ISBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Roundtable-October 24th

Go down 
+4
Paul
Bounce
Luka
Bryan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryan

Bryan

Weekly Roundtable-October 24th Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Weekly Roundtable-October 24th Nba2k_10
Hello mates and welcome to another edition of Weekly Roundtable. Some things have changed since the last time we got together. For one thing the dreaded "patch" has become the primary issue holding us back at this point. It's rumored to be out everywhere by early this week so let's hope that happens. We're also starting to experience some possible coaching turnover. What is happening with Jeebs, Kellz, and the Clippers coach? Who knows but enough small talk, let's get to the topics this week. I'm pleased to be joined by fellow ISBA coaches Ante and El-Divin-Codin this week.

1. Who are some early MVP candidates

Ante: No doubt, my man, Chris Paul. 22 ppg 10apg 3.5 spg 50% FG 35% 3P, 1st in wins added, 2nd in pure point rating (1st Kidd) 1st in efficiency rating, only 3 topg, do I need to say more?

Codin: Well for now at least stat wise there are only two MVP candidates and that is CP3 and Kevin Durant. But I think that the MVP should always come from a team with a great record because being a stat stuffer doesn't always make you the most valuable (How many boards would Kevin Love have if his center was D12 and if his team-mates didn't miss a ton?) while wins don't lie. For now there are four teams with great records that is: Bucks, Hawks, Nuggets and Thunder. And judging by the metric stats all these teams except the thunder rely heavily on team-play, thus they have no clear candidate in my opinion. So for me right now the only candidate is Kevin Durant. If Ante picks up his pace CP3 will definitely apply for the title.
What is also true is that simulated games produce poor stats so the MVP will come from the ranks of one of the GMs that plays most of his games. On a side note the Boston Celtics are the only team that has all 5 starters nominated for the all star game, the MVP is the team.

Bryan: Ante pimps his own guy and Codin writes a novel. Right now it's a 1 man race in my eyes. Chris Paul is putting up crazy stats and he's winning. He has very little supporting cast compared to other teams so I admire how CP3 is carrying that team on his back like LeBron did in Cleveland. I would prefer the MVP be from an active, user controlled team and Ante meets that criteria as well. I refuse to give Durant any love yet. I'm keeping my eye on LaMarcus Aldridge and Kobe Bryant as darkhorse candidates.

2. Any thoughts on free agency this summer? Guys you might go after, predictions on where others might land, etc

Codin: Because of the lockout there will practically be 2 free agencies in one with many excellent players looking for a team. The priority of the Boston Celtics is to resign all of their starters and role players, the only position we will be fishing for is that of a back up center. Of course we will be open if a great opportunity arises but it would be hard to find players with more heart, skill, will and team chemistry than our current roster. People are yapping about the age of the big 3 but I'm certain they are good for 2 more runs.
The most sought after FAs will definitely be D. Williams and CP3, as Howard is likely to re-sign his contract. There will be a biding war for the two best point guards in the league and the team with the biggest goal and cap space will be the winner.

Ante: I think Howard signs for Orlando just because 2K glitched him to sign with them and I think my CP3 signs for some other team just because 2K glitched him even though he'll be the MVP and a Finals candidate, Deron leaves the Nets, Russell stays in Oklahoma City, Rose stays in CHITOWN, Tyson Chandler signs for New Orleans.

Bryan: I think CP3 will stay in New Orleans for a long time. Why would he leave? Ante is going to put up huge numbers with him this year and they will be a playoff team. On the other hand, Howard is playing for a team struggling and if the struggles continue I think he'll bail. There's some sneaky good FA's that will likely hit the market. Guys like Eric Gordon, Ray Felton, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Courtney Lee, Tyson Chandler, etc. Maybe not the difference makers of a DWill or CP3 but definite starters. As for Denver, I want to resign Wilson Chandler, JR Smith, and David West. After those three I'm not sure but I need all 3 and am willing to pay.

3. Is it possible a CPU team wins the title?

Codin: Sadly it is. If one looks at the standings now there are 10 CPU teams qualified for the playoffs and only 6 HUM ones. Some of our GMs are excellent against HUM opponents but just can't find their way against the CPU so that might be a big problem. Hopefully this will change as the season progresses because I really don't fancy playing CPU opponents in the POs. Another problem that might arise during the POs is the schedule. It might happen that for example an 8th seed and worse overall player just doesn't show up for his games and the CPU just simulates the series in the favor of the absentee. We will see how it goes.
A solution for this would be a 30 HUM league that replaces users with low activity, but I feel the admins are reluctant to let the mob in.

Ante: It's possible, but I don't see it mainly because, Nuggets, Hornets, Celtics and Thunder (Thunder coach Kenrick says: "I can beat the cpu on HOF") can beat them there, but it's a 50 50 situation, the CPU Bucks are tough to beat because they have too many 3pt shooters and good defense and nobody scores over 14-15 per game on that team, Suns CPU is also so so tough to beat, Nash + shooters and Gortat, it's so tough to guard them, we beaten them just because CP3 had 40.

Bryan: I'm with Ante. Possible but not likely. There will be CPU playoff teams and probably CPU teams that advance but enough of us can handle the CPU. People will get better against the CPU the more they play it too. Jeebs is full of shit when he says he can beat HOF CPU on a regular basis but that's OK. I doubt he would be 3 out of 10 against HOF. Of course, I've yet to see him play a game of any kind in this association since joining last Monday. I appreciate the bold solution about having 30 human coaches but that's impossible. At least to sustain that for any kind of time period. The PS3 community is pretty much a failure in my opinion. If we have 12-14 people ACTIVE this would be great.

4. Thoughts on rumored return of Hrvoje to ISBA

Bryan: I've been in some behind the scenes talks with Hrvoje the last few days and he's very interested. He could be join as early as Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. He's currently in the stage of picking a team. I'm hearing Washington, Cleveland, and possibly Philly if the trade gets reverted are his likely destinations. He would be a great addition. He adds a lot to a league/association with his charisma and creativity.

Codin: Hrvoje? Who is Hrvoje? Sounds like another user from the Ex-Yugoslavia area. The more the merrier. The league is slowly turning into the NLB Liga.
Oh and a disclaimer since I've been referred to once or twice as a Croat. I'm not from Croatia, I'm from Slovenia which as Croatia is also country that was part of Yugoslavia. So while I was born in the same country as Ante, Ante was not born in the same country as me. Sounds like a riddle. (Ante was born after Slovenia declared its independence. Damn he's young ... damn I'm old!)

Ante: Lovely, indeed, just wanna say BOUNCE: bounce bounce
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic history lesson from Codin there. Also refreshing to see another old dude in the organization. I would like to thank my panel once again and to those who read this week. Let's have a good week after the patch drops and get this thing back on track. Maybe next time Weekly Roundtable will make its debut on NBA2k.com.

-Launching soon
Back to top Go down
Luka

Luka

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm

I think Hrvoje'll join. He already made a deal with a guy to buy 2K12 on one other, unnamed forum. lol

Weekly Roundtable-October 24th Igrati-za-reprezentaciju-ili-ne-gira-jos-nije-odlucio-504x335-20070626-20101019004108-15999

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Bounce

Bounce

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Those are just rumors. The truth is that I'm joining Kobe in Italy, and at the same time will join the cast of Jersey Shore in season 5 if I adopt the GTL routine.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Is it like a Craigslist type of forum? Sounds great imo
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 pm

oh man, I would've sold you mine for $50.

yeah CP3 should get the MVP.. since there is a curse that regular season MVPs never win the Finals*

nice for you to mention Kobe, but that's very underserving.

*except for Shaq, Duncan, & Jordan
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 am

Yap all you want, the patch it out and somebody will lose tonight hmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Surprise coming tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:48 am

Jonathan wrote:
Surprise coming tomorrow.

Dwight?
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:13 am

I hope that Wade for Howard trade doesn't get screwed up again. I see it went to arbitration again.

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:17 am

again? haha

someone is preventing it from happening. lol

and i think i know who... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:38 am

Its not even funny though. Its actually a big pissoff and I FULLY posted up the trade to seee if anyone was against it and nobody says shit instead that guys hiding behind a game defect for whatever reason. Honestly, will it kill you to say something instead, now we have to wait another week to try it again in which time the trade deadline might very well have already passed.
Back to top Go down
Ante

Ante

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:39 am

Who?
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm fine with the trade. So it wasn't me who vetoed it.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:30 pm

I understand the frustration from Jonathon here. When my trade with Ante was vetoed the first time I was pissed about it. The idea that someone is either being a troll or hiding behind anonymity to veto it. I wish it would say which coach(s) vetoed the trade.
Back to top Go down
El-Divin-Codin

El-Divin-Codin

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Well I don't approve of the trade but I didn't Veto it as well.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Sigh, really wish whoever vetoed it would speak up. I've definitely got my share of complaints for the way trade functions for 2K.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:39 pm

At least it's only December 24th or 25th on the calendar. Still plenty of time to get the deal through. If nobody would veto it and both parties agreed to it online it would be done with 24-30 hours of real time.

Just played Philly on New Years Eve and 2k had some nice, festive graphics they pulled out. It was lovely and got me in the holiday spirit imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Roundtable-October 24th   Weekly Roundtable-October 24th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Roundtable-October 24th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ISBA League :: LEAGUE LOUNGE :: ISBA LEAGUE DISCUSSION-
Jump to: