 25 - 10 AND losing after an hour of gameplay is fun

Also the fact that you're limited by your type of class angers me
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Battlefield 3 is not slow. There's tons of action if you want to find it. Yeah, you can camp like a bitch more on BF (although not really since you can spot enemies and the kill cams are more useful on BF than COD) but if you want action it can certainly be found. You gotta remember, it's 12 on 12 and right now it VERY RARE for matches to not be full or at worst be 11 v 12 or 11 v 11. Rush and TDM sure the hell aren't slow. TDM is played on maps 1/3 the size of the default ones to increase action. Conquest can be slow at times depending on the map but 3/4 of the maps feature plenty of action.

How are you limited by your type of class? You can change your class every time you die just like on COD. If anything, BF offers more options and more ways to play than COD.

Another myth from the COD tunnel vision crowd is that the matches take an hour. Completely false. 9-14 minutes per match on conquest.. It gives the time at the conclusion. It takes 8-10 mins per match on COD. Not a big difference. Rush matches can take awhile but I don't play rush much so I can't speak of that.

Look, I was a big COD guy too and I still think MW2 is better than any Battlefield game (BO was slightly better than BFBC2) but BF3 stepped up their game and MW3 didn't. I think BF3 almost plays faster than MW3. Smoother game play and the maps are more wide open. Also, there's not as many overpowered weapons on BF3.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Yeah I was talking about rush lol, it has the best name for a game mode out there, so it'd be the only thing I'd play. I want action and "rush" seems perfect

Tdm was boring as shit, btw. Didn't play much of anything else besides tdm and rush when I played and it was the most boring expierence of my life.

I can get into details about the speed, but i know you've watched me play cod. You've seen how I play and how I can't stop won't stop etc... You can't honestly tell me I can play that fast on bf3.

I'd give this game another shot if I could get the same type of action as cod. Like in cod tdm: there's 75 kills to be had.. I'm getting at least 35, usually between 40 - 45. Can I replicate that on bf3?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Rush is good but there's more snipers and campers on there IMO. That's mainly why I don't like it. People don't play the objective, just kill whore. I rarely get sniped on conquest. Unlike BFBC2 which was a snipe fest on any game mode.

I doubt you could get 35 kills on most matches of Rush or Conquest. I could see you getting 20-30 on TDM. You could get big numbers on a couple maps regardless of game mode (metro, grand bazaar,seine crossing, etc) but not all of them. Getting kills isn't the only way to get action. You fail to see that. Sometimes I'll have matches where I go 6-3 and was having fun and involved in plenty of stuff. Taking out air support, taking out tanks, capturing flags, reviving people, healing people, offer ammo boxes to ppl, etc.

I really don't see how MW3 is a fast game. Camping is terrible on that game, even for COD standards. I know you don't camp and you play it fast but the majority of people camp, therefore making it slower. And it lags like crazy.

I'm not saying you should drop everything in your life and dedicate all your time to BF3. All I'm saying is you should realize and respect the fact there's other games out there besides COD. I respect the fact you aren't a Battlefield guy but IMO you've never given the game a fair shot to find out if you like the game or not.

Are you still getting 2k12? You made a new PSN name IMO. 7 days and counting since ImakeHerSayLeo has signed in. I check everyday, etc
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:04 pm

All those other ways to get actions seem like burdens and duties instead of things you can have fun with. Like capping flags on Dom or ctf or capping hq's. Don't wanna do it, but I guess I have to etc.

The thing atm keeping me away from cod is the lag. There's just no reason to play it when I can put 4 pump shotgun shots in someones face and having only 2 register (which should still be enough to kill but it fucking isn't).

At this point, I'd give bf3 a chance just cause of that. 1. Lag, 2. Nerfing already useless weapons. But then again this pos is published by EA and they wanna charge me $10 to play it, so no thx. It's why I haven't been online in a while. Can't stand mw3 atm and madden is a big bag of meh as well, since they can't fix things there either (been playing a little 'chise tho)

I'll get 2k soon, and make the new psn soon
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:01 am

I totally understand your reluctance to play because of the $10 online pass. But it really is a solid game.

I'm curious Leroy, if you had to rate MW2, BO, and MW3 from 1(best) to 3(worst), how would you rate them?

You'll like 2k12. And if you don't at least you aren't out anything. Thankfully 2k doesn't have an online pass. It would be laughable to pay $10 to play this shit online.
Back to top Go down
Leroy

Leroy

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 am

I completely agree, only reason im even touching 2k.. Only free game out there now

I wanna say 1. Mw2, 2. Mw3 and blackops @ 3. But really mw2 & 3 SHOULD be the same Exact game, just without oma noob tubes and painkiller. So mw3 SHOULD be 1 but it just isn't. It competely fails for no reason, like madden and 2k.

BO is really nice looking back at it, just because of the customization and lobbies and combat record. Worst gameplay but the extra things were amazing. They even gave us current gen scoreboards, not some bs from like 2001. I wanna see how many caps I get per game etc.

I think I may try bf3 soon if mw3 isn't fixed. Should be the best cod but it isn't. I'll just borrow it from someone cause everyone I know with it, is tired of it. I'm sure if 2k/madden is my only game, I'll break my ps3 soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ISBA League :: LEAGUE LOUNGE :: DUNKIN' DONUTS SECTION-
Jump to: